Colorado trails

Casmojave

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Ok so I’m heading to Beaver Creek Colorado area and I will also be in Manitou for a few days. What would be a few good trails for a Texas boy to go on and see some good sites for the wife to enjoy. I have driven SxS all over Utah and a little in Colorado. The wife did not like Moab..lol
I have ridden duel sport bikes over every pass between Ouray, Silverton and Telluride. But this is the first in a Jeep Gladiator a totally different animal way bigger. So I don’t want anything crazy because I have to drive back and the wife will be with me…lol
Also what should I take with me on the trails.
Thanks
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Ok so I’m heading to Beaver Creek Colorado area and I will also be in Manitou for a few days. What would be a few good trails for a Texas boy to go on and see some good sites for the wife to enjoy. I have driven SxS all over Utah and a little in Colorado. The wife did not like Moab..lol
I have ridden duel sport bikes over every pass between Ouray, Silverton and Telluride. But this is the first in a Jeep Gladiator a totally different animal way bigger. So I don’t want anything crazy because I have to drive back and the wife will be with me…lol
Also what should I take with me on the trails.
Thanks
Take food and water. Check out Gaia or local clubs.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/forums/four-corners.50/

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Black Bear and Imogene are pretty amazing trails in a Jeep without being very technical. Black Bear taught me that pucker isn't just something you do with your lips.

OP
OP

Casmojave

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Your right about that. I went down black bear on a Suzuki DR350 years back. I won’t do that again. The drop plays with your mind..lol

OP
OP

Casmojave

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Jeep Gladiator Colorado trails CD2BB7CE-0113-4B39-8D0F-81A636964728

We will heading out soon. Been looking at some trails to take nothing real difficult so I think it will fun and hope to do more.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Imogene is amazing for the sights but it’s not really near your location. I was there at the end of June last year and it was snowing at the top.

Not sure what kind of trails you like to do with the wife but Red cone is kinda in the area you would be in.

OP
OP

Casmojave

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Imogene is amazing for the sights but it’s not really near your location. I was there at the end of June last year and it was snowing at the top.

Not sure what kind of trails you like to do with the wife but Red cone is kinda in the area you would be in.
Thanks since we are getting older and the gladiator is bigger than I’m used to be taking on trails and this is the first time out. I wouldn’t want to go over a 3 or so for this time out. Just want to enjoy the outdoors.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Drive the highway through the San Luis Valley. Salida - Alamosa.
You can stay in 2H the whole time. That's not the challenge. The challenge is staying awake 🤣

We did most of Governor's Basin in a rental Durango. Finally got to a high switchback that I didn't want any parts of and turned back, but it was a beautiful ride out of Ouray.

Not a Jeep thing, but the train ride from Durango to Silverton and back is jaw dropping in the Fall.

OP
OP

Casmojave

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Ok so looking to do Shrine Pass and maybe Slide Lake, Wurtz Ditch when I’m in the Vail area.

Mt. Herman and Rampart Range and maybe La Salle Pass.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Casmojave

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Thanks I will check it out

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks since we are getting older and the gladiator is bigger than I’m used to be taking on trails and this is the first time out. I wouldn’t want to go over a 3 or so for this time out. Just want to enjoy the outdoors.
Check Elliot ridge. It’s on my list for this year for sights. Should be reasonably easy, as my parents did it in a grand Cherokee. They did need 4 low for one section, but it should be easy for a gladiator. I don’t know how early it’s clear of snow, but should be getting there soon.

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Try cotrex app

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
We’re from TX and did a 5k mile family road trip up to Yellowstone and back in the Gladiator last year. My wife also hated (feared?) Moab, but we all LOVED Imogene Pass. It was a highlight of the whole trip, including my wife. Someone else mentioned Black Bear. If your wife didn’t like Moab, I don’t recommend Black Bear.
Sponsored