First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Web Applications Developer
Were in VA are you? If near Vienna, VA you should go to Koon’s CDJR. I bought my 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLR from them.
Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
... I don't know but if this happened to me and I already went all in on a Honda ... the last thing I would do is be on this forum bitching and complaining back-and-forth about a vehicle I don't even have any more ... my best advice for you my friend emotionally and mentally is to just move on ...

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Were in VA are you? If near Vienna, VA you should go to Koon’s CDJR. I bought my 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLR from them.
So how is their service department there? I’m about 45 mins away.

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
About 2 weeks ago driving down the road at 45 . She just died . Coasted to the side of road . Towed to the dealership. After troubleshooting the bcm replaced under warranty. 4 days later again driving down the road it died totally shut down . No power coasted to side to the dealership again. . The dealership let it sit in it's parking lot until the alarms killed the battery. I am done with jeep. Sold the jeep to a great honda dealership. Now have a honda.
Funny you went with Honda who is worse in terms of reliability than even jeep

Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
No truer words ever spoken Mike

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine had a wiring harness from the factory routed on the exhaust manifold. You can guess how that went. Additionally had a loose connector. Had service shifter message that kept getting worse and worse until it wouldn’t even start or recognize the key fob anymore. Basically until the harness finally went

Oh also the fender liner fell out on the highway with 50 miles and the windshield washer nozzles weren’t even hooked up when I took delivery.

I’m thankful to have a dealership with folks I know. Otherwise could see it being a nightmare. But this last ordeal certainly was frustrating!

Overall sharing experiences are good but as others have stated — there’s always vehicles with issues of any brand.
Sounds like yours might’ve been built later on a Friday afternoon 😂 Glad it all got worked out for you

Mike the mechanic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
mechanic
About 2 weeks ago driving down the road at 45 . She just died . Coasted to the side of road . Towed to the dealership. After troubleshooting the bcm replaced under warranty. 4 days later again driving down the road it died totally shut down . No power coasted to side to the dealership again. . The dealership let it sit in it's parking lot until the alarms killed the battery. I am done with jeep. Sold the jeep to a great honda dealership. Now have a honda.
I've worked at a Honda dealership for 25 years. They breakdown just like every other brand out there.

Stacked JT

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stingray JT Rubicon
You think. Go to a Honda dealership before service opens. There as many towed in as every other brand.
Let's be real here. There are millions more Hondas on the road. And jeep has been rated worst overall reliability. I love my Gladiator, but let's not pretend jeep doesn't have reliability issues

Cpt Adama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler XL
I don't get the terse negatives that people give here when someone is sharing their experience with a Jeep. Try to put yourself in their shoes instead of being a Jeep Fanboy and dismissing their experience just because you haven't had it. Yes we all know that other brands experience the same issues and have lemons, but to look down and berate them because they choose to leave the Jeep brand is childish. Everyone here knows the poor customer service Jeep has sown. The dealership is the face of Jeep to the customer and when Jeep doesn't step in immediately to fix an issue when the dealer is subpar, is just killing "Jeeps" reputation. For Jeep to tell the customer "to go to another dealership" is pathetic. I love my JK, but it has had many issues as well.

Sponsored

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I going to play devils advocate here and call BS on this. This reeks of a troll bigtime. Granted its possible that someone would consider a Honda in lieu of a gladiator I believe it to be too far fetched. When I was shopping for mine it was between it and a lightning. Honda wasnt even in my wheelhouse. I also frequent the wrangler forum (hey they have more updates and rigs are very similar) and the bronco nuts as well as other jeep haters are always stirring the pot over there. It was inevitable that theyd make their way over here eventually.

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I hope you have better luck with Honda than I did. My 82 accord was fine. 87 accord - devoured rotors (5 sets in less than 70 k miles) dealer told me not to bring it back again. I found the alloy wheel was not true after I had to start looking for the trouble myself. The pgm fi light came on at 35 k miles and they basiclly refused to fix it. 2000 Odysee - transmission failed at 14 k miles. 2006 Pilot, couldn't keep it out of the shop, in 6 months I put 6 k miles on loaner cars, more than my pilot.

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I going to play devils advocate here and call BS on this. This reeks of a troll bigtime. Granted its possible that someone would consider a Honda in lieu of a gladiator I believe it to be too far fetched. When I was shopping for mine it was between it and a lightning. Honda wasnt even in my wheelhouse. I also frequent the wrangler forum (hey they have more updates and rigs are very similar) and the bronco nuts as well as other jeep haters are always stirring the pot over there. It was inevitable that theyd make their way over here eventually.
good point, the vehicles are apples and oranges

Huntinjeep

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 CJ2A, 1972 Commando, 2002 TJ, 2005 TJ, 2019 JL
I can't wait till the Broncos come out so all of the people that have Jeeps because they are the thing to drive will sell there mall crawler and buy a Bronco because they are the new cool thing to own. True Jeep people love each one for a different reason, some are great to haul the kids around in and others are fun to collect and drive a few times a year and yet others are fun to drive over some of the craziest rocks, trails and what ever you can find. Where I live I see 50-100 Jeep wranglers a day and most are done how I would never do them but I am glad every Jeep is different other wise Jeep life would be boring. Every time I get in one of my Jeeps I get a crazy big grin on my face and makes me so happy enjoying life with Jeeps! Enjoy what ever you drive and drive it because you like it for one reason or another, and don't worry about what others drive.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
If i were you, i would have kept it for the 3rd occurrence for lemon law and get all your money back rather than selling it
I actually had a dealer tell me about the lemon law on the Cherokee Trailhawk after the cursed 9 speed issues with the failing retaining ring. Got all my money back, and a few hundred more. Bought a Sahara Unlimted 3 hours later. :)
Sponsored