Sponsored

Consumer Reports recommends the Gladiator.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
LOL @ Consumer Reports...!

It must be an April Foolā€™s joke

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They mention Compass - as one to avoid. Interestingly my son, who is VERY picky and demanding about vehicles, likes his just fine. In fact he's been impressed with it's handling and abilities.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Dont forget JD Power. Not that I take these types of articles seriously, ever, but I must say Iā€™m happy with my Gladiator. It bests my 19ā€™ trd pro tacoma which after 7 months I turfed because of terrible mpg and a less than refined powertrain

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I checked that out after seeing the OP. Their number one pick is the minivan with the back hacked off. Only other mid-size truck to be recommended is the Gladiator! In the past, you'd be forgiven for thinking CR was sleeping with Toyota, but the Tacoma is rated only one meh. I thought that was pretty surprising on its own. Then I thumbed over to the Wrangler, which as mentioned above is not recommended. In fact, it gets pretty poor marks on all the same greasy bits that are completely identical between the two vehicles. So.... CR is still the high quality automotive authority it's always been, it's just that their Facebook status says things are "complicated" between them and Toyota these days.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Between getting caught fudging testing on the Suzuki Samurai and later Isuzu Trooper trying to make them roll over, they should have been sued out of existence.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
CR and JD opinions are just that. Real answers come from real owners with first hand experiences. I am fortunate to be married to a lady that works for Jeep (Service manager)and knows what to look for, avoid, and what is successful. Insider information so to speak. As for the Compass my son had one, was a problem after a couple of years and the wife was surprised it was still alive at 200,000 kilometres. But he did his best to maintain it and prolong its life. Finally unplugged the life support machine and sold it.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am 69 years old and have owned well over a 100 cars and trucks many brand new and many used. Brand new F-150s - F-250s Tahoeā€™s - Toyotaā€™s and more. I am impressed with my 2020 Gladiator we have been on many many long trips The comfort and performance are adequate could use a bigger fuel tank but no biggie as you can see in the picture it has a 2ā€ Mopar lift and toyo 12.50 35 tires 85-90 MPH through Nevada Utah and Arizona with some rain and wind. It handled perfectly. So to all of you that take consumer reports seriously you must be very gullible NO PROBLEMS HERE.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I am 69 years old and have owned well over a 100 cars and trucks many brand new and many used.
Boy do I need to save this reply, my wife thinks I have had a lot at about 30.šŸ˜ But I am only 62, youā€™ve got 7 more purchasing years on me.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
CR and JD opinions are just that. Real answers come from real owners with first hand experiences. I am fortunate to be married to a lady that works for Jeep (Service manager)and knows what to look for, avoid, and what is successful. Insider information so to speak. As for the Compass my son had one, was a problem after a couple of years and the wife was surprised it was still alive at 200,000 kilometres. But he did his best to maintain it and prolong its life. Finally unplugged the life support machine and sold it.
Curious as to what sort of problems he had. My son towed a large u-haul trailer from Iowa to Florida and it's their only vehicle. The only issue he's had is the same issue many Jeep people have had - the large u-connect radio. It was replaced and all is fine. So I'm curious what others are seeing.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Curious as to what sort of problems he had. My son towed a large u-haul trailer from Iowa to Florida and it's their only vehicle. The only issue he's had is the same issue many Jeep people have had - the large u-connect radio. It was replaced and all is fine. So I'm curious what others are seeing.
Well if I recall it was a 2008, numerous suspension issues, oil leaks, and it was a onroad rig and not abusedā€¦ā€¦..so he said.šŸ¤«

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well if I recall it was a 2008, numerous suspension issues, oil leaks, and it was a onroad rig and not abusedā€¦ā€¦..so he said.šŸ¤«
Ah, my son's is much newer - only about 4 years old. It was the first year of the new design, the better looking (IMO) version.
My son would have a fit if it had any leaks LOL - he's OCD........ wonder where he got THAT.....

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Okay, so what, JD Power says itā€™s good.
CR says itā€™s good, whoop-d-doo.
If looked at individually.

When you get several singing itā€™s praises, then there just might be something to it.

I think there is something to it.
Sponsored