Sponsored

Diesel auxiliary battery shots, placement & removal.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
The big chicken got out the voltmeter and everything checked out as it should so I hooked it up and all is good!

I would swap the batteries so the Aux is on the other side, if the cables allow. I would want the largest gap possible between the terminals and the firewall.
I hear you.
There's a nice plastic chase between the terminal and firewall and the battery is still bolted to the battery box. I would have to modify the aux battery wiring and as it sits appears to be a tidy solution.

The Falcon is happy sticking his nose where it don't belong.

Jeep Gladiator Diesel auxiliary battery shots, placement & removal. 20220201_212556

20220201_213347.jpg

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
This is the ESS battery, not a auxiliary battery for accessories. Its primary purpose is to keep the computers stable during ESS events. Trying to relocate it can have unknown consequences. If you want a true auxiliary battery, mount one and connect it using a Smart Isolator. There is space for a battery box on the frame behind the right rear wheel.
Jeep refers to it as both the ESS and the aux battery. During an ESS event, the batteries are separated by the battery relay, the ESS/aux battery powers the system electronics and the main battery powers the engine electrical systems. You can remove the ESS/aux battery by bypassing/disabling the battery relay and powering the system electronics from the main battery.
Here's one of many discussions from the wrangler forums. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-aux-battery-bypass.17293/post-423590

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
The big chicken got out the voltmeter and everything checked out as it should so I hooked it up and all is good!

I hear you.
There's a nice plastic chase between the terminal and firewall and the battery is still bolted to the battery box. I would have to modify the aux battery wiring and as it sits appears to be a tidy solution.

The Falcon is happy sticking his nose where it don't belong.

Jeep Gladiator Diesel auxiliary battery shots, placement & removal. 20220201_213347

Jeep Gladiator Diesel auxiliary battery shots, placement & removal. 20220201_213347
Have you had any issues with this set up?