Sponsored

Curious: Security for lighting

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
So I'm seriously debating some Baja Designs LP6 or LP9 on the front bumper and haven't seen any info on the bolt installation setup. Perhaps it's just my overthinking but does anyone use security bolts on these to prevent or deter theft; especially considering the price of the lights?
Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Yea it depends on the areas you frequent I imagine. They are worth stealing though.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm seriously debating some Baja Designs LP6 or LP9 on the front bumper and haven't seen any info on the bolt installation setup. Perhaps it's just my overthinking but does anyone use security bolts on these to prevent or deter theft; especially considering the price of the lights?
I installed LP6 lights on my frt bumper and after having lights stolen from my TJ now I always use break-off nuts like what is used on traffic signs along with security bolts

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I installed LP6 lights on my frt bumper and after having lights stolen from my TJ now I always use break-off nuts like what is used on traffic signs along with security bolts
Yeah, that's a terrible day for sure. One I'd like to try and avoid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
i'm stabbing in the dark here because I'm not 100% sure of the angle or location you're looking at for the install, but have you considered foregoing bolts and nuts and just using steel rivets?

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The problem with those is they are a common as the penny. Everyone's got a bit. Commonly made.
I know there's no "full-proof" way to totally protect them. If someone wants them bad enough they'll get em. I was just curious what the group-think was on this.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been considering using one of these to make it tough to steal my winch, but Iā€™d like it more for lights. The winch would be pretty involved to remove with a skid plate blocking two of four bolts.

https://factor55.com/product/winch-lock/

395A69C5-D4B7-4324-9035-BBD7CFE9B0E8.png

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™ve been considering using one of these to make it tough to steal my winch, but Iā€™d like it more for lights. The winch would be pretty involved to remove with a skid plate blocking two of four bolts.

https://factor55.com/product/winch-lock/

Jeep Gladiator Curious: Security for lighting 395A69C5-D4B7-4324-9035-BBD7CFE9B0E8
Thank you for contributing, I knew I wasn't the only one concerned about protecting our high $$$ upgrades. I definitely like the look of these, the more intimidating the better. Most thieves like quick and easy targets. Anything to further deter and give caution to would-be thieves is a win in my book. :like:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for contributing, I knew I wasn't the only one concerned about protecting our high $$$ upgrades. I definitely like the look of these, the more intimidating the better. Most thieves like quick and easy targets. Anything to further deter and give caution to would-be thieves is a win in my book. :like:
I agree. When in my area, thereā€™s all but no risk. But Iā€™m always worried in Denver. Now we just need to ask Factor 55 if theyā€™d consider making these in different sizes, and as nuts. Itā€™s the best design Iā€™ve seen so far, but maybe others know of better stuff out there. I just stumbled upon it when looking for replacement snap rings for my flat link.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been going back and forth regarding a bolt hood lock for a while, as I have several other bolt items, but I donā€™t like the grill trimming. Maybe Iā€™ll get past it, mentally.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™ve been going back and forth regarding a bolt hood lock for a while, as I have several other bolt items, but I donā€™t like the grill trimming. Maybe Iā€™ll get past it, mentally.
I'm the same on the hood lock, haven't seen one I'm happy with the look. So I've been leaning more towards locking hood latches
Sponsored