Edelbrock E Force coming soon.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I read that this morning. Sad that such a long-standing company might be gone.
I'm hoping it's just a move maybe to escape the higher CA taxes...move the HQ elsewhere?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
To Texas, perhaps?
I'll ask my friend who works there - see if he can say anything.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm hoping it's just a move maybe to escape the higher CA taxes...move the HQ elsewhere?
‘That’s the first thing that came to my mind. I hope that’s the case...

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
My bet is they are bailing the state. If the foundry wasn't so hard and costly to move, it would have been gone already.

This state is out of control.....If I wasn't in the service industry, I would have baild already.....Saving my nickles for an exit in retirement!

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
From one of the comments

" I work for Edelbrock/Comp Cams (Comp Cams was acquired last year by the investment firm that owns Edelbrock) at Comp Cams headquarters in Memphis TN. Everything is crazy at our location, but here is what I can tell you : The foundries aren't going anywhere. Most of Edelbrocks corporate departments are being absorbed by Comp Cams corporate departments. Some people will move from Torrance to Memphis or to our distribution center in Olive Branch, MS. Some people will move to the foundry. I don't have numbers for either moves. This has been in the works since early last year and we've been trying to make the transition as easy as possible. Edelbrock will still be around for a long time. "

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
From one of the comments

" I work for Edelbrock/Comp Cams (Comp Cams was acquired last year by the investment firm that owns Edelbrock) at Comp Cams headquarters in Memphis TN. Everything is crazy at our location, but here is what I can tell you : The foundries aren't going anywhere. Most of Edelbrocks corporate departments are being absorbed by Comp Cams corporate departments. Some people will move from Torrance to Memphis or to our distribution center in Olive Branch, MS. Some people will move to the foundry. I don't have numbers for either moves. This has been in the works since early last year and we've been trying to make the transition as easy as possible. Edelbrock will still be around for a long time. "
That’s good to hear! They need to do some better press so the general public understands...

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
edelbrock tech has been posting over on the JL side of the house. Seems like they are still rolling. Only downside I can see to their kit is that it is a TVS1320 blower vs a TVS1900....leaves a lot of grunt on the table.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
edelbrock tech has been posting over on the JL side of the house. Seems like they are still rolling. Only downside I can see to their kit is that it is a TVS1320 blower vs a TVS1900....leaves a lot of grunt on the table.
Edelbrock usually sides with reliability over power. I would choose theirs if I had this in my mod budget.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Edelbrock usually sides with reliability over power. I would choose theirs if I had this in my mod budget.
And that's a fair point. I guess I'm curious to know if there was some testing or knowledge that lead to choosing the 1320 over the 1900, or if they just took the "abundance of caution" approach, and kept it with a smaller blower.

In reality, the 1320 is perfectly fine for the desired result....the 1900 is just...*ahem* more fun....lol the 1900 gives raptor-level horsepower...which is pretty sporty.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
And that's a fair point. I guess I'm curious to know if there was some testing or knowledge that lead to choosing the 1320 over the 1900, or if they just took the "abundance of caution" approach, and kept it with a smaller blower.

In reality, the 1320 is perfectly fine for the desired result....the 1900 is just...*ahem* more fun....lol
I guess the dyno will tell. Maybe they have some super bon bon tuning tricks up their sleeve. At pretty much the same price point as the competition they'll need it.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I guess the dyno will tell. Maybe they have some super bon bon tuning tricks up their sleeve. At pretty much the same price point as the competition they'll need it.
from the dyno's posted by Edelbrock Tech over on JL, it looks like ~330whp and ~270tq. although, in looking at that again, I notice something interesting:

Edelbrock dyno'd their stock jeep at 226hp/214tq to the wheels as stock. Then 330hp and 270tq at the wheels with their blower.

Livernois dyno'd their stock jeep at 225hp and 214tq to the wheels as stock. then ~340hp and ~290tq at the wheels with their blower.

This makes me think their respective dyno's are calibrated similarly, which means given the parameters of an otherwise stock engine, you might not be at that much of a handicap over what you can do on the 1900 without doing motorwork. area under the curve is definitely fatter with the 1900, but not by nearly as much as I originally thought......

Interesting indeed........

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
from the dyno's posted by Edelbrock Tech over on JL, it looks like ~330whp and ~270tq. although, in looking at that again, I notice something interesting:

Edelbrock dyno'd their stock jeep at 226hp/214tq to the wheels as stock. Then 330hp and 270tq at the wheels with their blower.

Livernois dyno'd their stock jeep at 225hp and 214tq to the wheels as stock. then ~340hp and ~290tq at the wheels with their blower.

This makes me think their respective dyno's are calibrated similarly, which means given the parameters of an otherwise stock engine, you might not be at that much of a handicap over what you can do on the 1900 without doing motorwork. area under the curve is definitely fatter with the 1900, but not by nearly as much as I originally thought......

Interesting indeed........
Well, from their JL post: ' Our design team stuck with the 1320 for ease of manufacturing. Had they opted for the 1900 a new rotor housing would be required. The goal was to get to production ASAP. ' So, it was basically a time to market/cost decision.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Well, from their JL post: ' Our design team stuck with the 1320 for ease of manufacturing. Had they opted for the 1900 a new rotor housing would be required. The goal was to get to production ASAP. ' So, it was basically a time to market/cost decision.
i missed that. interesting. It is a smaller packaged unit, so that makes sense.
Sponsored