Sponsored

Doors off, premium soft top, rain protection?

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL
Bestop does the Mopar covers too, and they've had the puddling problems back to at least the TJ Covers I own.. Maybe since they are watching this thread, they might have a good suggestion :)
Sponsored

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have it as well, it stretches to fully cover mine when topless with no gaps. I do have one issue though in heavy rain. It will actually pool up water over the front seats and it will be a decent amount if it was a heavy rain. I think need to bail it out before climbing inside and pushing it. I made the mistake my first time of not noticing this and flooded the passengers side.
Just to clarify it does not fit 100% with the soft top left on in the safari style position. When the soft top is totally removed it keeps water out....so far.

beefcake

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
You could also try a Rain Gear brand cover. It will fit with the top on no problem. My plan is to use it all summer here in FL both for rain and sun protection while it sits in the parking lot at work. So far it has only seen dew, but the reviews from other folks were promising and I liked it better than the Mopar cover.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I've used boards and stuff like that too, The best option I found was the Trek top has an aluminum bar with an upward curve that works nicely and fits a slot in the door surrounds on my JKU, But I've used a piece of PVC as my go to on many jeeps :)
I know that exact part you are talking about. My dad has that top on his JK, lol. That part would work perfect for keeping the water off.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Y'all don't forget, it's a truck. We have room for the doors in the bed. Not ideal but as a temp solution it's worth considering :)

Sponsored

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I have the Mopar cover and have used it with just the top and the doors off to protect from rain here in Florida. It will stretch enough to cover 97%. There is a small gap between the cover and front door jam maybe 1/2" but has kept everything fairly dry. It fits behind the rear seats when not in use.
Is this with the soft top on or no?? I have a soft top as well and was wondering if it fit with it on.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I found out I had to do something the hard way, right now I have a board across the top that is working. I feel like though being an emergency cover this is something that FCA should have thought of. I mean for $150 i would have expected something at least a little better. I don't want to have to keep a pipe in the car, but I do like the idea, better than the board I am using.
If it's like the JL cover, the instructions say to stuff towels above the sport bar to raise the middle of the cover. Water drains off faster and it takes the sag out of the cover so water doesn't pool. It takes a lot of towels to get significant lift, so I bought these foam balls to use instead of towels.
Jeep Gladiator Doors off, premium soft top, rain protection? jl foam balls

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
If it's like the JL cover, the instructions say to stuff towels above the sport bar to raise the middle of the cover. Water drains off faster and it takes the sag out of the cover so water doesn't pool. It takes a lot of towels to get significant lift, so I bought these foam balls to use instead of towels.
Jeep Gladiator Doors off, premium soft top, rain protection? jl foam balls
I never checked if there were even instructions with it, lol. Maybe my answer was already in there. That is a good idea. I might have to test out some smaller options. I have just been putting the cover on top of my JT the last few weeks and not putting it back together. gives me some time to experiment a little.

Ray F.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
I REALLY wanted the 2-piece Bestop soft doors to work. I just couldn’t get the front doors to fit. Their was a 1/2” gap along the entire bottom of the door and huge gap in the front lower corner (I could put 3 fingers through it).

Tried to get resolution through Bestop C/S, but they just didn’t appear that concerned. Never got to top halves or the back doors. Sent them back to Quadratec.

OP
OP

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
So still haven’t totally figured this out, but I’ve kind of taken bits from all the good conversation. I bought the Mopar tube doors, because the just look so freaking cool. I’m hoping Mopar releases their skins for them at some point. I also ordered a Bak revolver X4 so I can store doors or other items in the truck bed. I’m going to order a rain gear cover for the days where it’s just a light amount of rain.

I don’t know if I’d leave my real doors in the truck bed, unless I can figure out how to store them where they’d be kind of locked in place and not get screwed up, but the tonneau cover at least makes it an option.

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL
I REALLY wanted the 2-piece Bestop soft doors to work. I just couldn’t get the front doors to fit. Their was a 1/2” gap along the entire bottom of the door and huge gap in the front lower corner (I could put 3 fingers through it).

Tried to get resolution through Bestop C/S, but they just didn’t appear that concerned. Never got to top halves or the back doors. Sent them back to Quadratec.
Was the gap along the bottom because the door was too high, or because it was too far out from the sill?

You really have to be willing to bend the frame of the soft doors a LOT to get them to fit right sometimes, the metal rod is designed to bent for fit, but if it was 1/2" too high, I don't thin any amount of bending would fix that :(
Sponsored