OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Depends on the dealer, work being done, lead time for the appointment, service contract, and how loud you bark if you don’t get your way. If all loaners are out, ask for a used vehicle to test drive and don’t bring it back until yours is ready….lol.
They said they literally don't have one single loaner for anyone.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Many states are restricting Dealer and Loaner plates. There's also the insurance and liability issues. That was done here many years ago. The dealers here now all have rental agencies in the lobby, or send you to one. The Jeep dealer I use puts in a rental order with the Enterprise up the street and then they send a shuttle to come get you.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
They'll call you an Uber/Lyft. When you make an appointment a month before, still no vehicle. Yeah, I get it, rental companies sold off 90% of their inventory during initial COVID shutdown, and just in time manufacturing with chip shortage on top of it now delaying new car builds. They're keeping any vehicle they have to sell it, at insane mark ups.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
So I worked for a dealer a few years back. It depends on the dealer principal. We had the demo/loaner program but it was scratched due to insurance/liability issues with are local insurance company. Til this day I believe that program still does not exist and demo’s because of the current new car environment has almost been wiped out entirely. I know my good friend who is a long time sales manager no longer has his demo.
Sponsored