First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Anyone on here have experience with Fort Collins Jeep or Mike Shaw Jeep Dodge in Greeley? Looking for service on an eco-diesel. Anyone have a bad or good experiences at either dealership? It’s my first service and don’t have experience with either of the local dealers. Looking for any information or recommendations.
I know it's not either dealer you asked about, but I purchased my diesel JT at Prestige CJDR in Longmont and they installed my 2" lift and 37" tires and Rockslide Engineering step sliders.

I've had 3 diesel oil changes with them already without a hitch (all under Jeep Wave). They only allow the "diesel techs" to change the oil for whatever reason.
Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's not either dealer you asked about, but I purchased my diesel JT at Prestige CJDR in Longmont and they installed my 2" lift and 37" tires and Rockslide Engineering step sliders.

I've had 3 diesel oil changes with them already without a hitch (all under Jeep Wave). They only allow the "diesel techs" to change the oil for whatever reason.
I’ve had great experience with Prestige. It’s Jeep…. diesels don’t go through express lube lane.

Deleted member 28696

One of the things I'm slightly concerned about are the changes in fuel economy standards. What will they do with all the vehicles that don't meet 49 mpg by 2026 which is not that far away. I know these are standards for new vehicles but how are they going to deal with existing vehicles that get 13-16 miles per gallon like the gladiator. Will they fail emissions and have to be pulled off the road? I don't think anyone really has an answer yet but just some food for thought. These are expensive vehicles and a lot of us have a lot invested.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
One of the things I'm slightly concerned about are the changes in fuel economy standards. What will they do with all the vehicles that don't meet 49 mpg by 2026 which is not that far away. I know these are standards for new vehicles but how are they going to deal with existing vehicles that get 13-16 miles per gallon like the gladiator. Will they fail emissions and have to be pulled off the road? I don't think anyone really has an answer yet but just some food for thought. These are expensive vehicles and a lot of us have a lot invested.
It will be handled no differently than when leaded gas vehicles were banned decades ago. New vehicles will not be manufactured with old standards. Existing vehicles will stay on the road until they fail. Even after leaded gas had been gone for 20 years, one could still buy lead additive for old engines. This is not the first time fuel standards have changed in policy. No big deal.

Sponsored

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Only applies to new vehicles. Has nothing to do with used vehicles, inspections, or emission testing. .....and for new vehicles, it is an average, so it they have plenty of EV's or Hybrids they are selling, than that gas mileage will offset the gas guzzlers, so they will be in compliance., again on an average of all the corporation's new cars for sale.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Only applies to new vehicles. Has nothing to do with used vehicles, inspections, or emission testing. .....and for new vehicles, it is an average, so it they have plenty of EV's or Hybrids they are selling, than that gas mileage will offset the gas guzzlers, so they will be in compliance., again on an average of all the corporation's new cars for sale.
Exactly. When a vehicle passes emissions, it passes based on its standards when it was built.

upnover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
How do the gassers in 37s at your elevation? Moving to Co in a few months and thinking to pick one up.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How do the gassers in 37s at your elevation? Moving to Co in a few months and thinking to pick one up.
Just fine. I’m at 8,600ft. I do have 5.13 gears, but works great. I don’t expect it to be a v8, but no complaints. I still see 7th and 8th gear unless I’m actively ascending a steep grade.

Deleted member 28696

With 37s I geared to 5.13's from 4.10's to retain power, MPGs, & proper shifting, stock 33's I was getting around 15.8 mpg. Adding 37's went down to about 13 mpg, wouldn't shift right. After gearing on 37's went to 16.5 mpg. Added a RSI smartcap & went down to 13.3 mpg lol it should go up some during the summer months I expect. I have a 3.6L v6. After gearing I have plenty of power so that's no longer an issue. I've taken it to Estes park a few times and didn't notice anything, still good power etc. but that's a fairly mild highway drive, I'm not a hardcore 4x4 Rock Crawler.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
gear to 5.13 and you will be fine.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Welcome! I'm near downtown. I'll look for you! Can't miss my Gobi JT

New member here! It's actually the wife's main vehicle. We're in Colorado Springs. Love it so far, pretty awful on gas, but who cares. After it hit 1k, I put in the K&N filter. CHEERS!

Jeep Gladiator Colorado or Front Range Gladiator owners IMG_20220320_171428141_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Colorado or Front Range Gladiator owners IMG_20220320_171428141_HDR
IMG_0013.jpg

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
gear to 5.13 and you will be fine.
Every time I check in on this thread and re-gearing comes up, it reminds me that I should probably re-gear :headbang:. I'm sticking with 35's so no need for 5.13's for me but maybe 4.88's. I'd like to retain warranty so I tried my regular dealer (Littleton Autonation) but they won't do it.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I check in on this thread and re-gearing comes up, it reminds me that I should probably re-gear :headbang:. I'm sticking with 35's so no need for 5.13's for me but maybe 4.88's. I'd like to retain warranty so I tried my regular dealer (Littleton Autonation) but they won't do it.
Call Al at Colorado Axle and Gear. It’s all they do.
Sponsored