Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Financial Advisor
1” more wheelbase???
From Motor Trend comparison

The track of Jeep Gladiator Mojave is just slightly more than -inch wider than Rubicon thanks to its special Mojave-only 17x7.5 wheels that feature 7.5mm less backspacing than the comparable Rubicon wheels. This provides additional clearance up front, allowing the big Fox 2.5-inch shocks to fit without being manhandled by the front tires, and the resultant 15mm width increase helps Mojave's stability off-road at speed and just looks a bit more proportional with the additional suspension height.

zoomz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Office Manager
Lots to think about. First of all jeeps are anything but cheap. I have a Mojave and the cheapest part was buying it. the parts you will want to add never ends. It's like I am building this thing for a bond movie or something. As far as which one to get. You can't really go wrong. It's funny. The things that matter the most are on the inside, like the bigger screen and the many many other things you will want to get stock. If you aren't ever gonna rock crawl, Mojave is the best of the best. Not sure why anyone would do that with a truck anyway... way too long of a wheel base. If you are only gonna be on the highway get an S and build it to what you want at your local parts place. If you want to go off-road get a Mojave. I regularly smoke Rubis and tacos in the dirt/sand/terrain... Good luck!

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Lots to think about. First of all jeeps are anything but cheap. I have a Mojave and the cheapest part was buying it. the parts you will want to add never ends. It's like I am building this thing for a bond movie or something. As far as which one to get. You can't really go wrong. It's funny. The things that matter the most are on the inside, like the bigger screen and the many many other things you will want t get stock. If you aren't ever gonna rock crawl Mojave is the best of the best. Not sure why anyone would do that with a truck anyway... way too long of a wheel base. If you are only gonna be on the highway get an S and build it to what you want at your local parts place. If you want to go off-road get a Mojave. I regularly smoke Rubis in the dirt/sand/terrain... Good luck!
Lol, those shocks on the Mojave, the main difference, sure seem to make a huge difference to some people.

Sponsored

zoomz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Office Manager
True, but the real serious gladiator pilots see the fox shocks as junk... I hear it all the time. They are expensive and for the money there are better systems. I mean its like $5K for the stock system. I love them though. My Gladiator begs me to just run over everything.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I regularly smoke Rubis and tacos in the dirt/sand/terrain... Good luck!
What kind of off roading are you doing where anyone can be "smoked"? Is off-roading a race? They aren't different enough to where one will be "smoking" another. We are all slow (except for the diesels, who are less slow).

zoomz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Office Manager
What kind of off roading are you doing where anyone can be "smoked"? Is off-roading a race? They aren't different enough to where one will be "smoking" another. We are all slow (except for the diesels, who are less slow).
Lol... hill climbing, beach races, trail runs... life is a race. Kind of why I got a jeep and not a tacoma.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Lol... hill climbing, beach races, trail runs... life is a race. Kind of why I got a jeep and not a tacoma.
Trails in your area must be vastly different. I don't see how anyone in anything would be going faster than like 6 or 7 mph around here, and that's flying! I see you're in Hawaii, which probably makes a huge difference. I don't crawl, but there are rocks, sharp turns, dropoffs, and obstacles everywhere around here. Also, just too narrow and too many trees to get any real speed. Where you drive definitely makes a big difference. I wish I had somewhere to run in the sand, just once. I mean, I've driven on the beach at Assateague Island (Maryland), but that's not the same, and racing would definitely be frowned upon.

zoomz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Office Manager
Trails in your area must be vastly different. I don't see how anyone in anything would be going faster than like 6 or 7 mph around here, and that's flying! I see you're in Hawaii, which probably makes a huge difference. I don't crawl, but there are rocks, sharp turns, dropoffs, and obstacles everywhere around here. Also, just too narrow and too many trees to get any real speed. Where you drive definitely makes a big difference. I wish I had somewhere to run in the sand, just once. I mean, I've driven on the beach at Assateague Island (Maryland), but that's not the same, and racing would definitely be frowned upon.
There are actually a lot more places to off road on the big island than most people know. The problem is you have to apply for a permit to be able to go some places. There are sooo many 4 wheelers out here.

Sponsored

Jasonblafrance

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Network engineer
May I suggest splitting the difference between the Rubicon and Sport S? Get a Willys. It'll have some of the looks you're after, for less cost. You might be able to work in a tonneau cover, But I doubt they'll do a grille swap . Either build/find one with the black grille, or just buy a black grille yourself.

No matter which trim you get, you should offroad at least once. You might like it!
I like my Wiliys. Got the important upgrades over sport. Looks good. I certainly like the price point over the Rubicon and dont feel I am missing out on anything.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I like my Wiliys. Got the important upgrades over sport. Looks good. I certainly like the price point over the Rubicon and dont feel I am missing out on anything.
Except 4.10 gears, lockers, red dash and decals.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Having traded my Rubicon Gladiator for a Willys Gladiator, I can say in my opinion that the Willys leans slightly towards the Sport model than being a true middle ground between a Sport and a Rubicon.

I think the Wrangler JK Willys was the last to truly be a middle level model between the Sport and Rubicon. In the JL and JT, not so much.

Mvitch

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Financial Advisor
Lol, those shocks on the Mojave, the main difference, sure seem to make a huge difference to some people.
The Mojave springs designed for high speed desert running makes it by far the best highway worthy Gladiator

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The Mojave springs designed for high speed desert running makes it by far the best highway worthy Gladiator
Stock it does well. Try some quality after market shocks though and the Mojave shocks will lose their shine real quick.
Sponsored