Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Someone enlighten me... when I had my STi and I was looking at larger turbos and/ or stage 2+ tunes, it required a larger fuel pump and bigger fuel injectors. I don’t see those in the above linked kit.

Is this because the Subaru EJ platform is not direct injection (is the 3.6L pentastar DI?)? Or just a TC v. SC thing? I wouldn’t think TC v. SC since they are doing the same thing - one just takes power from the crank and the other from exhaust gas...

Thanks for sharing the knowledge wealth!
Sponsored

Last edited:

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Someone enlighten me... when I had my STi and I was looking at larger turbos and/ or stage 2+ tunes, it required a larger fuel pump and bigger fuel injectors. I don’t see those in the above linked kit.

Is this because the Subaru EJ platform is not direct injection (is the 3.6L pentastar DI?)? Or just a TC v. SC thing? I would think TC v SC since they are doing the same thing - one just takes power from the crank and the other from exhaust gas...

Thanks for sharing the knowledge wealth!
The HP levels that most kits put out only require injectors and stock pump is enough to supply fuel.

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

We have had the Edelbrock Supercharger on our 2020 Jeep Gladiator for some time now. we have been able to test it on highway, elevation, and now the Jeep resides in Salt Lake City.

overall the supercharger is an absolute game-changer, we have always run an N/A Jeep due to no need for extra power. Boy were we wrong! The supercharger has been awesome. Back when the truck was stock, this thing can smoke some mustangs off the line and all. By no means does this truck turn into a race car but it will be a sleeper. For those who may not know what sleeper means, it's just a surprise to people when the truck takes off as quickly as it does. Right now we had the truck on 37s and later a roof rack, bed rack, and RTT from us to add more weight. What we noticed is a tiny bit of loss in MPG but it is as expected.

With 37s we ran 4.10 stock gears for awhile due to waiting times on a regear. the truck actually handled fine. By no means does a supercharger compensate for a lack of regearing. On the highway, we can be going 60-65 and hit the gas and the truck knows to drop 1 or 2 gears and launch to 80-90 in the matter of seconds (Yes that is with 37s).

We will be talking to Edelbrock today to see if we can leak the torque and power graph we have of our Jeep.

If you have any questions about the supercharger or how it performes please feel free to ask!

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Hey all,

We have had the Edelbrock Supercharger on our 2020 Jeep Gladiator for some time now. we have been able to test it on highway, elevation, and now the Jeep resides in Salt Lake City.

overall the supercharger is an absolute game-changer, we have always run an N/A Jeep due to no need for extra power. Boy were we wrong! The supercharger has been awesome. Back when the truck was stock, this thing can smoke some mustangs off the line and all. By no means does this truck turn into a race car but it will be a sleeper. For those who may not know what sleeper means, it's just a surprise to people when the truck takes off as quickly as it does. Right now we had the truck on 37s and later a roof rack, bed rack, and RTT from us to add more weight. What we noticed is a tiny bit of loss in MPG but it is as expected.

With 37s we ran 4.10 stock gears for awhile due to waiting times on a regear. the truck actually handled fine. By no means does a supercharger compensate for a lack of regearing. On the highway, we can be going 60-65 and hit the gas and the truck knows to drop 1 or 2 gears and launch to 80-90 in the matter of seconds (Yes that is with 37s).

We will be talking to Edelbrock today to see if we can leak the torque and power graph we have of our Jeep.

If you have any questions about the supercharger or how it performes please feel free to ask!
Hell fcukin YES!! Exactly what I wanted to hear. This could very well be the answer to the question of V-8 availability.

Sponsored

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I still really wanna see this SC....

We can get a picture to you by tomorrow. We have to ask Edelbrock if we are allowed to share this information, as we are obviously not Edelbrock.

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hell fcukin YES!! Exactly what I wanted to hear. This could very well be the answer to the question of V-8 availability.
Hey!

let us know your questions, We would be happy to answer. So for power numbers, I cannot give you the exact numbers yet (waiting on our rep at Edelbrock to let us know if it is a go on sharing all the information we have for you). To tease just a bit, the supercharger adds TONS of low-end power which for a Jeep is absolutely amazing. to match up with a Hemi V-8, let's just say, it does outperform a Hemi number wise and on paper. It also beats it by the price difference too.

but a Hemi is still a V-8, it is hard to beat the sound, the durability, and just the fact you got a monster under the hood of a midsized truck or SUV.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Hey!

let us know your questions, We would be happy to answer. So for power numbers, I cannot give you the exact numbers yet (waiting on our rep at Edelbrock to let us know if it is a go on sharing all the information we have for you). To tease just a bit, the supercharger adds TONS of low-end power which for a Jeep is absolutely amazing. to match up with a Hemi V-8, let's just say, it does outperform a Hemi number wise and on paper. It also beats it by the price difference too.

but a Hemi is still a V-8, it is hard to beat the sound, the durability, and just the fact you got a monster under the hood of a midsized truck or SUV.
Yeah yeah yeah @ the super charger hype. :)

I want to know it will work out of the box on my 2020 JTR AT on 37s with 4.88 gears.

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah yeah yeah @ the super charger hype. :)

I want to know it will work out of the box on my 2020 JTR AT on 37s with 4.88 gears.
It should work out of the box for all JTs. I do not see why they would make it specific to certain trims.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
Hey all,

Oh my gosh thanks for this. My uncle and I have been wanting to get a SC for a long while. We were actually set on getting Magnuson had it not been our installer not wanting to do the install until it gets CARB certified. Now that the edelbrock is at the brink of coming out, we might just switch over. I do need to do more reading on the differences first between Magnuson's larger blower compared to Edelbrock's.

Sponsored

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my gosh thanks for this. My uncle and I have been wanting to get a SC for a long while. We were actually set on getting Magnuson had it not been our installer not wanting to do the install until it gets CARB certified. Now that the Edelbrock is at the brink of coming out, we might just switch over. I do need to do more reading on the differences first between Magnuson's larger blower compared to Edelbrock's.

I do not know much of the Magnuson SC but I know that Edelbrock has been around for a very long time, they have not yet released this supercharger due to how perfect they want it to be. From what I have been told, there are 4 JTs out there with the Edelbrock SC on it. We are all testing it passively and giving feedback that way. Edelbrock has spent years perfecting this supercharger. Also, that "supercharger whine" that everyone loves, is very slight and not as noticeable on this supercharger. I thought I would want it to be loud like a Hellcat... I am so glad it is not loud. It is an awesome product and a power adder. My main point of sale on these is how the low-end power increases significantly while also keeping access to the oil filter housing. Lots of SC right now (that I have seen) do not give appropriate access to the oil filter housing meaning that getting to that means removing parts of the SC to gain access. (big deal IMO)

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Lol, make sure to tell the Edelbrock team that I'm the guy that left the verbose review on their website on 12/13/18 for their 1527 E-Force product on a 2014 JKUR installation.

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Back with some info. we got the go-ahead to leak some pictures! here is the power output graph straight from Edelbrock HQ. This is our Jeep's output stock and with the Supercharger.

Keep in mind our Gladiator is a 2020 Jeep Gladaitor Sport S with Max tow package rocking the 4.10s. Also Stock exhaust.

Edelbrock team shared with us this graph of our Jeep. Keep in mind this is POWER TO THE WHEELS. Stock power is shown with the Red lines. We thought a very important part was how the torque curve is much higher on the low end which feels really good driving this truck around town.

let us know if you have any question. We can answer them. If they are technical questions that would need to be answered by edelbrock please email [email protected]

Jeep Gladiator Edelbrock E Force coming soon. 1FDA3D77-D0A2-4965-B52E-672B5D5A3881
Jeep Gladiator Edelbrock E Force coming soon. 349BD658-2F54-4BC6-A107-22B2153CED8E

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Edelbrock shared another graph with me as well. This is the power output to the Wheel with 93 octane. Attached below.

Keep in mind, the first graph I sent (above in another post) is the power output at 91 octane.

Jeep Gladiator Edelbrock E Force coming soon. FD1F4BEC-CA23-4FB5-9FD4-F73B9E402734

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Huge bump to the band at low rpm, I bet it's amazing around town.
Sponsored