Sponsored

Do We Have a 4 Wheel Parts 4WP Rep Here?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I purchased a Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch with Synthetic Rope from 4WheelParts.com last week.

I received the item on 10.7 and this is exactly how the box and the contents looked:
Jeep Gladiator Do We Have a 4 Wheel Parts 4WP Rep Here? 20211010_145759

Note the box was sealed with packaging tape. I had opened it right where it sits.

Jeep Gladiator Do We Have a 4 Wheel Parts 4WP Rep Here? 20211012_123248

The contents of the box. Their fulfillment just tossed the winch in the box and shipped it. The winch did not come in the retail box, nor did it include any accessories, hardware, the controller, the ground wire, etc.

Right now I am trying to return the item, but I cannot make any progress with 4 Wheel Parts. I submitted a webform on the 7th, but haven't heard back. I called on the 8th, but didn't get through. On the 8th I drove to a local 4WP store, only to be told that they do not accept online returns. Then today I have tried calling twice. I spoke with a very casual representative who told me to just return it to a store. When I told him that I tried that already, but was told that the store doesn't accept returns, he placed me on hold, where I've currently been waiting for over 30 minutes.

Jeep Gladiator Do We Have a 4 Wheel Parts 4WP Rep Here? Screenshot_20211012-124540_Call

Any ideas, besides a dispute with American Express, because that will be my next step if I can't get through.
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Sorry OP, they don't look to be a Vendor on the forum. It sounds like you will be needing to go the Amex route.

4WP has never offered good customer service for me, not in person and not online. Last year around April they took $400, never shipped my stuff and wouldn't respond to phone or e-mail. I disputed through PayPal and they refunded me my money. In September a box of stuff showed up packaged just like you described.

OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Ughh. What a shame. My two local stores have a very "indifferent" customer experience. You are basically invisible in the store.

That is why I went the online route. They had by far the best pricing and are a "Big Name."

Lesson learned.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
That's just F'd up. Dispute. I've never bought anything from them even though a co worker says they are great. I'd rather go to summit racing being as they are local to me. Also I always check out FB marketplace. Picked up my Warn winch Evo S for 500$ local deal.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Ughh. What a shame. My two local stores have a very "indifferent" customer experience. You are basically invisible in the store.

That is why I went the online route. They had by far the best pricing and are a "Big Name."

Lesson learned.
I used to think it was because I didn't drive a Jeep, now I realize, they are just horrible all the way around.

In person, they've disputed the lug nut pattern on my truck even though I'd purchased wheels before and their computer said it would fit. The idiot behind the counter sat there and said 'it won't fit, I am telling you... I'm not ordering these for you because once I mount and balance the tires they won't fit and we'll have to eat it'. I ordered elsewhere and guess what... they fit!

They may carry good products and talented mechanics, but their customer experience is a joke.

Someone call you a donkey? Ignore them. Two people? They're just wrong. The entire internet? 4WP, you should start looking for the tail and overgrown ears.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
In no way am I defending 4WP, but that looks to me (been there done that) like the shipping company destroyed the first box. They have generic shipping boxes at every shipping/receiving center to use in this case. They grabbed the big parts, salvaged the shipping tag, reboxed and sent it on it's way.

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
I have to say, they messed up my wheel order a few years back. I got three of the wheel I ordered and one of the same wheel with a different offset. Simple, honest mistake, most likely. They were great when I called them and had the new wheel shipped that day. They paid for shipping back of the wrong wheel, too. I was happy with how they fixed everything quickly.

Having worked at FedEx in the past, I can also verify that they will re-box things and they don't care how it's done. Terrible practice, IMHO.

OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
In no way am I defending 4WP, but that looks to me (been there done that) like the shipping company destroyed the first box. They have generic shipping boxes at every shipping/receiving center to use in this case. They grabbed the big parts, salvaged the shipping tag, reboxed and sent it on it's way.
Do you know what? I think that you are right. The label has clearly been re-taped to this box. Peeled off and re-taped.

Sadly 4WP still has terrible customer experience.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
After buying wheels and tires for my wife's wrangler through them I'll never do business with then again after the pain it turned into.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Do you know what? I think that you are right. The label has clearly been re-taped to this box. Peeled off and re-taped.

Sadly 4WP still has terrible customer experience.
Unfortunately, as the end user, you still need 4WP to make a claim against shipping company so you can receive a full winch kit.

The last item shipped to me that this happened, I used Northridge 4x4 and I called them immediately. They had a replacement shipped before I received the Return Authorization.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The order for some shocks for my old Ranger was fouled up, NO idea what the rear shocks should have fit. 4WP not only sent the right shocks, they never asked for the wrong ones back!? Kind of hurt my feelings that I paid $300 for a pair of shocks they didn't even want back!

Never know how it's going to go, I drove 40 min to buy a winch from the retail store because I didn't want a shipping disaster and I wanted the "free" hook. Took ten minutes too long but it's good to have a 4WP that carries stock (esp when Amazon doens't have it).

Edit to add, I'll echo what others have said, if I'm buying online I go to @Northridge4x4 FIRST.

I have to say, they messed up my wheel order a few years back. I got three of the wheel I ordered and one of the same wheel with a different offset. Simple, honest mistake, most likely. They were great when I called them and had the new wheel shipped that day. They paid for shipping back of the wrong wheel, too. I was happy with how they fixed everything quickly.

Having worked at FedEx in the past, I can also verify that they will re-box things and they don't care how it's done. Terrible practice, IMHO.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
It seems like 4wp retail stores are hit and miss. When I bought wheels and tires for my wife they jacked up the order the first time, when we went back took them 5 hours on a slow day to actually install the tires and wheels. When I asked why I scheduled an appointment, was told that's just the time for me to show up so they can gather the parts up. They didn't program the TPMS sensors and then didn't install the hub centric rings that came in the box with the wheels. So her jeep shook bad at 45 mph. Again could just be my local store.....

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Winches are big heavy bitches that many retailers will just ship label slap the retail box they come in and not actually package it within another box properly. I am sure this not the first time 4WP has seen this.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Does look like shippers messed up. 4WP needs to contact shipper and file a claim. You tried to contact 4WP and they are a no show. So CC dispute. That's what they're there for. Let them do the work.
Sponsored