First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Gladiator on order
Occupation
Mechanic
I called up Peterson and talked with Kent- He seemed really cool, but I'm wondering about the deal I received. Seems pretty high when I calculated it (MSRP 63,655 Deal- 55,625 plus tax, title doc etc). What do you guys think?
See the image for build. (Diesel Rubicon)

Seems like many are getting better deals, and not having to travel as far (I'm in Los Angeles). I do have a 1000 deposit but wondering if it's worth it seeing as people received % off invoice and such.
Jeep Gladiator Did I just make a Mistake? Glatiator
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Who is getting more than 12% off on a diesel?

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I called up Peterson and talked with Kent- He seemed really cool, but I'm wondering about the deal I received. Seems pretty high when I calculated it (MSRP 63,655 Deal- 55,625 plus tax, title doc etc). What do you guys think?

Seems like many are getting better deals, and not having to travel as far (I'm in Los Angeles). I do have a 1000 deposit but wondering if it's worth it seeing as people received % off invoice and such.
If I did my math right, which is usually is you got just over 15% off a 2021 model year which is better than people were getting on 2020 JTs this time last year. I'd say that's good and maybe try to get the doc fee waived because that shits just a dealership money grab.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
15% off on a MY that hasn't been built seems a lot to me from the JL side.

Doc fees are the paperwork they do to process the sale and varies by state, is required to be broken out by some states, max set by some states - $75 in New York and not in others - FL dealers charge up to $900, and used to be hidden in the final price but is now broken out. Want them to put it back in their price so you don't know what they charge?

OP
OP
Andtros

Andtros

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks Guys- I'll be flying out and enjoying my Firecracker Red Jeep in about 12 weeks ;)

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

It's normal behavior to question major decisions, or attempt to find reasons to justify questionable decisions.

Considering what you ordered, I think you got a good deal. The important thing is whether or not you're happy with the results.

OP
OP
Andtros

Andtros

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
It's normal behavior to question major decisions, or attempt to find reasons to justify questionable decisions.

Considering what you ordered, I think you got a good deal. The important thing is whether or not you're happy with the results.
I am grateful for the replies.

Bill- I think you hit the nail on the head - It's the decision for a significant cost.

I've had my current Jeep for almost 20 years- love it, but it's time to move on and close that chapter in my life.

I wish I could comment if I'm happy with the results, the jury's still out till I test the Jeep in the environment I will be using it in. The act of buying isn't a great feeling to me (payments suck and am never sure I received the best deal). Judging from the comments, it seems I did ok, which is fine by me.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I am grateful for the replies.

Bill- I think you hit the nail on the head - It's the decision for a significant cost.

I've had my current Jeep for almost 20 years- love it, but it's time to move on and close that chapter in my life.

I wish I could comment if I'm happy with the results, the jury's still out till I test the Jeep in the environment I will be using it in. The act of buying isn't a great feeling to me (payments suck and am never sure I received the best deal). Judging from the comments, it seems I did ok, which is fine by me.

You can’t beat Kent’s pricing. I know him and I trust him

Did he really say 90 days?

DanHillAK

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 92 BMW M5 Touring, 2017 Volvo XC90
Doesn't seem bad for a diesel....take that out of the equation, you got a loaded up Rubicon for around $50k, which is about right in the current market.

90 days tho?!?!?! That's a quick timeline seeing as factories just opened back up in mid June. Hope it comes in so you can tell us about the diesel!!!!!

OP
OP
Andtros

Andtros

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
You can't beat Kent's pricing. I know him and I trust him

Did he really say 90 days?
Yep possibly sooner, he said- I actually wouldn't mind it being pushed a bit, as that allows me for a higher downpayment.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
How are there multiple adults who looked at that and said, "yeah, that's how guaranteed should be spelled???"

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
How are there multiple adults who looked at that and said, "yeah, that's how guaranteed should be spelled???"
I gave up on trying to correct people's spelling a long time ago. I didn't even read the attached sheet, and had to go search for what you were talking about.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Spellin korrectly is fir Toyoder guys, how komes no won noteiced he is gettin 3.5 gallons of diesel free and also four gallons of gas.....oh boy!

I think you got a good deal on a very well equipped jeep, I also am waiting 8-12 weeks for a Mojave ordered a couple days ago., you did a whole lot better then me, now I won't be sleeping nights! Thanks!...Jack

OP
OP
Andtros

Andtros

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Am I going to correct them when they seem cool, me giving me a deal? I'm good with any way they spell it as long as the VIN is correct and the deal is true.
Sponsored