First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt willys sting gray
Occupation
Technician
anyone have issues with the 6x9 not sounding "full" with the MB quart kit. I have the 8.4 system. I know mb quart kit only plugs into one of the plugs on each side of the sound bar which makes me wonder if they are not getting the full signal.
the alpine system has 8 separate speaker vs 4 of the non alpine systems. The 3.5” channel has a crossover in it for tweeters and the 4” has acrossover for lower frequencies. You will need to use both channels to get the right sound.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I fixed the problem by connecting the tweeters directly to wires previously powering the 3.5 highs. They seem to be crossed over right/better now and sound good.

Anyone who thinks changing the speakers without amplifying them is pointless is just wrong...noticeably louder now. The bass response from the 6x9 is much tighter than the oem ported enclosure and i can hear highs in song I know that were lost with the oem speakers.

The only down side is the 6x9 have a slightly different frequncy responce...they play higher frquency midrange better/louder/tighter but it lost a bit of the lower midrange frequency "punch"....this was probably the range the port eas tuned for.

It should not matter much to me though...im adding a sealed subwoofer that i should be able to cross over at the frquency gap.

1367E185-0CE3-4912-B34E-1723D313765C.jpeg

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Just curious where you mounted the JL Audio C3 cross over box? Also did you use JL Audio 6.5” speakers in the sound bar and if so, where did you mount the cross over box up there?
Actually I'm going to be, "Active" - with a separate DSP to filter crossover frequencies and such to each individual speaker. If passive was the plan, would definitely consider hiding the crossovers under a seat instead of in the pods or soundbar.

lowso

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
cocksman
Curious to know if anyone still has found an upgrade for sound bar that’s plug and play

Sponsored

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Dog Dad
Setup looks great! Did those Infinity speakers come with that tweeter or did you buy that separately?

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Curious to know if anyone still has found an upgrade for sound bar that’s plug and play
I just did a speaker swap 2 Weeks ago to the front 3.5's with the correct speaker harness adaptors: https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-eXce...5c-9c42-f71e9fdc72a1&pd_rd_i=B07Y2FTW4L&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/72-7902-Spea...s&sprefix=Metra+72-7902,electronics,58&sr=1-3

And in the rear sound bar: https://www.amazon.com/MTX-Audio-TH...fb-b053-3b541a1437eb&pd_rd_i=B00IYKCB00&psc=1

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_6633JLJTAE/Select-Increments-JLJT-Pods.html

So everything was plug and play I never checked polarity since it was plug and play but it sounds 100 times better than the factory set up and I have the 8.4" Alpine system. So I'm very pleased for the way it sounds especially for the added bass, and the volume is louder by a little bit :)

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Did you notice the added base stands out from more the roll bar upgrade?

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did you notice the added base stands out from more the roll bar upgrade?
Yes at normal settings in the EQ but by setting the EQ more forward and having better speakers in the dash fronts it does equal out and sounds a lot better than the factory speakers in my opinion.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Yes at normal settings in the EQ but by setting the EQ more forward and having better speakers in the dash fronts it does equal out and sounds a lot better than the factory speakers in my opinion.
So far all I did was add a 10in sub under the rear seat with a 350w class D amp, and tapped off the front speakers with a hi level to RCA output and took almost all the bass out of the speakers and just tuned the sub to balance out. I can crank the volume all the way without the factory speakers cracking and the bass from the sub fill out perfectly (at all volumes).

I've dabbled with the idea of upgrading the factory speakers but haven't done it yet. Been enjoying following this thread though to see all the different experiences.
Sponsored