Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
There are numbers concerning the levels of particulate and tail pipe gases as well as requirements for equipment and the controls required to run it.
I have not seen all the SC kits, but the kit containing the 1900cc compressor, maintains all the required emissions equipment and controls. The gray area becomes when you manipulate the calibration of the control, but these things are still a challenge to detect from a governing aspect. So that leaves us with tail pipe emissions. This latest operating system from FCA or whomever, is quite impressive in a big picture kind of way. You have to really dig or be a catastrophic monkey to screw up its ability to meet emissions. It runs on adaptive Models that close loop around multiple air fuel ratios for different operating conditions, this goes one step further with automatic transmissions as the torque management is further manipulated to keep the engine in happy spots, so to speak.

With the ability to reliably run the engine "clean" all the time you can get away with stuff that would normally be really light duty.

I find it humerous these engines still require an EGR valve. With the airflow model and VVT it for all intents and purposes is obsolete, but required by emissions. Probably due to the fact people making the rules have a hard time letting 1s and 0s take over even though 90 percent of their communication is digital.

So at the end of the day. Carb practically for any aftermarket company is the ability to maintain all stock emissions equipment and have a passing tail pipe report.

Sorry about the thesis, my mind went a wandering
I'd have to disagree with your statement. I know manufacturers that couldn't pass emissions until they actually made CARB test a stock vehicle and it failed(not on a Jeep). Every supercharger manufacturer has had issues getting the Gladiator emissions approved. Some of the favorites on here took as many as 10x to get approved. First they based it off the JL which everyone passed, but then found out the JT was dirtier. EVERYONE had to retest again. It is even more messed up that the 21 is cleaner than the 20.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I'd have to disagree with your statement. I know manufacturers that couldn't pass emissions until they actually made CARB test a stock vehicle and it failed(not on a Jeep). Every supercharger manufacturer has had issues getting the Gladiator emissions approved. Some of the favorites on here took as many as 10x to get approved. First they based it off the JL which everyone passed, but then found out the JT was dirtier. EVERYONE had to retest again. It is even more messed up that the 21 is cleaner than the 20.
What part would you disagree with? This is a sincere question. I think you misconstrued the part were I say it is hard to screw it up. I did not want to dwell on it but if you use the factory strategies as intended it is hard to screw it up. If people change macro tables for fuel and timing without data, you can make a huge mess real fast. I think at the end of the day we both agree the mess is what comes out of the tail pipe. People were not dinged on software content and hardware.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
What part would you disagree with? This is a sincere question. I think you misconstrued the part were I say it is hard to screw it up. I did not want to dwell on it but if you use the factory strategies as intended it is hard to screw it up. If people change macro tables for fuel and timing without data, you can make a huge mess real fast. I think at the end of the day we both agree the mess is what comes out of the tail pipe. People were not dinged on software content and hardware.
"You have to really dig or be a catastrophic monkey to screw up its ability to meet emissions. " I'm just saying if it was easy it wouldn't take manufacturers 5-10 times to pass in todays environment. Thats all.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
It will be interesting to see saturated IATs on the edlebrock. With the 1900 IATS always seem to be in check even on long grades with a load. Moving more air without having to squeeze it as much is good. The question is, is 1900 too much and is 1320 enough or just right.
I got some data on this. Towing a full 7600lb load, with multiple passes up baker grade (7%), in 110deg heat, the highest they got the ait's was 46deg over ambient. Back to back to back to back to back pulls at WOT in rapid succession on the dyno netted a 12deg increase to AIT's.

The 1900 is a big boy blower. For comparison, the 1320 came stock on the B8/B8.5 S4, and the 1900 came stock on the CTS-V.

Looking over the efficiency maps at our power and boost levels, even projected out to 18psi and built motor power level, i dont see the 1900 having a massive advantage. Its the ability of the 1900 to fill a larger motor. The Magnuson side car orientation does allow for a much larger intercooler though, which I think would pay dividends when you turn up the wick? I think the 1320 can feed this motor fine, as long as the heat exchanger holds up with more boost, and id guess at stock levels a non emission tune would give the Edelbrock more meat on the tq curve. It would also be much easier to port the Magnuson for meth injection in the cover between the blower and the IC than it would be the Edelbrock. Very interested in your thoughts.

Livernois Magnuson non-emission legal 93 tune vs Edelbrock canned CARB approved 93 tune w/ TCM tune below. Edelbrock stock dyno figures are identical to Livernois

226D8EE9-0367-4056-AEA7-C24E102308C6.png
7F32C37B-924B-4AC9-9576-E3BFEF63C8EF.jpeg

TVS 1320 and 1900 compressor maps:

BC4233D6-2C54-4949-9C81-A5F4B773602E.gif

392B7B5A-BD9C-478D-AE68-AE522DEBC87B.gif

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
When will the Edlebrock be available ?
Its available and 50 state legal now. Maggie is avail now and working on carb.

People who drive @DAVECS1 tune say it is superb, and Dave is confident carb will happen for Magnuson soon. Hell, they got the new Tacoma, which i would guess is harder

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Nice! All I need now is to get back my truck…3 weeks so far still not done replacing my engine…
Magnuson doesnt have much lead time it doesnt seem

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Ordered my Magnuson. 👌

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Ram TRX
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
I am going to call and ask Edelbrock about this when I have time, but I figured I would ask here and see if anyone knew.

If using the supercharger and their provided tune, can I still use my Taser Mini to change tire size and gear ratio as needed, as well as disabling auto stop start and other light behavior?

The tire size thing in particular concerns me, as I am going to be swapping back and forth between 37s and 40s for a while.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I am going to call and ask Edelbrock about this when I have time, but I figured I would ask here and see if anyone knew.

If using the supercharger and their provided tune, can I still use my Taser Mini to change tire size and gear ratio as needed, as well as disabling auto stop start and other light behavior?

The tire size thing in particular concerns me, as I am going to be swapping back and forth between 37s and 40s for a while.
Im not sure how any of companies are handling that....in for answers.

I was torn between the Magnuson and Edelbrock, but the cooling capacity of the Magnuson crushes the Edelbrock and that won me over.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

You should be - I have the Edelbrock on my 2014 JKURX and I am able to use all aftermarket devices to set tire size and gear ratios, etc.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
You can use the Tazer. It talks with the BCM and on top of that it does not program anything only sends messages. Both solutions are fine with the Tazer. I use that product myself. Really cool piece of kit.
Sponsored