First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I love them. They are working very well in the trucks and I have sold several on Facebook with everyone being quite pleased.
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I got some refrigerator/coolers in yesterday. I have 2 75L dual zone and 2 18L. All my units are assembled with the LG compressor! If anyone wants one send me a PM.

06108654-D95E-4F6E-A599-E2B5A7BB7DC1.jpeg

C6BA1715-828B-4733-B258-208D6D3BDEF7.jpeg

3DFDF868-B68F-4767-920B-C8B8E286671B.jpeg

88E0E2BE-A031-4374-88B1-221CF8D28CEF.jpeg

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Mark- Please put me down for on of the 100 AH batteries as well.

I have 1 Battleborn battery in my truck camper and am very happy with it. Just be careful in low temps.

My thought for the Gladiator build out is similar to yours using a Redarc BCDC that will be hooked to the alternator and also allow me to run a portable solar panel that I have. The only thing it will run is the fridge and possibly a water pump and a hot water heater although I have not made up my mind on the later two.

Speaking of fridges as many probably know there are only 2 or 3 factories making all the fridges we can buy...so I ended Up buying this from Costco which is similar to some of the newer Dometics. I have used it twice so far and have been very happy

https://www.costco.com/blizzard-box-12v/110v-41-quart-portable-cooler.product.100505019.html
How has the Costco Blizzard cooler worked for you? i saw it on sale for $200 off so I ordered it today. thanks!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
How has the Costco Blizzard cooler worked for you? i saw it on sale for $200 off so I ordered it today. thanks!
In short awesome!
We took it on a 10 week overlanding trip to Alaska this summer and we used it the whole time. Now that we’re home we find that going to Sam’s or Costco we throw the frozen food in there for the hour long trip home and everything arrives nice and cold.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
In short awesome!
We took it on a 10 week overlanding trip to Alaska this summer and we used it the whole time. Now that we’re home we find that going to Sam’s or Costco we throw the frozen food in there for the hour long trip home and everything arrives nice and cold.
It’s amazing what you’ll find your fridge makes easier. I used mine to thaw my Thanksgiving turkeys because our house fridges were full. Plus my kids never think to check the bed of the truck so I can keep a stash of Coke Zero and Diet Mt Dew away from thieving teenagers.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I have the ARB Elements...it's a tank and has been very reliable. Yes, it costs more that the other 12vdc/110vac units, but it's weatherproof: being in the back, road spray drenched, no problem...it's made for that. 17.5 inches high, overall.

I can promise you this, regardless of fridge manufacturer preference: once you buy one of these fridges...and never, ever again have to leave your campsite for ice, you'll wonder why the hell you waited so long to invest in one.

We went from two huge-ass Igloo coolers (containing 10 lbs of ice per cooler), down to the ARB Elements, containing NO ice, 33-degree beer, Gatorade, soda and bone dry food.

My wife was the biggest skeptic at the beginning...but is now a complete believer.

AZJTR

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Software Sales Engineer
Will the ARB Elements fit under a typical bed cover in a Gladiator?

I have the ARB Elements...it's a tank and has been very reliable. Yes, it costs more that the other 12vdc/110vac units, but it's weatherproof: being in the back, road spray drenched, no problem...it's made for that. 17.5 inches high, overall.

I can promise you this, regardless of fridge manufacturer preference: once you buy one of these fridges...and never, ever again have to leave your campsite for ice, you'll wonder why the hell you waited so long to invest in one.

We went from two huge-ass Igloo coolers (containing 10 lbs of ice per cooler), down to the ARB Elements, containing NO ice, 33-degree beer, Gatorade, soda and bone dry food.

My wife was the biggest skeptic at the beginning...but is now a complete believer.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Will the ARB Elements fit under a typical bed cover in a Gladiator?
Yes...by about a half inch.

Dont forget: if you use a fridge slide or plan on using one, you will need to add their design to the overall vertical displacement.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can promise you this, regardless of fridge manufacturer preference: once you buy one of these fridges...and you'll wonder why the hell you waited so long to invest in one.
No joke I've been kicking myself since on why I waited so long, but I had a memory of the half-ass thermal electric ones. Now after having one I started to throw away my coolers, even a expensive non yeti cooler that I've used one time... I only stopped just for having a cooler (s) for hunting. Not wanting to throw a bleeding out animal parts in my 12v fridge freezer.
Sponsored