Sponsored

Dealer said he could install factory heated seats? True?

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

bailer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have noticed that, why is that?! Especially here in our Snowy Provinces!!!
I got lucky, my dealer had one sitting with the full time 4wd, advanced safety, gorilla, LED, steel bumper, basically exactly what I wanted…. I took it as a sign and cancelled my TRX order which was likely never gonna arrive! On top of that he gave me 10% off the window sticker, which I promptly gave back to him in parts (also discounted 16%!!!)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I bought my '20 Rubicon used in July 2021 with 15,000 miles. Loving it so far though the horror stories here about the two batteries dying simultaneously and costing $900 gives me the willies! Anyway, What are all the features of "the convenient group"? I have heated seats and remote start but I don't know what else that includes?

It does NOT have the 110v outlet in the bed or the front facing camera - both of which I wish it had. It didn't haver bed rails but I've since ordered them from Amazon and installed them. No spray in bedliner either and Linex wanted $650!!! for it so I passed for now.
Are there other things I'm missing from fully optioned?
That's a good price with lifetime warranty. Convenience group comes with remote start and garage door opener.
The package that had the bed outlet also included lockable underseat storage.

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
In my experience, the salesman will make it sound like they can have anything you need installed on a car they have in stock to close the deal. It will seem like they’re going to add factory parts, but what you’ll get is an aftermarket add on. Either order what you want and wait, or have aftermarket equipment installed on your own

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience, the salesman will make it sound like they can have anything you need installed on a car they have in stock to close the deal. It will seem like they’re going to add factory parts, but what you’ll get is an aftermarket add on. Either order what you want and wait, or have aftermarket equipment installed on your own
You must have a crappy dealer/sales guy. Here, it's factory equipment if they tell you it will be.
The sales guy at one Jeep dealership even tells if he thinks you can do better with 3rd party parts.

Granted, some things are best "ordered that way" but to say that "it won't be factory parts no matter what they tell you" is just wrong.
Remember, they have to fix it if it breaks, and installing non-OEM parts without disclosure is illegal. If they say it's factory, they risk some hefty trouble legally if it's not.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I would not want the dealer tearing into my brand new seats even if the heaters were free. Don't even think of them adding a remote start. The factory electronics will be enough problems without the dealer adding to them. A dealer will promise anything to make the sale, it's business. I really don't trust the dealer to do the free oil changes as it gives them a chance to muck stuff up for later.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
The cold weather group also includes heated steering wheel (at least for 21 it did).

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That's a good price with lifetime warranty. Convenience group comes with remote start and garage door opener.
The package that had the bed outlet also included lockable underseat storage.
Damn, $650 seems ridiculous to me. I have the remote start and garage door opener in my sun visor though I haven't programmed it. I THINK I have the lockable rear undersea storage?? I need to look.
Sponsored