OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Nada. Absolutely nothing different.

Tried the fuses and they all had some play but no luck.

I will get it towed on Monday. I'm not going to be here at all tomorrow.

Stay tuned. The way it's acting I would be inclined to say a brake switch or the actual start switch except for the fact the remote will no longer unlock or lock the truck

So it seems like some sort of PCM issue.

@JeepCares

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I can't tell if you've completely removed battery power yet or not. If not, disconnect the negative battery cables from the main battery and from each other, this disconnects both batteries. Leave it like that for several minutes before reconnecting.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I can't tell if you've completely removed battery power yet or not. If not, disconnect the negative battery cables from the main battery and from each other, this disconnects both batteries. Leave it like that for several minutes before reconnecting.
Im going to have the dealer sort it out at this point. Even if removal of both resets it, clearly something is wrong and they need to sort it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
That will involve taking the fender liner out correct?
The negative cable for the secondary battery connects to the negative terminal of the main battery, which then connects to the frame. This keeps the system powered up, even if the main battery is removed. To get a system reboot, the secondary negative cable needs disconnected from the main negative terminal. No need to get under the fender or remove the ESS battery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The negative cable for the secondary battery connects to the negative terminal of the main battery, which then connects to the frame. This keeps the system powered up, even if the main battery is removed. To get a system reboot, the secondary negative cable needs disconnected from the main negative terminal. No need to get under the fender or remove the ESS battery.
Got it, so even fully disconnecting the negative terminal itself wont reboot because the ground is still feeding the aux battery through the main negative block until the aux is just disconnected altogether.

Will see if I have time before leaving this AM

Dew.J

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Do you have a multi-meter? Check the voltage of the battery set. If the battery truly died, not just low, charging it won’t do anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Do you have a multi-meter? Check the voltage of the battery set. If the battery truly died, not just low, charging it won’t do anything.
I don't. What runs off the aux battery anyways? Or is it just truly a secondary backup one? I know it's needed for start/stop but anything else?

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
There's an easier way to reset the ECM without unplugging the batteries.

-open hood and leave open for at least 20 minutes

-put key fob in pocket so it "learns" your body temperature

-go out under hood and pull key for from pocket

- place hand with keyfob over battery at a distance of 6-7" inches above battery.

-now follow this part exactly and carefully: carefully make circle motions(clockwise) with keyfob hand 6-7"s above battery while saying the following, "jeep primary user request for system reset".

If you did everything right you will hear a female uconnect voice say, "user request granted, system restarting captain".

If you did something wrong like hold your hand too low or high above battery or wave it in a counter clockwise motion, the uconnect voice will say, "system sequence unauthorized, going into safe mode"

At that point your jeep gladiator will send a distress signal to Toledo and the doors and tailgate will lock. All 4 windows will open approximately 1/4" and the stereo will come on and play nickelback in a loop until the vehicle is reset by an authorized user. You will probably have to call the dealer to get them out because they are the only ones with the reset codes.

Be careful and take your time. This is way easier than disconnecting both batteries.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland