Sponsored

Drove a Wrangler today... My Gladiator definitely has much looser steering.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I can’t get your video to play? Is it still available?
It still plays for me, but basically all it shows is the same thing I've experienced; you can go quite a ways with your hands off the wheel. So not exciting, just a quarter mile of hands-off driving.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Electric Jeep says they want independent e power on each wheel. Wonder what that would do to steering. on what planet is it okay to Not solve a steering flaw?

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
It is. Let me link it again.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
It still plays for me, but basically all it shows is the same thing I've experienced; you can go quite a ways with your hands off the wheel. So not exciting, just a quarter mile of hands-off driving.
Thanks! Ok GOOD video not a horror story lol!
I actually find it totally reassuring that the majority of the Gladiators are driving straight and strong, means if there are steering issues in a few, they’ll figure it out!!

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I am driving a brand new Jeep Wrangler JL while waiting for my steering box to come in and be installed. If my JT drove like this Wrangler I would be tickled shitless! It still drives like a solid front axle Jeep but is nowhere near how my JT drove. Are the steering boxes pretty much the same from JL to JT besides how they bolt up?

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I’ve been driving a JL Sahara 2.0 out in Vegas the past week. While I agree it is a little tighter, it still wanders on the highway like my JT. I think when I get back I’ll speak with the dealer, but I’ll still get ready for the stabilizer swap. At least if I leave it as a noted complaint, and there is a recall later I will recoup the investment.

There doesn’t seem to be any slop in the steering with the motor off, so the gearbox seems to be adjusted properly. I still wonder if it’s not the tires... maybe the extra length of the JT is causing the wander?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
My new JT was a bit loose when I first test drove it but not much enough other than to mention it to the dealer. When I got home I checked the tires and they had them pumped to 42 PSI at the dealership. I dropped them to 36 PSI and took it back out of the road. Drive barely any play now.
Sponsored