First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Occupation
IT Nerd
Thank you @ralphjjr, @boardthis74 and @theDECKEDguy for your responses. This forum is awesome with how helpful and excited about this stuff everybody is.

My plan definitely includes Decked and probably Leitner. Iā€™ll probably still get the trail management package, but just maybe wonā€™t use the plug. I dunno, Iā€™ve still got time to think on it.

Ultimately Iā€™d like a soft zippered canopy to cover the Leitner rack, but Iā€™m not sure the juice is worth the squeeze in getting something custom made. My power management and gadget plans donā€™t currently include anything that absolutely needs 110V, but I definitely like that it was a factory option.

Sorry, last question I guess. How much room is there between the outlet and anything that would interfere with it opening (ammo can probably?) Iā€™m wondering if some sort of custom water proof box could be built around it with a pigtail coming out in front like has been discussed already. Iā€™m thinking like an exterior house outlet, but not that bulky or ugly.
It's pretty tight back there. Looks like you might have about 2" Would be really cool if we could just move that plug into the ammo-can. Problem solved. Maybe if Decked sells enough of these, they might come out with a dedicated Gladiator ammo can with the receptacle or a spot to move our bed receptacle to.

IMG_20190807_090807.jpg

IMG_20190807_090953.jpg

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Thank you @ralphjjr, @boardthis74 and @theDECKEDguy for your responses. This forum is awesome with how helpful and excited about this stuff everybody is.

My plan definitely includes Decked and probably Leitner. Iā€™ll probably still get the trail management package, but just maybe wonā€™t use the plug. I dunno, Iā€™ve still got time to think on it.

Ultimately Iā€™d like a soft zippered canopy to cover the Leitner rack, but Iā€™m not sure the juice is worth the squeeze in getting something custom made. My power management and gadget plans donā€™t currently include anything that absolutely needs 110V, but I definitely like that it was a factory option.

Sorry, last question I guess. How much room is there between the outlet and anything that would interfere with it opening (ammo can probably?) Iā€™m wondering if some sort of custom water proof box could be built around it with a pigtail coming out in front like has been discussed already. Iā€™m thinking like an exterior house outlet, but not that bulky or ugly.
Here are a couple of more specs. I'm sure that there is somebody out there that has one in real life, that could probably give you the info that you are looking for.
image002.png
image003.png

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜00 LR Disco II, ā€˜17 Toyota Sienna
It's pretty tight back there. Looks like you might have about 2" Would be really cool if we could just move that plug into the ammo-can. Problem solved. Maybe if Decked sells enough of these, they might come out with a dedicated Gladiator ammo can with the receptacle or a spot to move our bed receptacle to.
]
Awesome, thank you so much.

I agree. Iā€™m sure the guys at Decked would love to support all our desires, I just wonder what the impact on design and production would be.

Hereā€™s to hoping! Otherwise, I bet a cover could be made to work with that space. Something with a thick rubber grommet like at the firewall to keep moisture and dirt out of the socket. Then itā€™s just a matter of keeping the pigtail clean and dry.

Sponsored

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Awesome, thank you so much.

I agree. Iā€™m sure the guys at Decked would love to support all our desires, I just wonder what the impact on design and production would be.

Hereā€™s to hoping! Otherwise, I bet a cover could be made to work with that space. Something with a thick rubber grommet like at the firewall to keep moisture and dirt out of the socket. Then itā€™s just a matter of keeping the pigtail clean and dry.
You are right. We are always trying to please our customers and accommodate each make and model. We will continue to improve our products in ways that make sense. Thank you for your suggestions, I promise that our engineers are aware of this issue and looking for ways to make it work.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I have a Decked and at firs I was very excited about it, then I was disappointed in it because it is so small, and then I found a bright side and started to kinda like it again but now I am going to remove it from my Gladiator. I had decided that even though it was too small to carry anything significant, not even a carry on size suitcase, I would have a nice dry and secure area for my guns while hunting. I took my son squirrel hunting on Monday and I was very disappointed to learn that there is so much wasted space that my shotguns will not fit in the drawers! To me the Decked system has lost all value.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I really like that this runs a cover over the bed below the bed rails so you can mount the crossbars. With only 8.5" height in the drawers I am curious if this is actually working out for folks who have this system. I could not fit a full face helmet or my kids back packs or like any sort of luggage into the drawers and I worry i will be just annoyed that I can't put anything in the bed anymore except for small tools. Even loading groceries does not seem practical.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.