Sponsored

Dear Jeep

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I sat in 1 for the first time at the auto show a few months back. Talk about an absolutely uncomfortable seating position. Not something I could drive much, let alone every day.
Sponsored

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I sat in 1 for the first time at the auto show a few months back. Talk about an absolutely uncomfortable seating position. Not something I could drive much, let alone every day.
I had one for a few months. Seats were uncomfortable due to angle. 2019 had no car play, an outdated JBLbhead and idk how they even call it a backseat. I’ve had full size trucks with tons of backseats but to call the taco a midsized truck. My kids were not comfortable. At least in the gladiator they can sit back there for a bit.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
It’s a Jeep Thing… you don’t understand 🤣

good luck with the Taco, I’ve had them and I hate them. Right now the funniest thing for me to do to the Yota lovers

Interstate steep grade climbs; me on 3.5” lift and 37’s them on 6”es of lift cut fenders and 33’s 🤔🤣. They try to pass….🤣 I accelerate to 80mph and … where did they go?
The Jeeps 8 speed auto and 4:10’s are absolutely magic! The 3.6 isn’t bad either!

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, RAM 1500, Chevy SS
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
Isn't that the truck that loses oil on steep incline then blows the engine? But its a much nicer mall crawler so you have that...
And no more Jeep wave for you either....

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
That's why I didn't buy one. I wanted it. But the seating position was extremely uncomfortable, and the one I drove was a TRDPro, and just didn't handle well. Yes, I think the Jeep handles better than the TRDPro. Shifting issues were of no concern for me because the TRDPro I drove and my JT are manual. It all came down to comfort and the handling. The Taco seemed to have more body roll.

Also, just way more space in the back seat in the JT.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Scary. I wonder what my dear jeep would sound like. 🧐

If I could put it in to a choreographed song I’d have Hammer Time do his jiggy jiggy and sing “you can’t drive this”. !

Last edited:

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Just wait. Enough time in the Taco front seat sitting like a sled with no hamstring support and he will go “ugh”. I looked at all the mid size trucks and my wife said the same thing I did…..yawn…whoppee another midsize truck….yawn. Then cam the Gladiator and there it was….sexy, unique, 4x4 convertible truck…SNAP! Sure it will have its problems. What doesnt? Hell my expensive BMW convertible top harness died before 30K, then there was the high pressure valve bust which left a repair bay at BMW filled with smoke!! HAHAHA. They let it idle too long fixing the convertible! Oddly our 90K FJ Cruiser has been rather sweet through her years. Only replaced struts and AC compressor. Oh and once the A Tract button got stuck. Then there was our tin can car Aero. Brakes were too small for car and had to get replaced more often than bread goes moldy!!!

Cars have problems. Things break. Things get fixed and the Gladiator will age with your family, loved. The Taco? He is going to regret that one when the new 2024 next gen Taco comes out!!!! bet he did not read about that! And it will probably have some of the problems the Tundra had with its next gen engine.

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
This is so lovely. ….
Go for a lady that drinks diesel.

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
Dear Jeep Gladiator,

It's not you, it's me. You are the most beautiful truck I've ever been with. I remember the first time I saw a picture of you, i was captivated. I'd heard that your top came off easily, but when I saw it for the first time In person, I was speechless. The way you held me tight as we played in the sand together, it just felt ... right. It felt like we were made for each other. Like I'd been waiting for you all of my life.

When you first started to ask for money for stuff to make you prettier I tried to tell you it wasn't necessary. But to be honest, you were right and i was wrong. With every expensive purchase we made you just got better and better. And my wallet got thinner and thinner.

And boy, could you drink. It started to become a problem, but i just looked past it. "It's ok" I thought to myself, "it's normal".

I started to hear stories about you. That you were unreliable, or "toxic."

" Not my jeep" i would say. " The others might me like that, but my truck is different!".

Then I heard the noise out of your engine between 3rd and 4th gear. I took you to the doc. They told me that it was normal. Nothing they could do. I thought I heard them snicker. " See you soon" the staff said as I left, bewildered.

Then came the transmission clunk. "Hey", i said. It's not supposed to be like this! What is wrong with you!?

You answered by breaking off the sunvisor as I was driving home at sunset. Just as i needed it most.

I asked around, and everyone just told me- the clicking, the ticking, the clunking the breaking, it's a "jeep thing". It's normal! Wait for a recall! Or a class action suit!

I told i wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford you and all your accessories and repairs. "get another job" you said. "work overtime, you bum! We're gonna be together for a long time".

Well I just can't do it. You see, I've never had a jeep before. I've always had Toyotas. They've always been reliable, trustworthy. But they've also been a bit boring.

So i went looking and, I'm sorry, but I've fallen for a Tacoma. She's not as beautiful as you, and her top doesn't come off at all. But she's good for me. And she takes me wherever you did too. We have a good time together and there is a whole lot less drama.

Look, it's not you. It's me. I just don't like the drama.

Thanks for the time we had! I hope you find someone else who's just for you. I really do mean that.

You are not bad, you are just bad for me.

Can we still be Friends?
You bought a Takoma and you live in the rust belt. Toyota now tells you they need to replace your frame. Ok! It's no charge but do you want everything taken off your truck and maybe reinstalled properly on the new frame?

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
First thing that came to mind when I saw the title of this post was the song ”Dear Penis”.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
No we can’t be friends anymore please delete your account and move on to a Tacoma forum