Cowl lights

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I really like OEM parts if they’re made, so I went with the Mopar bracket and 5” lights. Couldn’t be happier! Great light output and an old school, flat fender Power Wagon vibe when side-mounted. Also don’t get in way of folding down the windshield. Old PWs are another truck I have a weakness for…
No that’s not mine pictured, but my son and I do have two that are all there, but in need of full resto. Still, I bought em back in the day and have less than $3500 in both. Good decisions to scarf before they got crazy…

7A1B1A95-5A89-4045-B27B-CDD727776DBB.jpeg

86711366-028D-494D-9EB5-D52FD242B066.jpeg

FDF2ABF3-AA53-417D-AED5-F4F42367525F.jpeg
Wow, thanks for this! Mounting the 7” Mopars in my plastic JTW bumper seems like way too much work. And I NEED the ability to lower the windshield. I never would’ve thought of mounting them like this.

once you choose your orientation, could you move them easily? For example could I keep them vertical until I want to open the windshield and then put them horizontal?

And YES on the PW!!

Last edited:

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Wow, thanks for this! Mounting the 7” Mopars in my plastic JTW bumper seems like way too much work. And I NEED the ability to lower the windshield. I never would’ve thought of mounting them like this.

once you choose your orientation, could you move them easily? For example could I keep them vertical until I want to open the windshield and then put them horizontal?

And YES on the PW!!
Glad it was of use to you John! You could easily move them, yes, but I’m not sure you’d want to. In the upright position there’s a lot more hood glare, and while that doesn’t bug me too much, it bothers a lot of people. On the side I think they put out just as much forward light, and from the inside just pretty much illuminate the fenders, which looks cool to me personally, as does that side position just looking at the lights there on the truck. It’s more of a unique look, imo. But if you want to move them, just a matter of unbolting. Due to the position it’s a little bit of a pain, but nothing terrible by any means.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Glad it was of use to you John! You could easily move them, yes, but I’m not sure you’d want to. In the upright position there’s a lot more hood glare, and while that doesn’t bug me too much, it bothers a lot of people. On the side I think they put out just as much forward light, and from the inside just pretty much illuminate the fenders, which looks cool to me personally, as does that side position just looking at the lights there on the truck. It’s more of a unique look, imo. But if you want to move them, just a matter of unbolting. Due to the position it’s a little bit of a pain, but nothing terrible by any means.
any chance you could snap a photo of the glare at night from the drive
Will I just ordered them tonight. Can’t wait to install them with my son. He’s the one who got me into a Jeep and he loves their modular nature. BTW i have a daughter and a daughter-in-law who are PT’s.

Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Here ya go John! Funny my son is also a PT and he got me into Jeeps haha. It’s a great profession, your daughter and DIL will never lack for work!
first pic is with just headlights
second is with the cowl lights on
third is from outside to show it illuminates the fender and side of the hood. I love the look!
You guys have fun putting on those new lights!

Jeep Gladiator Cowl lights 8BABDAA2-BC2D-4FA8-A5FF-E0EFCEEC438F

Jeep Gladiator Cowl lights 194F82CA-D8D5-4A49-B58C-51E2D39226C4

Jeep Gladiator Cowl lights 8D6D4F85-C0A3-4677-B259-0BCAA003322B

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
KC Apollo 6"

Jeep Gladiator Cowl lights IMG_6623.JPG

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Ya'll cost me $$

Just ordered a set of Amber Diode Dynamics SS3 PRO the SAE fog's.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set of KC RZR 4" LED in spot pattern mounted on the cowl using KC HiLites mount. I also had a pair of KC G6 Pro Sport 6" mounted on the bumper in driving beam pattern.

Sk7Imrmh.jpg

Jc3qVu8h.jpg

Headlights only:

tRFPCoXh.jpg

Headlights and KC G6:

U2zSr0Gh.jpg

Headlights, KC G6 and KC RZR:

g3T603lh.jpg

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have no doubt my opinion on this is waay out of step with the younger guys but I HATE the way LEDs look in lights and especially the damn square housing lights.

I'm sorta ok with the long LED strip lights used on roofs, middle of cowls and even bumpers but the ones at each side of the windshield - UGH.

I kept the KC lights I had on my JK when I sold it and I'll probably put them on my Gladiator at some point. Nice to see at least one of you guys with the traditional KC lights on their truck! Flame away if you must. Yeah, the Boomer comments, etc. Lol
KC Apollo 6"

IMG_6623.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Cowl lights B1AF6A54-F45D-44E6-9594-27A84A7DEB82

Sponsored

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
@Josh00333 Yeah, mine mounted right up. Just added some lights last week. I’ll try to take some pics of mine. Looks like the link is still the same….

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Got a set of KC Flex Era 3s, the orange backlight is cool.
Jeep Gladiator Cowl lights InkedIMG_26782_LI
How do you like those? They are next on my lighting upgrades.... I have a hydro blue JT as well, how close is the blue trim ring? I was planning on doing the red one but like the way yours looks. How did you run the backlight wiring? I was planning to wire that lead to the same aux switch that my rock lights are on.