Do you think this will work? BED POWER!

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
What tool you all use to make the cut out larger for the marine outlet panels?

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have the Decked system in mine. I and almost fine with this prototype. Features onboard air, dual USB charging, 12v port, 120v 3000w inverter, bed lights in RGB, and voltmeter.
You gotta tell us more about this! Is there a second battery stuffed in there as well? And 3000W is huge... I'm guessing you'll only use it while the engine is running?

Sponsored

Tsayta

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
You gotta tell us more about this! Is there a second battery stuffed in there as well? And 3000W is huge... I'm guessing you'll only use it while the engine is running?
Not finished yet. I made a cage for that huge smittybilt 2781 compressor. Found a high and dry spot under the cab, mounted it there with its own skid plate and rubber isolated. Still need to figure out how to get the air hose into the bed. Yes the inverter will only run high powered items when engine running. This is my second install using this 3000w inverter. Worked beautifully in my 15 Wrangler. I will lose zero storage space with this set up

mmulroy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Almost finished it up! Got the panel installed and the wires ran to the front. Just need to figure out which aux switch I want to connect it to. Here’s a pic of it installed. Turned out nice.

upload_2019-9-21_19-18-39.jpeg
Looks great! Did you have to cut the body to make this fit? Seems like the panel is larger than the knockout.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks great! Did you have to cut the body to make this fit? Seems like the panel is larger than the knockout.
The actual hole on the body is 2 1/4 inches, the plastic cap measures 3 1/2 inches with a flange. The depression in the body measures about 4 1/4 square. I'm planning on having to some cutting or grinding of the bedside to fit the panel in.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So many different fixture combos to chose from on Amazon. I went with this one just to have three extra LED light switches for side lights and whatever on my rack. Used one of the 40a AUX switch wires to this panel on 10GA wire. Might be a bit much, but I can always change it up under the hood if I really need two 40a switches for other things.

jeep light 1.jpg

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
So many different fixture combos to chose from on Amazon. I went with this one just to have three extra LED light switches for side lights and whatever on my rack. Used one of the 40a AUX switch wires to this panel on 10GA wire. Might be a bit much, but I can always change it up under the hood if I really need two 40a switches for other things.

jeep light 1.jpg
I like, was the cover hard to take off with the sprayed in liner?

Sponsored

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I like, was the cover hard to take off with the sprayed in liner?
Yep, that stuff is thick. Had to go around it three or four times with a sharp razor, but once it's cut through, it comes out easy enough. Had to cut the hole bigger than it is once you get cap out. Used a Dremel with a mini cutting disc, used about three disks.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I made a cage for that huge smittybilt 2781 compressor. Found a high and dry spot under the cab, mounted it there with its own skid plate and rubber isolated. Still need to figure out how to get the air hose into the bed.
Can you post pics of your 2781 mount location & cage? Have you decided on a hose route?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ran them to the engine bay. I ran them alongside another factory harness along the topside of the frame. Turned out really clean looking.
I plan on following that same factory harness on the frame. But, I'm thinking of only running a positive wire to connect to the Aux wire, then ground the negative somewhere in the rear. Is there a reason the negative wire would have to run up the negative terminal in the engine bay?

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I plan on following that same factory harness on the frame. But, I'm thinking of only running a positive wire to connect to the Aux wire, then ground the negative somewhere in the rear. Is there a reason the negative wire would have to run up the negative terminal in the engine bay?
There is another thread about the different ground points on the gladiator. I do know you have to be careful about grounding, it has to be a very clean and solid connection, and should be in an easy to access place that you can clean from time to time. It might be easier to just run an additional ground wire with your hot line.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a spay in liner like was shown and was wondering has anyone use the process above (cutting with a utility knife) and did the cover come off.
I just removed mine last night. I went around it a few times with a utility knife. The bedliner was thicker on top than the bottom. Once it was cut through, I could get the cap to move a bit. But, it was a little harder to get out than others suggested. The cap is molded plastic ... including a few clips holding it in place. Knowing that, feel free to pry it off. Prying mine off did not damage the molded clips. The cap will clip right back in place.
Sponsored