First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
2.5” installed. Ended up switching my tires for BFG KM3 37s. Now just waiting on my King shocks to come in. Super pleased.
44B3F689-20BF-4288-87E2-661839C0BBFD.jpeg
Looks fantastic! May I ask if you are getting the EVO Spec Kings or off-the shelf Kings? Do you happen to know the compressed/extended lengths? I assume you didn't have to lengthen the front ds?

Looking at this lift with setup of about 500-600lb constant load with rack and tent. Might have to do the 3/4" spacers in order to keep some rake.... I like rake for handling.

Thanks!
John
Sponsored

nowind

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Looks fantastic! May I ask if you are getting the EVO Spec Kings or off-the shelf Kings? Do you happen to know the compressed/extended lengths? I assume you didn't have to lengthen the front ds?

Looking at this lift with setup of about 500-600lb constant load with rack and tent. Might have to do the 3/4" spacers in order to keep some rake.... I like rake for handling.

Thanks!
John
Going with the Evo-spec Kings. I don't know the compressed/extended lengths. No need at this time for me to change the driveshaft but I think I'll end up doing it down the road. From what I've heard with my setup it might just be a matter of time.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Going with the Evo-spec Kings. I don't know the compressed/extended lengths. No need at this time for me to change the driveshaft but I think I'll end up doing it down the road. From what I've heard with my setup it might just be a matter of time.
Thanks, if by chance you get a minute to measure that's great. Can't wait to hear about the ride quality.

John

nowind

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Thanks, if by chance you get a minute to measure that's great. Can't wait to hear about the ride quality.

John
I’ll measure as soon as they get here. Hopefully soon

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Any update on what the measurements for their shocks are? I've contacted Evo, but haven't heard back. I'm wanting to go with Fox, but not sure if I should get the 2-3" or the 3.5-4" shocks. Wanting to not need an aftermarket front driveshaft.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on what the measurements for their shocks are? I've contacted Evo, but haven't heard back. I'm wanting to go with Fox, but not sure if I should get the 2-3" or the 3.5-4" shocks. Wanting to not need an aftermarket front driveshaft.
Based on my experience I would suggest the longer 3.5-4” shocks. And I have not needed a new front driveshaft and actually have 3/4” spacers on top of my EVO coils. I have wheeled it hard and have no driveshaft issues so far.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
You can run the Fox 2.0 shocks for 3.5-4" lift on the front (as long as the spring length is appropriate) without needing a new front driveshaft. They are 28.4" extended. I am using them with 3" of front lift.

nowind

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
just had them installed last week; on back order for a while. Evo specifies King shocks 2.5-5” for their 2.5” lift kit. Considering the lift gave more than 2.5”, I would go with the 3.5”-4” from Fox. I also didn’t have to change out the driveshafts.

Jeep Gladiator Evo 2.5" Lift (True Height) 5B27F290-84AA-4393-B62E-55E0CA31FD11

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Thanks for the replies! I just saw on the northridge site they have a package for the evo 2.5 and they use the 3.5-4" front and back. Based on that and your info those look to be the ones.

Last edited:

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Is it safe to assume I could run 38s with the EVO 2.5 lift? The concensus seems to be the lift is actually more like 3.5 to 4 inches if I'm reading all of this correctly.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Is it safe to assume I could run 38s with the EVO 2.5 lift? The concensus seems to be the lift is actually more like 3.5 to 4 inches if I'm reading all of this correctly.
Depends on if you wheel the truck and if its a Rubicon. If you just drive on the street and its a Rubicon (with the higher fenders) yes no problem, if wheeling in rocks then you will likely want a little more height. I added a 3/4" spacer on top of the EVO coils on my Rubicon with 37s because I hit the fenders disconnected when wheeling in rocks. I think I could run 38s now as well without issue.

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Depends on if you wheel the truck and if its a Rubicon. If you just drive on the street and its a Rubicon (with the higher fenders) yes no problem, if wheeling in rocks then you will likely want a little more height. I added a 3/4" spacer on top of the EVO coils on my Rubicon with 37s because I hit the fenders disconnected when wheeling in rocks. I think I could run 38s now as well without issue.
Good to know... thanks

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
@AngryIrishman
Jeep Gladiator Evo 2.5" Lift (True Height) 328BC48E-A33E-4FCE-BEF4-A12ED7AB31F5
it will also depend on real world height of tires you decide to go with. Not all tires measure true to size. Like I know BFGs measure short. I just put 38s on my overland with the evo lift but I also chopped the fenders for some added room during flex. The 38s on a 9 inch wide wheel measure 37 tall.

Koloradokid

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction Quality Control
If you look at my pictures these are US Rubicon fenders (I assume thats what you mean by regular rubi fenders?) with the 2.5" EVO lift. I think it looks good with my 35s. For sure would look better with 37s though. Here it is again.

Jeep Gladiator Evo 2.5" Lift (True Height) 328BC48E-A33E-4FCE-BEF4-A12ED7AB31F5

My Evo 2.5” kit just got delivered Friday. I already know I’m gonna want to go up from my 315/75/17 KO2’s once the lift is on. It’s just a matter of pacing myself in the name of budgeting...🙄

microboby

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon , TJ Rubicom , Tesla X
Here’s the Evo 2.5” with falcon shocks , it’s a very tall 2.5” . Have milestar 37’s and looks awesome . I placed an order for the lower control arms and track bars - front / back so hopefully they come soon

ps - my TJ has a 3.5” lift and looks small next to the gladiator

Jeep Gladiator Evo 2.5" Lift (True Height) 1BD6FED8-4C0A-4D9F-BD7B-3E034FFDFDD0

Jeep Gladiator Evo 2.5" Lift (True Height) 0555629E-92B1-431A-A6B1-6A95EC4B45C0
Sponsored