Edelbrock E Force coming soon.

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
NO, but asking 3 weeks after a detailed response from one of their team is a bit soon, is it not? 3 weeks ago they were doing the baseline on the stock JT - then it goes from there, and once they think they have it nailed, it has to be CARB certified. IF it passes, it's a go - if not......

Not stupid, but, uh, 3 weeks after they said they were just doing baseline on the stock JT seems fast for me in the middle of a CA lockdown.

The guy I know is the same person who did the research for their 4.0 Jeep performance head years ago. I'll believe him over any email response from their "help line" or marketing type.

What used to take xx months now takes double that due to staffing issues and hours reductions and their fun CA lockdowns.
It might be best to let Edelbrock speak for themselves. I was at the 2018 SEMA Show and personally spoke to the team and have followed up since I donā€™t live far from them. no idea who you are.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It might be best to let Edelbrock speak for themselves. I was at the 2018 SEMA Show and personally spoke to them And have followed up since I donā€™t live far from them. no idea who you are.
What I posted was an insider's info - directly involved.
He also helped with their 4.0 performance head.

I guess you didn't bother to read my whole first post - I contacted my inside contact at Edelbrock, I asked him - where are they with it - he gave a detailed response.
So - I've done exactly what you did - I SPOKE DIRECTLY WITH A TECH INSIDE EDELBROCK - NOT A SALES PERSON.
Dennis works in the area where this stuff is developed, tested, etc. In short, I have a good friend who works inside Edelbrock, I have his direct contact info.

So basically, my info will be as good as yours because it comes from an Edelbrock insider.

How can your info be better if I'm talking to one of their developers....... hmmm, aren't I doing what you say YOU are doing?
Please explain that........

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned

I guess you didn't bother to read my whole first post - I contacted my inside contact at Edelbrock, I asked him - where are they with it - he gave a detailed response.
So - I've done exactly what you did - I SPOKE DIRECTLY WITH A TECH INSIDE EDELBROCK - NOT A SALES PERSON.
Dennis works in the area where this stuff is developed, tested, etc. In short, I have a good friend who works inside Edelbrock, I have his direct contact info.

So basically, my info will be as good as yours because it comes from an Edelbrock insider.

How can your info be better if I'm talking to one of their developers....... hmmm, aren't I doing what you say YOU are doing?
You seem to have a lot of anger about this issue. Thatā€™s curious to me. But not curious enough for me to continue. Lol

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You seem to have a lot of anger about thus issue. Thatā€™s curious to me. But not curious enough for me to continue. Lol
No anger but baffled when you say that my info is bad, yours is better, when I also get it from an inside Edelbrock employee. In a sense, you were calling BS on my post.

I was confused when you said I basically didn't have info, you did.

So ok, you win - you have the inside scoop and my Edelbrock tech employee friend is passing bad info I can tell Dennis you said he's full of crap.
I will tell him he no longer needs to keep me up to date on it.
IT wasn't my info you questioned and said was wrong - it was his. I don't have any horse in this race, just trying to be helpful, done with that.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

So...how about now?;)

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
How bow dat!
:sun:

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
That's bunk. I was just talking to a fellow from TX who bought my Javelin - and I told him after two blown pistons I REDUCED compression from 10 to 9 because all you can buy at most stations here is 87 octane, 91 if you are lucky and look around. If you are on the road and must have high octane - hahaha, good luck. So I never run my Javelins low on fuel for fear I can't get 91 or 93 octane.
So the "basically every gas station......" is incorrect, just wrong. Sorry, last time I needed gas in my 73 377 HP 360 Javelin I had to drive several miles and pull through 4 stations to find one with 93 octane.
And no, don't even think of using E85 as a way to boost octane - granted ethanol is higher octane in itself - the E85 isn't necessarily high octane and the high alcohol content can damage some parts that aren't made for it.
To run alcohol - and a few of us have built engines for that, you need to boost the compression up to about 11:1
Interesting. Another reason I love Texas: 93 octane EVERYWHERE

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I still really wanna see this SC....

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I still really wanna see this SC....
Still waiting here, too.
Given the "small issues" Magnuson is having with JTRs, I can see why Edlebrock might be taking longer. And this is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I will have the following configuration by the time I place my order:
JTR with AT on 37s and 4.88 gears.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
I see them on the website now, but listed as out of stock

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I see them on the website now, but listed as out of stock
...and they now have posted the Installation Instructions, but still out of stock.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Anyone know what the difference is between the two kits and roughly $1100?

NVM, the higher priced kit has a tuner.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I see they specify for the 2020 JT....canā€™t imagine differences in under-hood from ā€˜20 to ā€˜21.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Also, Magnuson is a TVS R1900 and Edelbrock is a TVS R1320, which designate the amount of air volume provided by the system... 1900 vs 1320... the Magnuson moves more air.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Also, Magnuson is a TVS R1900 and Edelbrock is a TVS R1320, which designate the amount of air volume provided by the system... 1900 vs 1320... the Magnuson moves more air.
Edelbrock is typically more conservative in their performance parameters, but also more reliable than many of their competitors.
Sponsored