Sponsored

Damaged Front Bumper Upon Arrival...Again...

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I would not accept it either. Offer me a nice discount to keep it as is, yeah that might change my mind. Most companies have figured out how to ship new products so they arrive to their customers in new condition. Those that can’t might have a hard go at it eventually. Disappoint a customer more than once and they’ll look to spend their hard earned cash elsewhere.
Sponsored

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
First one - Hell no.

Second one - yes and buy a color matching marker.

Last Labor Day, I placed a one time $1,000 order from Morris 4x4 to save an extra 10%.

Accessories were adding up and I thought saving $100 seemed good at the time. It ended up being a terrible decision that ended up costing me more time and money in the long run.

Here’s some highlights from my experience with Morris:

1. They advertise items “in stock” and ready to ship next day - in my case, this was not true.

2. You can’t cancel or change your order online. I called right away to change my order. I cancelled a bumper and ordered a different one. They said no problem, but they still charged me $700 for the wrong one and shipped it 2 weeks later. Even though I called right away to order a different bumper, they still tried to charge me $80 to return it.

The second problem was I received a used and damaged winch that someone else returned. Their customer service is the worst I’ve dealt with - I waited for hours on the phone and using their online chat. If you’re able to get through, you can never get a hold of the same person to get an update. If they return your email you get, “sorry let me reach out to company xxx again”. There is never any proactive follow up. In my only experience their customer service rep didn’t even use an official Morris email account. They used their personal Gmail account. Eventually, I just gave up.

3. After two months of failed communication, I reached out directly to the manufacturer. They answered their phone right away and I was speaking with a live person in about 30 seconds. I explained I received a used and damaged winch and couldn’t get a replacement from Morris. They agreed Morris should have taken care of me, but since they didn’t, they would make it right. They replaced it and they didn’t even flinch. They sent me a replacement right away and even covered shipping costs.

I thought for sure I would see more posts on this forum about Morris, but maybe others have had better luck. For those who have had a great experience, consider yourself lucky and be thankful.

After I started having problems, I went online and read their reviews - it was too late to go back. There’s a reoccurring theme and many are spot on.

I’ll never purchase from Morris again. It’s just not worth the headache if you need to change your order, need to exchange parts, or want a refund.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think people are missing the point & blaming the shop or manufacturers. The damage is coming from the shipper. It does not matter how well you package it if the shipper does not give a F. A box should not come shredded or damaged but the shippers & their drivers hate heavy stuff. They don't lift it but instead drag, roll, drop, tumble the thing around instead of using a damn dolly. I've ordered from several heavy things from 4x4 shops and 99% of the items come with damage no mater how well they are packaged. Yes the shop pays for the shipping but the shipper is causing all the damage due to laziness and not giving a F is the bottom line.

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
So, let me start by saying that I understand that times are tough, that everyone is going through things differently, & that I realize we need to be a little bit more understanding....

Now that that's out of the way & since this is an open forum, I wanted to reach out to the community to address something that I've noticed & see if anyone has any similar experiences. On 12/14/20, I placed my original order for the Fab Fours Stubby Bumper (part #JL18-B4752-1) from Morris4x4 (found their link directly through the Fab Fours website) which was delivered & left at my doorstep on 12/21/20 via FedEx Home Delivery (no signature required). The below pictures are how the original order was delivered:

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

0CDEA858-1345-4C31-B8B5-745109ABD901.jpg
6D8F6FB5-B27E-4481-80B0-C9B12F348062.jpg
52B07F09-343D-4029-8287-1757D4BE99C9.jpg
60D639A9-F67D-4CB2-903A-864AF25C170A.jpg
814DC9B3-1988-4535-8251-73C074A7B8DC.jpg
8090CDD7-3334-4A17-A2DE-E94B6832D598.jpg
839047DA-CB75-4262-BA46-A3DE55E31209.jpg
2035324E-B201-40B7-B72C-DC2CB1A343E6.jpg
AE9026CB-6499-4292-8760-34C25D6EE960.jpg
B2238C66-6181-4A94-96E4-210241F0F7D0.jpg

Obviously, I wasn't pleased & instantly reached out to Morris4x4 to remedy the issue. Apparently, the item should've been sent via LTL Freight, but wasn't. Also, the packaging was apparently "high quality" via Fab Fours Support Team once I reached out to notify them of how their items are being handled by those they trust to market/distribute. I guess a simple black felt fabric and cardboard box are enough to protect a steel bumper. No packing peanuts, no condensed foam, no bubble wrap. Nothing. After going back & forth with Morris4x4 & waiting another month for delivery of the replacement, I finally received the 2nd bumper this afternoon via LTL Freight. The pictures are listed below:

28A9FEF0-06F6-41C1-A9B2-B668D5EAD880.jpeg
1573A2CF-C346-4AA8-BC7F-5214EBDBC662.jpeg
7817BBAA-5F99-448C-AD92-CA52F2651DFC.jpeg
03E92ABE-6F76-48FE-8216-114DAE475B2D.jpeg
F24A57A9-81FC-4CE0-9524-E868C5891467.jpeg
BDE6F700-36D8-4DBA-A597-D734FFD29C53.jpeg
41C6BAED-2490-4B84-A704-6D74D63FDD8A.jpeg

As you can see...better exterior packaging, but the interior had a similar result. Due to bare metal being exposed on the 2nd bumper, I refused the delivery & didn't sign the delivery receipt. If I mount it, it'll rust in no time. Plus, I feel that I shouldn't have to fix anyone else's issues, so I don't want to simply patch it or send it to a shop to powder coat over the exposure. I just simply want the item I ordered...undamaged. Again, reached out to Morris4x4 to remedy the issue. They apologized yet again & asked if I wanted a refund or replacement.

Giving them one last chance, but wondering if this is a lost cause. I fear that the 2nd bumper issue might've been a factory QA mishap by Morris4x4 vs shipping issue, but it's not my call. Like I said above, I know that things happen & I try to be a forgiving guy, but this is insane. Has anyone else had an issue with bumpers or with Morris4x4? This is my first time ordering from them & it's not leaving me with a great impression....
I had the exact same thing yesterday from Morris 4 x4 with the same Fab Four bumper. Your packaging was better than mine as mine was just cardboard wrap with open ends where the bumper slid out in the blanket it was wrapped in. Blanket torn ,tape everywhere and numerous scratches, paint chips....so pathetic.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My Rugged Ridge HD bumper had no issues but you have to assemble some of it, had no issues with my DV8 rear bumper either. I have also ran a few of Fab four products on other Jeep's and have had no issues either. I do know Gregg from meeting him at some of the 4 wheel events in the area and he's a good guy and if you contact Fab Fours personally they will go out of their way to help you out. I wish Gregg still did custom work but I guess business is to good right now doing it the ways he's doing it.

As far as your bumper, it happens, it's going to get scratches or whatever within a month of being installed. Anything under $600 is a cheap bumper and they ain't going to be perfect most of the time when they arrive so a little paint and you will be good to go.

Sponsored

FoxForce4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT HA
If a business is being run correctly, they account for damage in transit & build it into their model. Prices are a bit higher for the product as a consequence. Cost of doing business? Yes, and that cost is spread across all customers.

Point being- it's not being a pain in the ass insisting that items you purchase are not damaged. Undamaged items should be the bare minimum of what's acceptable from a seller.

Your money, your truck, your call. They've already taken money off you through your time- calling them, arranging ship-back, re-packaging, performing QA. TWICE.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I think people are missing the point & blaming the shop or manufacturers. The damage is coming from the shipper. It does not matter how well you package it if the shipper does not give a F. A box should not come shredded or damaged but the shippers & their drivers hate heavy stuff. They don't lift it but instead drag, roll, drop, tumble the thing around instead of using a damn dolly. I've ordered from several heavy things from 4x4 shops and 99% of the items come with damage no mater how well they are packaged. Yes the shop pays for the shipping but the shipper is causing all the damage due to laziness and not giving a F is the bottom line.
Not quite. A heavy item that is loose in a box will cause damage to the box (and itself) with any normal handling. Bear in mind that package gets handled by lots of different individuals along the way. And inside of a trailer it will have other packages stacked on top of it. If not properly packaged then it will sustain damage there as well.

A poorly packaged heavy box will be in damaged condition before it's even loaded to the delivery truck. At which point that box will usually have other items stacked on it there, as well.

Heavy items are a challenge to pack, sure. But again, if the seller uses the same amount of packing, reinforcement, tape etc. as with a much lighter item, then they don't get a pass.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I guess you missed part of the point, too - it's not taking MORE time, it's doing it right in the SAME time.
You have to think - not be stuck in la-la land with your ear buds blasting on high.
And therein lies the problem.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Completely disagree. Shipping is all about minimizing movement and maintaining rigidity and they're not even giving UPS a chance on this one. Boxes don't magically tear from shipping and it's well known what they go through. It's up to the shipper to ensure their product is packaged well enough to survive shipping and cardboard like that is far too thin to hold back a bumper with no additional internal support to keep the bumper in place.

This is just Fab Fours (like many) cheaping out on shipping products to save a buck.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Disagree. As shadowspapa has said, The manufacture should pack the item in a manner where it doesn’t move in the box and the actual packaging should accommodate the weight in size of the item in the box. A 200 pound bumper should not be package with just a thin layer of cardboard.

Have you ever seen what a full FedEx or UPS truck looks like at the beginning of the day? These trucks are typically packed to the brim, and it’s not like they only have 1 to 2 large items in them.

Going with your logic the manufacture shouldn’t have to pack the item at all, and the shipper should make sure the item doesn’t get scratched or nicked, by any other items...?

Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I ordered a set of powder coated running boards from Tyger Auto on Amazon for around $400. The boards were shipped via UPS, and aside from some small holes, the box was almost entirely intact. The boards themselves were double wrapped in bubble wrap and were very well protected. Even the hardware was bubble wrapped and then taped to the bubble wrap so they would not slide around inside the box. I inspected the rails before installing them and found zero imperfections scratches etc. I personally don’t think the expectation of receiving a new item in a new condition after being shipped is too much to ask.

8CC6BC63-052B-43CC-8426-3986A2E638CF.jpeg

9CEB6BE8-9BC7-4E4A-B43F-0708CBB2597D.jpeg

3AA45DB3-600A-4EB4-80F4-7D6CFD67DE00.jpeg

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
I got my parts direct from FabFour in very secure protective packaging with not even a scratch on the finish.

Deleted member 30519

I used to blame ups and fedex and then I realized it's more about how these companies package the items before they ship. They are quick to blame ups and fed ex too when you you make a complaint. My Rubicon express rear track bar was all messed up with scrapes and chunks of paint missing but they literally put it in a large empty box with nothing else . What do you think is gonna happen ? LoL

FoxForce4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT HA
A few years ago I bought an old-school style steel saucer sled off Amazon. It showed up in a perfectly intact box literally folded completely in half. I about choked laughing, picturing how pissed off the guy packaging must have been to just totally gorilla the thing into a clamshell and stuff it in the box, probably to the howls of his co-workers.

Was what that guy (assume it was a guy- would take some effort to do what was done) did right? Heavens no. But the utter audacity of completely folding the thing in half, shoving it in the box, and saying, "f it. All good." hit me hard in the funny.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I wouldn’t be happy,
Looks or not- if I paid new I expect new because that’s what they sold You and expectation of newness...
Yes you could touch it up
Yes maybe you will scratch it on your own.
But for those who say tuff it out
I’ll bet you didn’t accept your new gladiator with dents and body damage either. If you did- your standards are lower than mine
Sponsored