Sponsored

Current opinion of the Bronco?

What do you think of the Bronco in person?

• Total voters

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
And now production of the Bronco and Maverick in Hermosillo has been halted again.
Not sure how it’s happening but some are comparing the JT to the Bronco? JKU….sure. JT is a different fish.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
And now production of the Bronco and Maverick in Hermosillo has been halted again.
Not sure how it’s happening but some are comparing the JT to the Bronco? JKU….sure. JT is a different fish.
That's the Bronco Sport

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Why is this not posted in the ‘Gladiator vs. XXX’ section?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Two years ago I was open to considering Bronco. But nonstop over-hyping of the vehicle, and some of Ford’s questionable marketing decisions soured me on it.

As time goes by, it is becoming increasingly obvious that Ford cut too many corners.

I have seen three so far. I was surprised how mundane they look driving on the street.

Production issues aside, this is my list of letdowns so far:
  1. The interior has great seats but is mired by a generic-looking design and covered in cheap plastics
  2. A body that is too wide. For those of us who take our Jeeps off-road, Bronco is too wide and ungainly for many trails
  3. Sloppy fitting soft top. What is with all the wrinkles on that top? And what is it with that dumb rear opening that requires you to lift the ENTIRE rear quarter section to access the cargo area?
  4. Unless you are opting for the Sasquatch package, Bronco looks quite mundane in 32-inch tires. And, apparently, once you put 35s, whatever advantage Bronco had on-road goes out the window
  5. I’m not sold on that front swaybar “dislocate.” Looks like a marketing gimmick Ford came up with to try to overcome Bronco’s key weakness on the trail
  6. Those frameless windows are bound to become an endless source of issues and frustration
  7. That engine bay is a mess
Jeep Gladiator Current opinion of the Bronco? 1634481503837

Last edited:

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
With the top down, can you see anything through rear view mirror? Top looks like it sits kind of high. I like the color you picked.
No you can’t see anything out the back with it down. You can complete remove the soft top with four bolts. Which is also pretty easy and easy to store.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I agree. I think they keep getting compared because they are the two new kids on the block.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I like it, but at the end of the day I don't want to be stuck taking it back to the dealer, either from issues or things that are difficult to service. And there would need to be a naturally aspirated engine option.

Plus they don't have one with a bed.

Alligatorgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I like the Bronco, and I still have a reservation. The longer this cluster F drags on, and as misstep after misstep piles up…I’m not sure I’ll get one anytime soon. The pandemic is one thing, but Ford has done a horrid job of everything else. It’s embarrassingly bad, really. I like my Mojave more every day! I always thought Gladiators were too big, and in reality they drive pretty small if that makes sense? The longer wheelbase and Fox suspension of the Mojave specifically, really helps with ride quality too. I thought it would ride similar to my JK….it’s light years ahead. Gladiator for the win.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Two years ago I was open to considering Bronco. But nonstop over-hyping of the vehicle, and some of Ford’s questionable marketing decisions soured me on it.

As time goes by, it is becoming increasingly obvious that Ford cut too many corners.

I have seen three so far. I was surprised how mundane they look driving on the street.

Production issues aside, this is my list of letdowns so far:
  1. The interior has great seats but is mired by a generic-looking design and covered in cheap plastics
  2. A body that is too wide. For those of us who take our Jeeps off-road, Bronco is too wide and ungainly for many trails
  3. Sloppy fitting soft top. What is with all the wrinkles on that top? And what is it with that dumb rear opening that requires you to lift the ENTIRE rear quarter section to access the cargo area?
  4. Unless you are opting for the Sasquatch package, Bronco looks quite mundane in 32-inch tires. And, apparently, once you put 35s, whatever advantage Bronco had on-road goes out the window
  5. I’m not sold on that front swaybar “dislocate.” Looks like a marketing gimmick Ford came up with to try to overcome Bronco’s key weakness on the trail
  6. Those frameless windows are bound to become an endless source of issues and frustration
  7. That engine bay is a mess
Jeep Gladiator Current opinion of the Bronco? 1634481503837
Faster to service with no covers when they break down.🤪

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I watched one on a gnarly trail today. It held its own. Not the floundering I come to expect from IFS.
I like my JT better. But it did well. Some scraping etc. But it did good. Jeep, step it up.
Agreed, Mike. I hate them, and all fords forever, but it did handle itself fine. I did secretly want to see the shiny white body panels get some pin stripes on that tree though.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I love these threads. They show me which members are actually here to discuss things, and which are just trolls.

I feel like we've all talked about this so much that I should just copy and paste all the posts I put in other threads. It's a good vehicle, it's no pickup truck but it's definitely worth considering for those looking for the SUV form factor. Once the production issues shake out it'll be easier to see. Most reviews are about the dealer or delivery experience, which is like going on Amazon and giving the product 1 star because USPS was late with the package. Not that it doesn't matter, but it also isn't reflective of the product itself at all.

Lets make more Bronco threads!

Outside Reality Check

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Toyota 4Runner LTD
Occupation
Surgical Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
Talking with friends and coworkers about the Bronco, I kept hearing how it looked like this or that. I never heard any one say "Classic Bronco", so. Not hideous, but definitely not blowing anyone away. I am also drinking the proverbial Jeep KoolAid and biased against un-Jeep like products. With that said. Has anyone heard of a "Bronco salute, Shaka, or Hi-sign", I think not.

hi sign.jpg
Sponsored