Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
My choices when I bought the JTR were Civic Type R (yes, I know totally different vehicle), Tacoma TRD Pro, JL, or wait for a Bronco. Then I saw the JT. And all the other choices disappeared. Coolest vehicle I've ever owned.
by far the best looking midsize truck
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well I Love mine and all it's perfect imperfections. I actually thought about a Taco and then I saw my Gator JT and it was love at first sight. If this thing blew a engine i would keep it and put a Hemi in it.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
“No matter what vehicle you buy, your gonna have to fix it” - my dad

A lesson I have learned.

JRWFarm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram Ecodiesel
Occupation
Farming
This was a great post. I just did the opposite with a 22 frontier, things happen.
I bought a 2022 Pro4X in November and I really liked it but I didn't just love it and the Gladiator got on my brain and wouldn't leave. I've had two Wrangler's in the past but wanted a mid-size truck. The Nissan had many more safety and luxury features and cost a lot less but it just didn't do it for me so I ordered a silver zynith Mojave at Gupton's ten days ago and traded. Nice to not be the only one ha!

The Nissan auto climate control was terrible

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Bravo, sir, that was hilarious. But…
Jeep Gladiator Dear Jeep 1647312007834

I have a feeling you’ll be back.

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
So a Teacher from Canada doesn't like the greatest American 4x4 ever made, yeah, like I give two shxts. Take a long ride in your toy buddy.

Outside Reality Check

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Toyota 4Runner LTD
Occupation
Surgical Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
Every man has journeyed that road, and to each his own decision to stay or move on is his alone. I hope you find happiness in the embrace of another. I too was a dedicated TACO man, but the siren song of the JTR captured my undying admiration; stronger now than ever before. When they turn on you after all your devotion and sacrifice it's hard not to be tempted by the fruit of another. Those old TACO memories come flooding back, and you wonder why you ever left. Via com dios Amigo, I hope you find your peace. See you on the trail.

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Jeep Gladiator,

It's not you, it's me. You are the most beautiful truck I've ever been with. I remember the first time I saw a picture of you, i was captivated. I'd heard that your top came off easily, but when I saw it for the first time In person, I was speechless. The way you held me tight as we played in the sand together, it just felt ... right. It felt like we were made for each other. Like I'd been waiting for you all of my life.

When you first started to ask for money for stuff to make you prettier I tried to tell you it wasn't necessary. But to be honest, you were right and i was wrong. With every expensive purchase we made you just got better and better. And my wallet got thinner and thinner.

And boy, could you drink. It started to become a problem, but i just looked past it. "It's ok" I thought to myself, "it's normal".

I started to hear stories about you. That you were unreliable, or "toxic."

" Not my jeep" i would say. " The others might me like that, but my truck is different!".

Then I heard the noise out of your engine between 3rd and 4th gear. I took you to the doc. They told me that it was normal. Nothing they could do. I thought I heard them snicker. " See you soon" the staff said as I left, bewildered.

Then came the transmission clunk. "Hey", i said. It's not supposed to be like this! What is wrong with you!?

You answered by breaking off the sunvisor as I was driving home at sunset. Just as i needed it most.

I asked around, and everyone just told me- the clicking, the ticking, the clunking the breaking, it's a "jeep thing". It's normal! Wait for a recall! Or a class action suit!

I told i wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford you and all your accessories and repairs. "get another job" you said. "work overtime, you bum! We're gonna be together for a long time".

Well I just can't do it. You see, I've never had a jeep before. I've always had Toyotas. They've always been reliable, trustworthy. But they've also been a bit boring.

So i went looking and, I'm sorry, but I've fallen for a Tacoma. She's not as beautiful as you, and her top doesn't come off at all. But she's good for me. And she takes me wherever you did too. We have a good time together and there is a whole lot less drama.

Look, it's not you. It's me. I just don't like the drama.

Thanks for the time we had! I hope you find someone else who's just for you. I really do mean that.

You are not bad, you are just bad for me.

Can we still be Friends?
Jeep Gladiator Dear Jeep 03C1C76D-F5B9-4813-912F-79A80A8DE650

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Reads like a failed relationship with a prostitute.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
I agree with the tranny issue with the Tacos. They're way reliable but the ride and the tranny shift is horrible. The #1 reason I got rid of it. I had a fully loaded to the hilt one too. You can barely feel the Jeep shift, the Taco is fairly confused when it comes to shifting.

That said ,they're reliable in a big way.
Sponsored