Sponsored

Current opinion of the Bronco?

What do you think of the Bronco in person?

• Total voters

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
I have a Ford Fiesta ST that's force induction EcoBoost. It's such a great car, but I much prefer naturally aspirated power. It was ultimately why I didn't get a Raptor and also why I wouldn't get a Bronco. I understand the value of turbos, ability to tune, more power, more torque, etc... I just prefer NA engines.

I was a fan of all the press on the Bronco and I continue to be glad Ford is producing a Wrangler competitor. I like the competition in the segment as long as it doesn't drive meaningless change.

Of the Broncos I've seen, however, I didn't love them. I haven't even sat in one and I love boxy vehicles, but something seems off visually in-person. Maybe I need a close-up experience.

Ultimately, I'm undecided. I liked them more before they actually started delivering. Need to spend time in one to truly decide.
I had a Fiesta ST and have had a bunch of "cool" cars since it. My Fiesta was def my favorite car I've ever owned. More than than my previous Mustang, S2000 (close though), and M2.

Hold on to that one!

Also new Broncos look amazing. I would have gotten one over a Wrangler. Ultimately the Gladiator has the utility I wanted with the pickup. Plus being able to buy one under invoice was a massive selling point for the Jeep.
Still though, Bronco looks incredibly well thought out from an industrial design perspective.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Pops sold Ford vehicles for 57 years at the same dealership. Started there in 1950. Salesman of the month every month since the award was introduced there except one. We talked cars, trucks. He told me the only sales he ever lost were to Jeep. This was during the run of the original Bronco. Did Jeep appeal to me then? Yes.(Honcho, CJ) Some thing just feels and looks "right" about them still. Hard to describe. A pass on the new Ford-too girly for me.
Toledo, OH by chance?

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I am a Jeep guy, but I would rock the Bronco, but only if I couldnā€™t get the Jeep I want.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I havenā€™t ridden in a Bronco yet to know, but in fairness to the Mojave, have you driven in one of those? If not, give one a try as Iā€™ve been very impressed with my Mojaveā€™s ride. I do look forward to test driving a Bronco, but now that they canceled their truck platform, I donā€™t think Iā€™m interested in that platform.
I have driven 2 Gladiators. A Willys with MT tires and a Mojave with AT tires.

The difference between the two was night and day. I could never live with a Willys with mud tires. But the Mojave with AT tires drove great. Not just great for a jeep, but the suspension was well sorted as far a body control was concerned. As someone who raced cars at a club level years ago, It feels to me like softer springing with more damping.

Either way, it convinced me to buy a Mojave. So you are preaching to the choir. Ha. ;-)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And now production of the Bronco and Maverick in Hermosillo has been halted again.
Not sure how itā€™s happening but some are comparing the JT to the Bronco? JKUā€¦.sure. JT is a different fish.
Uh. . . nope.

The bronco SPORT is build in Mexico.

The bronco sport is based on a front drive auto platform.

The Bronco is a body on Frame truck made in the US.
You are clearly confusing the two.

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
It's a Found On Road Dead or a Fix Or Repair Daily vehicle so...I HATE Fords. Had a '98 Exploder for a coupe of years with the 4.no in it...what a POS. Hated it. Was so happy when I got my '03 GC for it.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a Found On Road Dead or a Fix Or Repair Daily vehicle so...I HATE Fords. Had a '98 Exploder for a coupe of years with the 4.no in it...what a POS. Hated it. Was so happy when I got my '03 GC for it.
FIAT - Fix It Again Tony.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I have driven 2 Gladiators. A Willys with MT tires and a Mojave with AT tires.

The difference between the two was night and day. I could never live with a Willys with mud tires. But the Mojave with AT tires drove great. Not just great for a jeep, but the suspension was well sorted as far a body control was concerned. As someone who raced cars at a club level years ago, It feels to me like softer springing with more damping.

Either way, it convinced me to buy a Mojave. So you are preaching to the choir. Ha. ;-)
What was so bad about the Willy's?

Full size, Sport is a passenger car.
Yes, I was getting clarification for the poll. Some people mix the two up.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
What was so bad about the Willy's?
I'd imagine it was mostly the tires honestly. People really under estimate how much tires make or ruin a cars steering/handling. Also it may have just had the wrong pressure, with lt tires a 5 -7 psi swing can also drastically change ride/performance.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

Ghost Stingray

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Nexus Ghost, 21 Gladiator Sport S, 82 Jeep CJ7,
Occupation
Tired
No, not my intent. Broncos and Jeeps live in the same ecosystem of enthusiasts. As a Gladiator owner I was just curious to hear if otherā€™s opinions had changed on it like mine had. Itā€™s Gladiator-related in that I want to hear the thoughts of fellow Gladiator owners. This is not a ā€˜bash Broncoā€™ thread. I am new to this forum and I am here to discuss things. But Iā€™m also a troll? Which is it?
I had the opportunity to test drive the new bronco with Sasquatch package. It accelerates quickly, the ride was a little rough inthat you can feel the nobbie tires as they hit the pavement. Interior room is awesome. There were two draw backs for me 1. I need a truck bed, and 2. You canā€™t get one for over a year. Let ā€˜em work out the bugs and see how it lands. It is a really nice machine.

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
I was in the meh group until I saw one in person at a local dealer. Pictures make it seem huge, mostly because of how the fenders are boxed / aligned with the hood. In person it wasn't this huge monstrosity, about the size of a Ranger. I liked it, the 2 door has a larger interior than the Wrangler 2 door, plus better drivetrain options so it would be a hard sell on the 2 door Wrangler for me.

But I need / want a truck bed which is why I'm here.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I think Ford failed miserably in terms of styling. They DON'T resemble the original (OR the later) Broncos at all. So why name them that if not to invoke nostalgia for the original?

They may be very capable; I don't know but they also don't address their competition by offering a pickup style. The original small Broncos had a sorta/kinda pickup bed option if I remember correctly. Didn't see them very often but they were out there.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
No, not my intent. Broncos and Jeeps live in the same ecosystem of enthusiasts. As a Gladiator owner I was just curious to hear if otherā€™s opinions had changed on it like mine had. Itā€™s Gladiator-related in that I want to hear the thoughts of fellow Gladiator owners. This is not a ā€˜bash Broncoā€™ thread. I am new to this forum and I am here to discuss things. But Iā€™m also a troll? Which is it?
Never said you were? I was referring to others clearly are. Chill out.

Last edited:

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just confused as to why it's constantly being compared to the Gladiator when they're not even in the same class. Or maybe why it's the talk of the town on the Gladiator forum. Ford has the Ranger which Is in the same class. But then again, everyone can't seem to stop comparing the Gladiator to full size trucks. So, I guess compare away. Lol. So as far as an opinion on the Bronco? It's another SUV, move on to the next...
Sponsored