First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
The Decked platform size in a Power Wagon is about 74" Deep by 70" wide and 12" tall. This shit-hits-the-fan kit all fits in one drawer with mud chains in each corner pocket. I can get two bikes in the back (but I actually use a hitch bike rack) or multiple coolers and camp gear for 2-4 days for 2-4 people and two large dogs.

I'm going to loose 35-40% of the decked capacity switching to my Gladicon. Thus I bet two bikes will be a challenge in the Gladiator with Decked and a hard shell. I will pair my kit back some but I think the decked in the gladiator is still likely to help my overland recovery gear setup. But based on what is being stated I am going to have to mod this thing to enable use of my outlet though. Kind of a drag considering all the hype in the Overland Wayout with integrated margarita setup...

My tentative plan is to mount this old decked system on my overland trailer and make it my cook center or possibly use it as a tent platform.

Due to this thread, Decked provided me new drawer locks and both blue boxes as they indicated they would. These Decked boxes look quite functional and high quality. Not quite bear proof but not far off that mark either. I would say they are worth the money. I would likely get another.

SHTF kit.jpeg

Packed Drawers.jpeg

Decked Boxes.jpeg
Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
The Decked platform size in a Power Wagon is about 74" Deep by 70" wide and 12" tall. This shit-hits-the-fan kit all fits in one drawer with mud chains in each corner pocket. I can get two bikes in the back (but I actually use a hitch bike rack) or multiple coolers and camp gear for 2-4 days for 2-4 people and two large dogs.

I'm going to loose 35-40% of the decked capacity switching to my Gladicon. Thus I bet two bikes will be a challenge in the Gladiator with Decked and a hard shell. I will pair my kit back some but I think the decked in the gladiator is still likely to help my overland recovery gear setup. But based on what is being stated I am going to have to mod this thing to enable use of my outlet though. Kind of a drag considering all the hype in the Overland Wayout with integrated margarita setup...

My tentative plan is to mount this old decked system on my overland trailer and make it my cook center or possibly use it as a tent platform.

Due to this thread, Decked provided me new drawer locks and both blue boxes as they indicated they would. These Decked boxes look quite functional and high quality. Not quite bear proof but not far off that mark either. I would say they are worth the money. I would likely get another.

SHTF kit.jpeg

Packed Drawers.jpeg

Decked Boxes.jpeg
Hey that is pretty great. Quick question. How much distance do you have from the decked top to the bottom of your canopy? I guess I'm saying the height inside. Just curious how much space is actually in there.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

SHTF kit.jpeg

Packed Drawers.jpeg

Decked Boxes.jpeg
what's the black pipe for on top of the topper? hauling long stuff?

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
what's the black pipe for on top of the topper? hauling long stuff?
It is a homemade rack I put on top using some left over 3/4" black pipe. More or less a failed experiment in an attempt to not take my trailer on an elk hunt a few years ago. I wasted way more time and effort trying to get more capacity than it was worth compared to using the trailer. Getting stuff up and tied down is a major hassle at that height so it is essentially useless. I do use the bars occasionally to help anchor tarps and things so I have just left them on.

Sponsored

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Unless they make a change to the design, the "ammo can" will likely block access to the outlet.
We had the same issue with the Tacoma. We have seen a few different solutions, some more complex than others. While we don't recommend cutting into the ammo can, it certainly has been done. Our suggestion would be to purchase a short flat head pigtail for the outlet and install it prior to installing your DECKED system. This way, you do not need to compromise the integrity of the ammo can, and you still have access to you power source.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
We had the same issue with the Tacoma. We have seen a few different solutions, some more complex than others. While we don't recommend cutting into the ammo can, it certainly has been done. Our suggestion would be to purchase a short flat head pigtail for the outlet and install it prior to installing your DECKED system. This way, you do not need to compromise the integrity of the ammo can, and you still have access to you power source.
Is there a chance when you design it for the gladiator that you could put a flap or something in the ammo can to accommodate this? If not, what kind of flat extension do you recommend?

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Is there a chance when you design it for the gladiator that you could put a flap or something in the ammo can to accommodate this? If not, what kind of flat extension do you recommend?
We will not be putting any sort of flap or hole in the DECKED ammo can to accommodate the power outlet. As I said, that is not to say that you cannot, however you would be compromising the integrity of the can. Not saying that it would be an issue, but I would suggest purchasing a pigtail. You can google "flat head pigtail" and you will see lots of options. All depends on the length and weather resistance.

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Occupation
IT Nerd
Ordered, but I'm moving next week, so had to have them hold shipping till Monday and send to my new address in NC. Can't wait to get it in there.

Sponsored

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Nerd
Almost glad tonneau covers have been dragging their feet as I'm curious if I'll even want one once this guy is in the bed. Not like much can be put between the top of decked to the bottom of the tonneau. Maybe just permanently mount the thule mopar cross rack thing like this.
mopar-82215631-truck-bed-trail-rail-cross-bars-jeep-gladiator-jt-installed-zoom.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Almost glad tonneau covers have been dragging their feet as I'm curious if I'll even want one once this guy is in the bed. Not like much can be put between the top of decked to the bottom of the tonneau. Maybe just permanently mount the thule mopar cross rack thing like this.
mopar-82215631-truck-bed-trail-rail-cross-bars-jeep-gladiator-jt-installed-zoom.jpg
decked soaks up 12" of the 17.5" vertical bed space. The cover wouldn't cover much; however, there are some options for cross bars that work with diamondback cover or some retractable covers.

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Nerd
Finally got mine in. A few of the threaded inserts spun though which is a little unnerving. Also, was kinda hoping this would be a 'fairly' easy remove in case I ever needed a bed, but after installing, I think this is pretty much a bed killer. Definitely glad I never bought a tonneau cover as that would be completely useless here, except to weather proof the weather resistant drawers. Time to find those mopar/thule crossbars.

MVIMG_20190724_091829.jpg

MVIMG_20190724_091839.jpg

MVIMG_20190724_091855.jpg

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Nerd
Public Service Announcement. If you plan on using your bed plug, install the mentioned pigtail BEFORE installing the decked system. Doing after required some redneck engineering to keep from disassembling everything and some busted knuckles. But I got it in there and it works just fine.

The plug I ended up using are these which are nice since the plug rotates.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NRZYK2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_F.1rDbA0TW6ZD

IMG_20190804_182629.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.