First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

We super happy with the design. these seem to be way better then the stock ones, stock was around 25lbs each and the dv8 offroad ones about 62lbs each. The design mounts to factory location, the bolts are 13mm vs factory 10mm. We added larger washers vs what the kit came with.

Here is what it looks like installed, The panels are replaceable. We went this rout because we may be installing rock lights in them.

Install Video

Using them as Steps Video:

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_1745.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hey, looking at getting these after my first choice ended up not working. The other ones I tried had gaps at the ends between the rail and jeep. It was because the rail didnt contour with the Jeep/pinch seem. Can you confirm if these are "bent" or contoured to match the shape of the Gladiator? or even have some more pics that might show if these are less noticeable. See below for what mine looked like.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Are they mounted to the frame in anyway, or just to the pinch welds?

Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Yeah those look 100% body mounted, which is fine, but the leverage from how far they stick out will make them probably not function very well as genuine rock sliders. Looking at the JCR ones, they mount to all those spots, and those three big body mount spots where the body mounts to the frame. I'll be honest, i'll probably never need something as crazy as the frame mounted ones, and the DV8 ones look good!.

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
But also even if attached to the frame the step still needs to curve with the Jeep to avoid the issue I ran into. Might just be me being to picky.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, looking at getting these after my first choice ended up not working. The other ones I tried had gaps at the ends between the rail and jeep. It was because the rail didnt contour with the Jeep/pinch seem. Can you confirm if these are "bent" or contoured to match the shape of the Gladiator? or even have some more pics that might show if these are less noticeable. See below for what mine looked like.
the top is bent to shape to the JT.. we are going to make a upfollow up video today on what it looks like , how much step there is etc.... I will be posting it on youtube soon before night

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
the top is bent to shape to the JT.. we are going to make a upfollow up video today on what it looks like , how much step there is etc.... I will be posting it on youtube soon before night
Perfect, thanks! Will be on the look out.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect, thanks! Will be on the look out.
ran out of time today, will try again for tomorrrow... friend is out from cali for her bday..... so we may be a bit behind

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Those look good!

I'm not a fan of the hardware on top (bolt heads). And I'd consider them for my Gladiator except they appear to mount to the frame AND the pinch seam.

I will not run any step/sliders that mount to the body so...

I'm still looking

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those look good!

I'm not a fan of the hardware on top (bolt heads). And I'd consider them for my Gladiator except they appear to mount to the frame AND the pinch seam.

I will not run any step/sliders that mount to the body so...

I'm still looking

I thought the same as that but after seeing how Kevin and Brit treat their JL they seem to hold up Addictive desert designs makes cab and frame mount

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the same as that but after seeing how Kevin and Brit treat their JL they seem to hold up Addictive desert designs makes cab and frame mount
I’m not a mechanical engineer but I prefer to run rock sliders for protection and use them as steps and to maximize body protection I’d rather they weren’t attached to it

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I go off-road but its light use and not as often as I would like. Found them for about $550 delivered so I jumped on that. Still interested in the video when you get time. Thanks

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
To clear up some confusion, the pictures posted by @jimmydarnel are not the DV8 slider steps featured in this thread. The DV8 sliders are countoured to the body, and also are body and pinch seam mounted, but do not attach to the actual body mounts.
Sponsored