Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Summitdan of course the damn discount code won’t work when I type it in now…… I guess I’ll call Monday and see if they’ll honor the price. I took a screen shot of it as proof. I’ll try again later as well.
They are really nice people. I’ve wheeled with them and have been at the shop multiple times. I’ll continue to do business with them forever I’d expect. I’d expect them to be really cool.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
One or the other? Skids for sure are better protection and with them don't really need new covers as you won't be impacting them.

The motobilt covers are basically carbon copies of the next venture but with an M instead of an eagle, so if you want to save money go motobilt.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Anything is possible, but I’ve driven the diff straight into boulders that stop forward motion. So far they done their job.
I hate that sudden stop. And wonder why the air bags didn't go off.

I wanted NV skids last year before my trip to Rausch Creek. Couldn't get them in time. So I went with the Dana cast iron covers.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Damn, I knew I should not have opened this thread! With the 15% discount paying for more than the shipping I could not pass it up, so I have their skidplate incoming. Thanks for all of the info and feedback in this thread.

Just an FYI but the Military Discount shows as 15% on the website, but when entered in the shopping cart it comes up as 10%, so the 'yearend' discount is better (and worked smoothly)

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
i did the rancho diff gliders. Had them on my JKUR and liked them. So i did the same on the Bumble
Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? Front Glide plate 1
Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? Front Glide plate 2
Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? Rear glide plate 1
Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? Rear glide plate 2

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Damn, I knew I should not have opened this thread! With the 15% discount paying for more than the shipping I could not pass it up, so I have their skidplate incoming. Thanks for all of the info and feedback in this thread.

Just an FYI but the Military Discount shows as 15% on the website, but when entered in the shopping cart it comes up as 10%, so the 'yearend' discount is better (and worked smoothly)
I emailed them and they responded real quick. They sent me a new ticket. And I got my order in right at 11:59 before the code expired. Was at a work holiday party and completely forgot.

Reactions: mog

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
i did the rancho diff gliders. Had them on my JKUR and liked them. So i did the same on the Bumble
I have them too. They scratch up but I use Rustoleum red paint to touch up.

RockJeep98

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Support Manager
One or the other? Skids for sure are better protection and with them don't really need new covers as you won't be impacting them.

The motobilt covers are basically carbon copies of the next venture but with an M instead of an eagle, so if you want to save money go motobilt.
Motobilt definitely made their diff covers before NV so they are for sure not copies. I hope you were just trying to imply the similarity.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Motobilt definitely made their diff covers before NV so they are for sure not copies. I hope you were just trying to imply the similarity.
For the record I went motobilt because I got the set on Black Friday for 170 shipped.
At the end of the day one has an M and the other an Eagle, beyond that they're just copies of one another and functionally identical as far as the fitment for skids goes.

Who was first? Who cares, they're diff skids and anyone looking should go motobilt for a similar product at less than half the price.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I went full Metalcloak diff. covers and skids, and I am glad I did. They are super tough. These are early pics, and the skids are much more scraped up now, the covers are still clean..., --- and I killed that rear driveshaft in the pic -- scraped it all up, killed the boot, and knocked off all the balanceweights on it when I got jammed up on some boulders... All in good fun !

Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? hZ9nZW

Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? aiX4rM

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
@Summitdan
I finally got the next venture skid in yesterday. It hasn’t been getting above 50 here. My family and I just got hit with Covid two days ago so I’ve been stuck in the house. So this skid is at least giving me something to do. I started spraying it out back then just moving it into my basement to dry properly. I just put on a second coat. I’ll prob do a third coat of this paint/primer rustoleum. Then I was thinking of doing a coat of this high heat ceramic as the final. What do you think?

Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? 5A8638F5-ACE2-4BEF-9708-569DD8EE7D43

Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? B8A63D8B-E6CB-47CC-9E73-A3B82E96A80A

Jeep Gladiator Diff cover or diff skid? BB65E49D-FD21-482F-B44C-FA23EDABB78A

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Summitdan
I finally got the next venture skid in yesterday. It hasn’t been getting give above 50 here. My family and I just got hit with Covid two days ago so I’ve been stuck in the house. So this skid is at least giving me something to do. I started spraying it out back then just moving it into my basement to dry properly. I just put on a second coat. I’ll prob do a third coat of this paint/primer rustoleum. Then I was thinking of doing a coat of this high heat ceramic as the final. What do you think?

Sorry you and your family are stuck home with Covid. It’s tough to avoid. You’re smarter than me in that you’re using black. I did three primer coats and then mopar billet silver, then clear coats. But they’re scratched to hell. I need to just sand them and switch to black chassis paint. Yours look great.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry you and your family are stuck home with Covid. It’s tough to avoid. You’re smarter than me in that you’re using black. I did three primer coats and then mopar billet silver, then clear coats. But they’re scratched to hell. I need to just sand them and switch to black chassis paint. Yours look great.
Or I might remove them and have them zinc coated. I ordered their new FAD skid zinc coated, and it looks amazing. I’m going to leave it that way I think.

38BD8773-6CC1-46A0-B5D4-398A2D8E891C.jpeg

14663D2A-5244-444F-8E75-BB99B854CA9D.jpeg

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Or I might remove them and have them zinc coated. I ordered their new FAD skid zinc coated, and it looks amazing. I’m going to leave it that way I think.
Yeah man it sucks this is actually the first time we have gotten it too. Been lucky as hell the past couple years. Are the clear coats a must? I ordered their fad w/ zinc coating yesterday as well as their lower control arm skids since they have a sale for king of the hammers. Did you paint the other two small brackets that attaches the two pieces together? I was gonna leave those and the small spacer for the stock diff cover how they are.
Sponsored