Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
""The publication calls it “clumsy with mushy and slow steering that requires a lot of arm work…”"

Hey, that arm work prevents from having clumsy and mushy arms.

"Hates wind noise in cabin" It's a convertible.
When I saw the title, I assumed someone had revived an old old thread - not created another on the lame consumer reports again.

They must not test anything that doesn't have quick-ratio rack and pinion, as the steering on these is, well, nothing different than other slower ratio steering gear.
It's what happens when you send a 20 year old out to review a truck that isn't rack and pinion or quick ratio steering with thick insulated cabin walls.
Insert a big DUH here.
Hey, CR, get one of your older, more experienced, staff members to do a do-over, eh?

And yeah, there are already multiple threads on the lame reviews of this, as well as other Jeep vehicles.
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I think @ShadowsPapa and I need a web show called "In My Day..."
Coming from my 53 Buick and 51 Chevy, this Gladiator drives like a dream.

Now can someone tell me what to do about the wind noise? I can't hear the stereo on the highway....

When I saw the title, I assumed someone had revived an old old thread - not created another on the lame consumer reports again.

They must not test anything that doesn't have quick-ratio rack and pinion, as the steering on these is, well, nothing different than other slower ratio steering gear.
It's what happens when you send a 20 year old out to review a truck that isn't rack and pinion or quick ratio steering with thick insulated cabin walls.
Insert a big DUH here.
Hey, CR, get one of your older, more experienced, staff members to do a do-over, eh?

And yeah, there are already multiple threads on the lame reviews of this, as well as other Jeep vehicles.

Jeep Gladiator Congrats! You're the WORST! IMG_7520

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Now can someone tell me what to do about the wind noise? I can't hear the stereo on the highway....

Slowing it down from 95 mph sometimes helps.
If you pull over on the shoulder of the highway, does that help?

BT headphones (or in my case, open phone app, set hearing aids to noise cancelling, or just set the volume slider down to 0)

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
First off, if anyone is using CR as a factoring resource before they buy their truck, they deserve to drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz.

Second, we've owned many different brands over the years, but for the most part, we've always had an Acura in our garage. We've driven MDXs for 15 years; which as you probably know is a more feature/luxury SUV version of the Ridgeline. I've driven the Ridgeline and honestly, when compared to my Gladiator, it's not really a truck. It's an SUV with no hatch.

So bottom line, the Ridgeline is a TLX/Odyssey/Pilot/MDX with a bed. And it drives like that. Great. But for the most part, that's not what truck owners want (and the sales numbers show that). No real 4WD, has a modified TLX suspension, zero aftermarket support, and fellow truck owners look at you like your Ralphy in his pink bunny suit. Hard pass.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
All I need is to get to 88 mph....then I can activate my flux capacitor

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I like hearing things like this. I am still waiting on my Gladiator but I am trading in my F150 and a small part of me deep down wonders if I will miss the full size truck.
I dumped my '12 Expedition EL for my JT. Do not regret it.

The only downside we have experienced (not really a "downside") is when we have all our s**t packed for camping, it's not enclosed, just in the bed under the tonneau. It's forced *someone* to trim down what is actually brought.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's forced *someone* to trim down what is actually brought.
And you know how many guys would kill for that feature?!

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

Relax... in a few years we won't be able to hear anything. :LOL:

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
And you know how many guys would kill for that feature?!
:LOL:

"here's my suitcase, my bag with toiletries and randoms, and my purse (backpack), pillow, and 3 coats (ADHD). I'm ready." On the plus side, she brought slides and one pair of shoes.

I have a small backpack and a pillow. Total.

I finally got my wife to put a raincoat in the Jeep that stays there. It's better to be dry and cold than wet and cold.

My next goal is to get the correct glasses left in the truck... there are readers, see-ers, sunglasses for both, plain sunglasses, and spare readers. And none were used on this past weekend jaunt over the mountains.

Sponsored

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2021 Mojave gladiator
Didn't buy because of gas mileage. Didn't worry about Wind Noise... it's a rag top! I'm glad the Majority is built in Toledo Ohio, but the Only Reason was... it's a JEEP! Good or bad, there is nothing out there that compares to my Mojave! Oh yeah, thank God that Jeep didn't call the Gladiator a Pacer or Gremlin

UnforseenWeather

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave
Occupation
Creative Guy

Insert a big DUH here.

CR sucks across the age spectrum. Zero integrity.

RickF

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
"Additionally, the reviewer hates how much wind noise is present inside the cabin and how difficult it is to access the front and rear seats."

Strangely, the front and rear seats are quite easy to access in my Gladiator. To access the front seats, I open one of the front doors. To access the rear seats, I open one of the rear doors. Maybe I'm just lucky and I got an easy one.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
First off, if anyone is using CR as a factoring resource before they buy their truck, they deserve to drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz.

Second, we've owned many different brands over the years, but for the most part, we've always had an Acura in our garage. We've driven MDXs for 15 years; which as you probably know is a more feature/luxury SUV version of the Ridgeline. I've driven the Ridgeline and honestly, when compared to my Gladiator, it's not really a truck. It's an SUV with no hatch.

So bottom line, the Ridgeline is a TLX/Odyssey/Pilot/MDX with a bed. And it drives like that. Great. But for the most part, that's not what truck owners want (and the sales numbers show that). No real 4WD, has a modified TLX suspension, zero aftermarket support, and fellow truck owners look at you like your Ralphy in his pink bunny suit. Hard pass.
In fairness the gladiator isn’t a truck either. It’s also based off a SUV so your argument is dumb. I love this whole argument as to what’s a truck and not. How do you explain the amazing sales of the Maverick or Santa Cruz. Those are flying off the shelves faster then the Gladiator. If 4wd determines the worthiness of a real truck what do you say about 2wd trucks? Didn’t think about that one did you? I’d take AWD all day over a 2wd truck.
Sponsored