Sponsored

DIESEL ONLY: How long has your fuel pump lasted?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
i had a chat with a engineer that works at one of the big US diesel motor mfr's. Over taco's he implied bosch QC is something to be desired... which i am sure is not helping in this situation.

His go to motor was BBC for daily use...... if that tells you anything about where we are going and how much mfr's are screwing up diesel designs to meet EPA.

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
I'm still wondering what is different about the late-2022 and 2023 models that they are not in the recall. The pump appears to be the same on the outside. What, if anything, is different to make it hold up better with US diesel? If they had solved the problem already they'd have said something already and we would have have heard it. I was reading in one of the recall threads people speculating that the recall is a software change. I'm not sure how that adds lubrication to the fuel or hardens the pump. Either they heard wrong or it is some kind of magic.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I don’t think an improved pump has been released yet or they would put the current pumps in for the recall.

OP
OP
alpineovernappa

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
I'm still wondering what is different about the late-2022 and 2023 models that they are not in the recall. The pump appears to be the same on the outside. What, if anything, is different to make it hold up better with US diesel? If they had solved the problem already they'd have said something already and we would have have heard it. I was reading in one of the recall threads people speculating that the recall is a software change. I'm not sure how that adds lubrication to the fuel or hardens the pump. Either they heard wrong or it is some kind of magic.
Dealerships are prohibited from selling new cars with open recalls. The '22 and '23 have the same exact issues, they just won't add them to the recall list until there aren't any brand new ones left unsold. If there was a fix available, this wouldn't be an issue. Because there is no fix yet, they don't want that inventory to sit with an indefinite stop-sale. Used cars can be sold with open recalls (in most states) in the USA but new cannot be sold with open recalls.
Sponsored