Sponsored

Doors off (trail) mirrors?

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Sooo, my Jpeg’s came in the other day and they look pretty sweet. Only down side is, they sent two passenger side brackets lol. I called and the guy picked up immediately. I showed him the error and he felt terrible. I assume they’re a small company cause he said he’s the one who packed them. He’s sending a drivers side ASAP.
I threw one of them in the passenger side to see how it looks. I’m pretty happy with it. There’s a little hinge piece that stops the bracket and mirror from going forward when you put your foot on it.

16AABD3C-5962-4CBE-B2B5-451CDD11AAA5.jpeg

E3C9301C-5A59-4562-A984-C7207F3E8071.jpeg
Sponsored

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I've been doing some experimenting, only with OK results so far.

This is the moped mirror from OReilly auto parts. 8mm bolt threads right in. I put a metal washer and rubber washer on it to make it easier to tighten.

Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 20200516_193605

This is something a buddy gave me from his JK days. Completely home-made, I believe.

Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 20200516_193538

Both do get a lot of vibration at highway speeds.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Took the Jpegz out for a test run on the freeway. Was doing 80 and they didn’t budge.

Sponsored

Brettzky757

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
I like to have my things over engineered. The Topsy system called for a 2000 pound stand anyway. So I bought one for a little over $100. I watched a few videos where people used only the 1000 pound stand, and although probably sufficient, it didn’t look very sturdy. I have enjoyed doing the door change-outs without any worry that my doors will tip over.
I got the 2000lb stand as well and it works.

I am concerned that the doors swing too freely and i'm working up a PVC brace to combat that.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I don't know if these were reviewed yet (not going through 5 pages to find out) but I went with the rugged ridge windshield mount mirrors. Not a good choice.

My main reason for choosing these was to be able to run soft doors and have mirrors...well because of where the mirror ends up, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to open the soft doors(I don't have the doors yet).
At the same time this means these cant stay on if I need to put my full doors on for a day or 2. And yes I realize, these are "door off" mirrors but it's just a convenience that I had with the mirrors I ran on my jk and liked the option.
They are a hassle to take on and off, the driver's side can be taken off with arm attached but the pass side has to be taken completely apart every time because of the antenna. So then it has to be readjusted every time to be able to see(pain in the ass by your self)
And lastly the quality is kind of sh!t, the threaded inserts in the ends of the arms have some play something's move when the shouldn't. And the hinge studs are very soft, every time I take the mirrors off there's metal shavings and flakes coming off. These won't last.

I'll be getting a set of the drop in ones for now until I get soft doors

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3

Sponsored

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have these mirrors mounted to my grab handles. There's very little to no vibration. The mounts can remain year round with doors. The arm and mirror can be screwed on to the mount quickly and easily. They've worked well for me, but I do wish the arm was slightly longer.

Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 1590769414826

Awesome! Can you post a picture of the truck (with the mirrors verticle)??

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
Update:
I had the smittybilt mirrors and they were doing great on highway. However, after trail riding and hitting some rough and jarring terrain, both arms stripped and wouldn’t tighten, making the mirrors useless. I still think for the price they’re great for paved use. I did what I should have done in the first place and got the CMM Off-road mirrors. These things are insanely solid. No movement at 75 mph and no issues on trails. They also don’t hardly stick out at all, so no worries about tree strikes.
Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? F4F8FCEA-66AE-491F-84B0-2579DA7932BC
Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 9AB1C184-B62F-449C-AB61-C3960991F686

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Lange Coyote mirrors, and tested up to 70mph. No wiggle, and the arms are holding well. Wife made me put the doors back on, so couldn't test prolonged exposure. I'm happy with the price compared to the CMM ones, which seem top of the line and out of my price range.

mr1563

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 2021 grand cherokee
I tried just about every available mirror when I had my JK. DieTech was the best by far. When I got my JT I had to redo some metal work for it to fit. I just got the JT model from dietech and the are even better!! $93.00 for the bracket. I have heated mirrors on the gladiator so I also purchased a new set of mirrors around $110 for the pair. Highly recommend this setup. Like a few members have said it's a $50K+ truck! I cant see buying $29.00 mirrors that rattle so much they're useless. BTW if you have the stock mirrors you can easily swap them over

IMG_20200710_102236.jpg

IMG_20200710_102214.jpg

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
I tried just about every available mirror when I had my JK. DieTech was the best by far. When I got my JT I had to redo some metal work for it to fit. I just got the JT model from dietech and the are even better!! $93.00 for the bracket. I have heated mirrors on the gladiator so I also purchased a new set of mirrors around $110 for the pair. Highly recommend this setup. Like a few members have said it's a $50K+ truck! I cant see buying $29.00 mirrors that rattle so much they're useless. BTW if you have the stock mirrors you can easily swap them over

IMG_20200710_102236.jpg

IMG_20200710_102214.jpg
how easy/quick is it to switch mirrors from door to bracket? and do you have to reconnect something for the defrost to work? those look really nice and sturdy

Edit: i see this on their site:
"If you have power mirrors, you will need to purchase a new set of manual mirrors (Mopar JEP 82215138) to work with these brackets.
JL/JT Power mirrors have a long cable that runs inside of the mirrors and down into your door. Fortec does not recommend cutting the cable for the power mirror in order to use your current mirrors with these brackets. "
Sponsored