First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I love my granite crystal, it is a work truck so a more subtle color was best to keep it low key. That Sting grey is super popular but doesn't do anything for me, it always looks bland stock. When you start to add mods, especially military themed it does look great. And that grey would be the easiest to match paint on for touch ups or repairs if you plan on doing a lot off road then it makes sense.
As for the firecracker red, well those bright colors really make these Gladiators stand out! Like Blade said, that can be good or bad. They seem more fun. If I wasn't trying to fly under the radar a bit, I would have gone with a Hydro Blue or Punk'n.
Have the dealer park them next to each other and which ever one catches your eye, go with. You want your new truck to catch your own eye every morning in your driveway.
Good luck today!
Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Ok, no need for the, “It’s your car, you decide” blah blah blah comments. This is for fun and I’m just curious what people think and any real world owner comments. I’m signing tomorrow, but they have 3 options for me to choose from and I’m having trouble deciding. I’d be happy with all 3, but curious what everyone thinks. Here are the options.

Sting grey Sport S and I will put on Rubicon take-off wheels and tires.

Granite crystal Sport S and I will put on
Rubicon take-off wheels and tires.

Firecracker Red Willys Edition - this one is $27 more a month. And I’m not sure about the mud terrains. I may replace those.

All are optioned out the same.
Thanks!
Just make sure you get some version of grey. This world just doesn't have enough bland grey vehicles on the road. (Disclaimer: my current Cherokee is grey. All the vehicles in my subdivison are grey, silver, black or white).

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I love my granite crystal, it is a work truck so a more subtle color was best to keep it low key. That Sting grey is super popular but doesn't do anything for me, it always looks bland stock. When you start to add mods, especially military themed it does look great. And that grey would be the easiest to match paint on for touch ups or repairs if you plan on doing a lot off road then it makes sense.
As for the firecracker red, well those bright colors really make these Gladiators stand out! Like Blade said, that can be good or bad. They seem more fun. If I wasn't trying to fly under the radar a bit, I would have gone with a Hydro Blue or Punk'n.
Have the dealer park them next to each other and which ever one catches your eye, go with. You want your new truck to catch your own eye every morning in your driveway.
Good luck today!
Thanks AmishMike!

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just make sure you get some version of grey. This world just doesn't have enough bland grey vehicles on the road. (Disclaimer: my current Cherokee is grey. All the vehicles in my subdivison are grey, silver, black or white).
I’m picking up the sarcasm! And I’m with you actually. I tell my wife that same thing. The sting grey isn’t a grey you typically see though and looks different colors depending on time of day. I’m not a flashy guy so I’m not sure I’d be happy driving the bright red Willys with the shiny rims and glossy black grill. I like the matte grey, grey Rubi rims and I’ll add some pops of red myself. I answered my own question!

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I see no value in a Willys edition. I also see no value in an Overland. Either Sport or Rubicon or Mojave. That’s it. The others are just lipstick on a Sport.

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
If you want to add color accents to personalize the appearence like how the Rubicon's have red accents, sting grey will go with virtually any color accent.

Last edited:

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Ok, no need for the, “It’s your car, you decide” blah blah blah comments. This is for fun and I’m just curious what people think and any real world owner comments. I’m signing tomorrow, but they have 3 options for me to choose from and I’m having trouble deciding. I’d be happy with all 3, but curious what everyone thinks. Here are the options.

Firecracker Red Willys Edition - this one is $27 more a month. And I’m not sure about the mud terrains. I may replace those.

Thanks!
I picked up my granite sport s last Monday and love it. The color really pops in the sun without being too out there or aggressive.

Ksagaser

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Sting Gray was my third choice, but after having my Maxtow for 6 months now I would say that it’s my first choice if I would buy again. Shows much darker unless in full sun. Doesn’t get old walking up to you truck in full sun.

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I'm not one for liking to draw attention colors the firecracker red Willis will cost you $1600-2000 extra, and said to have 18in rims so is this for mainly road use and a 2021? Yellow, red draws a lot of attention and can be seen quite a long way off this can be good too. For me that's 3 strikes against it. Stingray looks ok to me and granite the same. I'm of the less is more crowd. Both of the latter don't show up as dirty like red would so I'd go with Stingray I guess.
You're right about Red drawing a lot of attention. I knew I didn't want to get black since IMO, they show dirt too easily. My wife talked me into Red and after 3 months, I'm still not used to all the attention that it draws. I used to hate it since I'm a really low key guy but it's forced me to get out of my comfort zone and stop being so uptight. My wife just bought my some $200 sunglasses so I'm really feeling myself now lol.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
The Firecracker Red does draw lots of attention.. I wanted sting grey, white, gobi or gator.. But when I bought I found a Red comparably equipped about 7k cheaper then any of the other colors mentioned. So I went with red. It has grown on me & to do again I would of probably bought red again even if the prices were equal. I get lots of comments about it & lots of random people yelling nice truck at it.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I wanted a hydro blue jeep before I even thought about buying a Gladiator. My story is similar or @bastage on pricing. Dealer had a Rubicon in FC red on the lot at a price and options that I wanted. I had only seen it in pictures before and the color in person was so much better.

I do really like the Granite Crystal color. I’m not much of a grey car person but that color is nice and can be paired with so many colors!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm jaded after having to blend in and or wearing camouflage so many years. :like: so Brite and flashy stuff is odd to me.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I see no value in a Willys edition. I also see no value in an Overland. Either Sport or Rubicon or Mojave. That’s it. The others are just lipstick on a Sport.
Phooey!

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach

Thanks!
Grey is cliche (but eye catching) - especially with Mojave trim.

Red is everywhere.

Crystal Granite Grey is beautiful, but hard to create an aesthetic with.

White is, ironically, a canvas.

Punkin is courageous.

Financially, the Willys trim doesn’t make sense (it’s like Android bloat ware) because of what you will probably do once it’s off the lot. It’s also a wildcard choice for the dealership to distract you.

This reads like you should demand an Overland trim package and a look at the invoice.
Sponsored

Last edited: