First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I’m glad you were just pulling our chain..

I was going to have to drive down there and revoke your Man Card!
Good one! I should lose the man card and more had I bought a Ridgeline.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
@steffen707 , I was going to nominate trauma Pennsylvanian over here for a plywoodie award for cooking some of us, well done.

But upon further research, I believe it could be problems. He may actually have revealed an issue as large as delamination, potentially. (See earlier threads on the topic here).

Is it possibly true that JT has a competitor?

lifted-honda-ridgeline-2.jpg

th (43).jpeg

SeZnh.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@steffen707 , I was going to nominate trauma Pennsylvanian over here for a plywoodie award for cooking some of us, well done.

But upon further research, I believe it could be problems. He may actually have revealed an issue as large as delamination, potentially. (See earlier threads on the topic here).

Is it possibly true that JT has a competitor?

lifted-honda-ridgeline-2.jpg

th (43).jpeg

SeZnh.jpg
That's a Gen 1........unlikely.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
I am normally NOT a black vehicle person, but I really like the JT in black! Great looking ride......

Just kidding ladies and gents.

Just kidding ladies and gents. I decided on the black. I searched the entire state of Florida for a Firecracker Red with the black leather interior and there was only one which was at the same dealer I purchased from but had another $1000 in extras (hardtop headliner and body colored matching hardtop) that I didn't care for. I really grew fond of the black after having my mind set on the FC Red for at least the past 3 months. I realize the maintenance on the black will be a little more intense than it would be on the red but I really liked the black leather interior more than the tan leather and I wasn't prepared to wait for another custom build.

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I am normally NOT a black vehicle person, but I really like the JT in black! Great looking ride......
Thanks @Tacoman03. Exploring some ceramic coating options now to help me keep this beast looking sexy.

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Just kidding ladies and gents. I decided on the black. I searched the entire state of Florida for a Firecracker Red with the black leather interior and there was only one which was at the same dealer I purchased from but had another $1000 in extras (hardtop headliner and body colored matching hardtop) that I didn't care for. I really grew fond of the black after having my mind set on the FC Red for at least the past 3 months. I realize the maintenance on the black will be a little more intense than it would be on the red but I really liked the black leather interior more than the tan leather and I wasn't prepared to wait for another custom build.

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg
That pupper looks PROUD! Nice choice!!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Had a Firecracker Red Rubicon on order and it came in. Dealer waiting for me to pick it up.
Cloth seats, blind spot detection, 8.4" infotainment, painted fender flares, black hard top, tonneau cover, trailer tow, LED lights, cargo group with trail rail, auto transmission.

Right before it came in I went and drove a black Rubicon with more equipment. In addition to above it has adaptive cruise control (never thought I'd want something like this but after using it for an hour on the interstate I'm sold), cold weather group (I live in Florida but I like the heated seats if my back feels stiff after work or if it's chilly out in the early morning and top is off + the remote start is kinda nice in hot weather to get air going), auxiliary switch group (no immediate plans for additional lights, winch), bedliner (was going to do Line-X on my ordered unit), leather seats (I'm on the fence about this but after driving this one for extended periods of time they are kinda nice), remote proximity keyless entry (not necessary in my world).

So the price difference is $3200 or $57/month. Seems like I'm getting a lot more. Had I not driven this more equipped Gladiator I'd probably not be having having this discussion but given that I got a taste of these extra amenities it has me thinking.

Any opinions, advice, thoughts, and criticisms welcome.
Buy the vehicle you WANT! Otherwise you’ll regret settling! ;{

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Here in Canada, I had to put down a non-refundable $2000 deposit to order my manual Rubicon JT. They said they wouldn't be able to sell a manual on the lot, so the only way to get one was to order it. This worked out well for me because I got to spec it exactly as I wanted.

As you can imagine, I won't be walking away from my Sting-Grey order! One day it will go into D1... lol

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg
Beautiful truck! You made the right choice! Congrats! ;{

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looking at your profession some here as I felt the TRAUMA when you said you purchased a HONDA PICKUP TRUCK LOL. That’s a really good looking GLADIATOR and all of my family lives in Oldsmar Fl which I visit and stay often. Right now my Gladiator is down there for the summer fun I had her trailered down from northern Virginia. The looks and responses are awesome and have never owned a vehicle with so much attention. Even the delivery company was blown away of all the attention when driving her down. People would take pictures and at each stop people would come up and ask all kinds of questions and take pictures. So congrats and happy Jeeping or should I do the wave :jk:.
901A1078-2AC4-4B48-9DC3-5A36E995D6F1.jpeg
00B91A15-D353-4549-89CE-257D1EB04856.jpeg
9C6FCED9-AE80-45F1-B9C5-5251CD72B739.jpeg
Not to get off topic but what size lift + tires do you have? I think the stance looks perfect!

Sponsored

YMM Glad Owner

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT
With the heated seats, you'll want to be careful with any water crossings. My Gladiator is pretty good with the factory doors on, but with aftermarket doors or no doors, water can come in the cap and damage the heating elements.

Airmousam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Thanks @Tacoman03. Exploring some ceramic coating options now to help me keep this beast looking sexy.
Go cquartz finest vs opticoat imo...had cquartz on my last 3 black Mercedes sedans and went opticoat on my current black Colorado ZR2 (flame suit on) mistake..the two are not close!!!...either one will make washing so much easier....and never EVER do anything other than a touchless car wash...or two bucket method at home (I'm the shade) with a grit guard or you will have swirl marks everywhere.. Enjoy, beautiful truck!! Cheers

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Buy the vehicle you WANT! Otherwise you’ll regret settling! ;{
or just plan to settle for 3 years and then get the truck you REALLY want. :fingerscrossed:

might find yourself married to it for 20 years though, :surprised: (its a joke people, i'm happily married, she's dressing up for halloween like a gator rubicon, lmao)
Sponsored