Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man it sucks this is actually the first time we have gotten it too. Been lucky as hell the past couple years. Are the clear coats a must? I ordered their fad w/ zinc coating yesterday as well as their lower control arm skids since they have a sale for king of the hammers. Did you paint the other two small brackets that attaches the two pieces together? I was gonna leave those and the small spacer for the stock diff cover how they are.
I painted everything. The spacer, all the brackets, etc. Iā€™m sure the clear isnā€™t important. I was trying to get the silver to pop. The only think I didnā€™t paint were the bolts. I was interested in their LCA skids, but have rock hard skids already, and didnā€™t want to weld them on. Iā€™m expecting to need to do some significant modifications to that passenger rock hard LCA skid to fit the fad skid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I painted everything. The spacer, all the brackets, etc. Iā€™m sure the clear isnā€™t important. I was trying to get the silver to pop. The only think I didnā€™t paint were the bolts. I was interested in their LCA skids, but have rock hard skids already, and didnā€™t want to weld them on. Iā€™m expecting to need to do some significant modifications to that passenger rock hard LCA skid to fit the fad skid.
Sounds good, look like you just gave me something else to do haha

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, look like you just gave me something else to do haha
I didnā€™t want raw steel brackets and spacers to start the corrosion.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Then I was thinking of doing a coat of this high heat ceramic as the final. What do you think?
Don't bother. That "high heat ceramic coating" is just a paint that can withstand very high temperature. I've used it before, and for non high temperature applications it is not as tough / durable as the regular enamel stuff.

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Don't bother. That "high heat ceramic coating" is just a paint that can withstand very high temperature. I've used it before, and for non high temperature applications it is not as tough / durable as the regular enamel stuff.
Sounds good, Iā€™ll prob just do a 4th of the stuff I already posted and call it a day. Iā€™ve seen some mixed reviews of that stuff, same with the vhf.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Sounds good, Iā€™ll prob just do a 4th of the stuff I already posted and call it a day. Iā€™ve seen some mixed reviews of that stuff, same with the vhf.
More coats of paint isn't necessarily better. I find the Rustoleum spray paints to be more susceptible to chips if you put on too many coats. When I use the Rustoleum spray paints on bare metal, I do a coat of primer followed by a light coat of color and then a medium wet coat as the final coat.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
On my rock rails. I have them LineX. and use a rattle can bed liner spray for touch up. Thinking of doing the rattle can bed liner spray for the skids when I get them.

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
[
On my rock rails. I have them LineX. and use a rattle can bed liner spray for touch up. Thinking of doing the rattle can bed liner spray for the skids when I get them.
Wonder how durable that line x would hold up on it. How does it hold up on your rock rails?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
[

Wonder how durable that line x would hold up on it. How does it hold up on your rock rails?
I peeled it pretty good at Rausch Creek. I used the rattle can spray bed liner for touch up. I knew that I was going to peel it at some time. It happened on my first offroading trip. Next time out. It will be sitting on Clayton 2.5" diesel springs.

Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? 1676773325540

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I peeled it pretty good at Rausch Creek. I used the rattle can spray bed liner for touch up. I knew that I was going to peel it at some time. It happened on my first offroading trip. Next time out. It will be sitting on Clayton 2.5" diesel springs.

Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? 1676773325540
Yeah you tore those up good lol. Next time you hit up rausch let me know! Iā€™d be happy to tag along if you need another vehicle. Iā€™m bout two hours away in MD. I signed up for the krawlin for cops event in June, but I would love to go sooner.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Yeah you tore those up good lol. Next time you hit up rausch let me know! Iā€™d be happy to tag along if you need another vehicle. Iā€™m bout two hours away in MD. I signed up for the krawlin for cops event in June, but I would love to go sooner.
I always go out every June with the Power Wagon guys, as I'm still part of that group. I'm an OG. We welcome anyone. Some years, I get out there maybe 3 times.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
FYI, anyone with a 2021 check your front axle before you order your metal cloak cover/skid. Jeep was playing games in the first part of the production cycle. If you have the axle with the drain plug directly underneath, you need to order the 2018-2020 front skid. If the Drain is not on the bottom then the 21+ cover.

Lucky me I got a 21 EcoD with a 2020 front axle.... Metal Cloak knows about this and sent me the correct skid plate once i called them and told them my skid didn't fit.
Sponsored