First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
The reason the JL/JT feel so small is because of the width. The body is designed to basically fit inside the track width instead of on top of the track width like most 4x4s. That's what gives it the prowess offroad and the ability to avoid a lot of body damage. But the flip side is the interior is very cramped. There isn't much hip and shoulder room, and unfortunately the JL/JT are nearly 2" narrower than the outgoing JK model so the lack of space got even worse.

Having said that I think the average person can get used to it after a while. Tall guys like me still struggle with it, but the unique features of the vehicle are worth the trade-off for most people.
At 6'2 my issue was no dead pedal on the left. Really bothered me. It will be one of my first mods...
Sponsored

Flyboy2109

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator, 2004 CTS-V, 2001 Tahoe, 1990 Dakot
Occupation
retired Pilot: USCG, Delta, Netjets
I went to check out and test drive a Rubicon today and now have doubts about getting one. I currently drive a 2018 Nissan Titan and the Gladiator felt really small to me. My wife has a 2012 Pathfinder and even though the specs say the Gladiator is larger inside, it felt smaller than it. One thing that might have made it feel small was the front windshield. I've waited for this truck forever and was really excited to finally check it out and but I kind of feel disappointed. After seeing it in person I am really impressed with the way it looks and the interior was really nice. I only got to drive a few miles because the salesman knew I had no intentions of buying it, but it drove nice. When the dealer that I usually deal with gets one in, I will be able to take a longer drive and spend more time actually in it, maybe my opinion will change.
I wasn't looking down in size, I was looking up. Left my 2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab for the JT. Ten 33 gallon garbage bags instead of six. Better cab size and still gets down the yard without rubbing on the trees. Full size won't cut it. Better yet: stick shift and MANUAL transfer case. Stupid GMC and vacuum 4 x 4 activation-fail.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
If you want full-size truck roomy, the JT isn’t that (my last truck was a ’16 Ram 1500), but my two cents…the interior in the JT is cozy and well laid out.
Sponsored