First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Same thing here… I’ve been noticing a sweet/burnt coffee kind of burning smell when I accelerate onto a highway or even at 65 in cruise control. This has been happening for about 6 months and my Overland Glady is only 14 months old with only 12k miles and it was happening at 8 months with only 6k miles…. I went to 3 Jeep Dealers and it was the worst service ever… writing it off nothing… nothing… Oh and one Jeep dealer said it was related to the Z60 Recall… bullshit. I’m in on Tuesday (2/28) to Kelly Jeep in Lynnfield, MA USA for a final chance for Jeep to keep me as a customer… this is my 3rd Jeep (1995 Wranger, 2005 Grand Cherokee, now 2021 Gladiator) my most reliable was the 1995 Wrangler! Isn’t that something!! I need help, if Kelly Jeep does not make this right I’m OUT.
Frustrating and maddening to say the least. Education is key and sometimes these people need to see proof there’s an internal issue. Sometimes you can show them proof and data and have to educate them but the proof needs to be brought to them.

Get an oil analysis done and if coolant shows up in the report, take that in to them and start the education process. Be sure that they can look at a report and not know what to do with it. This is where an analysis report shows hard data. It’s not opinions, it’s not guess work, it’s hard data that can’t be argued against. This is your first line of defence.

OverlandJT1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
Where do I take the oil sample and how many days for turn around?

OverlandJT1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
Frustrating and maddening to say the least. Education is key and sometimes these people need to see proof there’s an internal issue. Sometimes you can show them proof and data and have to educate them but the proof needs to be brought to them.

Get an oil analysis done and if coolant shows up in the report, take that in to them and start the education process. Be sure that they can look at a report and not know what to do with it. This is where an analysis report shows hard data. It’s not opinions, it’s not guess work, it’s hard data that can’t be argued against. This is your first line of defence.
Where do I take the oil sample, and what is the turnaround time?

Sponsored

OverlandJT1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
Does anybody know if the 2020 Mojave‘s are known to have the same issue or are they also troublesome?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Where do I take the oil sample, and what is the turnaround time?
Black stone is mostly used as a great lab source. Polaris is another lab. https://polarislabs.com/
I know AMSOIL uses Polaris (we won’t discuss AMSOIL)

My 21 JTR 3.6 came with a consumption coolant leak problem from the factory, FCA engineer (Norm) was quite fine with. Was told by my service advisor “coolant in the oil is normal” and FCA just fixed the defective cam shaft that was causing my misfire issue.

@BornCDN may have this issue too and is doing some investigating. As far as I know, we haven’t been told yet.

I don’t belief this is a chronic problem with these engines.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anybody know if the 2020 Mojave‘s are known to have the same issue or are they also troublesome?
There is nothing special about the 3.6L Pentastar coolant system in a Mojave that makes it any more or less susceptible to this issue of coolant loss than any other model.

Like mentioned, if you think there is an excessive amount of coolant loss over time, get a oil analysis to make sure it is not mixing into the engine oil system.

OP
OP
techteacher

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It's been about a year since this post and when I filled it up to the black dot (hard to see so I circled it). Got an oil analysis kit ready to go at the next oil change. No other symptoms other than disappearing coolant. No signs of leaking or smoke or unusual looking oil when changed. Sitting at nearly 50k miles.

PXL_20230405_190439161~2.jpg

OverlandJT1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
It's been about a year since this post and when I filled it up to the black dot (hard to see so I circled it). Got an oil analysis kit ready to go at the next oil change. No other symptoms other than disappearing coolant. No signs of leaking or smoke or unusual looking oil when changed. Sitting at nearly 50k miles.

Jeep Gladiator Disappearing Coolant PXL_20230405_190439161~2

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
My photo from 2/24 to only 30 days later…. 3/24.

68143823-8391-4AB4-9854-856B21B1A4A5.png
That’s a terrible amount in one month. That’s more consumption than what I had. Do you see the level on the oil dip stick increase?

OverlandJT1

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
That’s a terrible amount in one month. That’s more consumption than what I had. Do you see the level on the oil dip stick increase?
Hi Max…. no, I’m not able to really notice much of an increase on the dipstick. It’s hard with movement and hills and whatnot but if I’m flat for a while it’s also hard to mark the dipstick but nonetheless I’ll keep an eye it….

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Hi Max…. no, I’m not able to really notice much of an increase on the dipstick. It’s hard with movement and hills and whatnot but if I’m flat for a while it’s also hard to mark the dipstick but nonetheless I’ll keep an eye it….
How many miles do you do in a month?