First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
Owner of C&G Holsters
I'm new to the diesel part but not to Jeeps.

Is there an upgrade available yet? Is it worth it from a performance standpoint? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
No and no. There's been people who cut off the muffle and there is no difference in sound. Considering everything before the muffler can't be removed without deleting the emissions system, there is no way currently to put a full exhaust on it. Yet.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Start saving now because when something does come out it will not be cheap. It will probably come just after someone like Green Diesel Engineering GDE comes out with some tunes and EGR deletes.

JTRdiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Start saving now because when something does come out it will not be cheap. It will probably come just after someone like Green Diesel Engineering GDE comes out with some tunes and EGR deletes.
With the way the EPA is the US no tuner is gunna touch emissions

Sponsored

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
False. They already do for the ram so there's no reason why they wont for the jeeps.
Not for the 3rd gen diesel ... not yet at least.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
There is no U.S. company that does or will write a tune for the Gen 3 EcoDiesel unless it's a "legal" tune, i.e. EGR, DPF, and SCR are remaining and active. The EPA has gotten ridiculous about this. They'll drop the hammer.

There IS a Canadian company who is currently testing tunes that allow the EGR to be shut off and also will allow the exhaust system to be removed and replaced with a proper muffler and pipe.

Unless you buy a "delete" tune, it would be a waste of time to alter the exhaust system in any way. You won't be able to touch anything upstream of the rear axle, which means you'll pick up zero sound or performance or reliability gain.

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
cant wait untill they come out with a full exhaust for the jeep,cause theres already a Dpf delete for the gladiator on the Hp tuners platform,just waiting for the egr delete block off plate kits to come out :D

Granitelvr

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Not sure on the EPA verbiage, but back in the day when I was deleting my VW TDI, it was always stated it was for off road use only. Anybody know if that is still the case? I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole yet, as I am still under warranty and am still getting used to the truck in general.
Sponsored