Sponsored

Evo Enforcer 2.5 Stage 2 Installation

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
In my opinion on a Rubicon you can make the 2.5" EVO work with 37s but wheeling I did rub a decent amount. I added 3/4" spacers on top of the coils and all was good. I have since moved to a 3.5" Clayton lift and got a little over an inch height increase over the 2.5" with 3/4" spacers and am much happier with the clearance off roading.
Ok...that is good to know. My JTR lives in Moab, so it will get some articulation love. With your 3.5" did you feel that you needed the spacers, or do you think just going to the 4.5" EVO be what would work best (no spacers of course) for offroading?
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...that is good to know. My JTR lives in Moab, so it will get some articulation love. With your 3.5" did you feel that you needed the spacers, or do you think just going to the 4.5" EVO be what would work best (no spacers of course) for offroading?
I have plenty of room with the 3.5" Clayton. I took the spacers out and could now run 38-39" tires without rubbing off road. I love the look of the 3.5" with 37s though.

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
I have plenty of room with the 3.5" Clayton. I took the spacers out and could now run 38-39" tires without rubbing off road. I love the look of the 3.5" with 37s though.
That's what I wanted to hear. I pulled the trigger on a Metal Cloak 3.5" Game Changer with Rock Sport shocks. Now I need to find who has Nitto Trail Grapplers in stock... it appears there is a national backorder on them.

Thank you very much for your input!

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I wanted to hear. I pulled the trigger on a Metal Cloak 3.5" Game Changer with Rock Sport shocks. Now I need to find who has Nitto Trail Grapplers in stock... it appears there is a national backorder on them.

Thank you very much for your input!
Happy to help. Have you checked out the Ridge Grapplers? They have the look and most of the functionality of the trail grapplers with a better and quieter highway ride. Here is a pic of my JTR on the 3.5” and 37s.

80608925-6D7A-4CB0-8F5A-88F06F5D48C6.jpeg

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happy to help. Have you checked out the Ridge Grapplers? They have the look and most of the functionality of the trail grapplers with a better and quieter highway ride. Here is a pic of my JTR on the 3.5” and 37s.

Jeep Gladiator Evo Enforcer 2.5 Stage 2 Installation 80608925-6D7A-4CB0-8F5A-88F06F5D48C6
Yep... that's the look I want :) 3.5" FTW :rock:! Yes, my eye is on Ridge Grapplers as well. But my rig lives in Moab and I want maximum strength on the rubber, so I am leaning more towards Trail Grapplers. But those RGs are on back order too :( My rig will be used primarily for overland style riding to cool places to camp and enjoy in southeastern Utah and western CO. It won't be a crawler and I won't have it visit places like Cliffhanger. I just want it to go through level 6 trails and below without having to worry about the scrapes I have been getting with my stock Rubi. My analysis and talking to Gladiator owners last week at Jeep Safari evinced that 3.5" + 37s is more than good enough to cover the breakover and departure angle. The look of your rig is sweet and that seems will work well on my MC lift with 37s.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Yep... that's the look I want :) 3.5" FTW :rock:! Yes, my eye is on Ridge Grapplers as well. But my rig lives in Moab and I want maximum strength on the rubber, so I am leaning more towards Trail Grapplers. But those RGs are on back order too :( My rig will be used primarily for overland style riding to cool places to camp and enjoy in southeastern Utah and western CO. It won't be a crawler and I won't have it visit places like Cliffhanger. I just want it to go through level 6 trails and below without having to worry about the scrapes I have been getting with my stock Rubi. My analysis and talking to Gladiator owners last week at Jeep Safari evinced that 3.5" + 37s is more than good enough to cover the breakover and departure angle. The look of your rig is sweet and that seems will work well on my MC lift with 37s.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes, the terrain drives the tire selection for sure. I had Trail Grapplers on a past Jeep and really liked them as well, just were a little noisier than the Ridge Grapplers. I have been happy with the angles and capabilities with the 37s and the 3.5" lift. IT will get a good test this weekend at Rausch Creek and in about a month at the TN Jeep Jamboree.

haze521

First Name
haz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
e commerce
Vehicle Showcase
I did notice the front settled a bit so you probably won't end up at 4" of lift in the front. It dropped a little after a few weeks and after adding a winch I am down to about 3 1/2" of lift. I also don't see any issues with spring bowing but maybe that is because the height has settled a bit. As for brake lines, I would suggest replacing them. The braided lines are much better and since you will be flexing more with the taller lift you don't want to accidentally pinch a factory rubber brake line. They don't seem to be longer just stronger. Its worth the extra hour it takes to swap out your factory lines.

As for instructions, I am probably not a good one to look to. I am guilty of only consulting instructions if I get stuck. I felt that the lift went on relatively without issue. There are always a few minor challenges along the way though.

My one comment on the kits is that I don't like the EVO rubber bushings and may replace the links with a better set using more legit bushings. I also am planning to replace the bolts that go in the rear driveshaft spacer with longer ones. It seems that with the spacer that the bolts don't have much thread holding it up.
hey there thanks for the info, I'm about to install the EVO 2.5" on my Gladiator, just waiting for the metalcloak trackbars I ordered to arrive. the rear driveshaft spacer you mention did it come with your kit? or you got that separately and is it required for this lift? mine doesn't seem to have that, I got the overland stage 4 with all control arms and CA drop brackets. thank you.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
hey there thanks for the info, I'm about to install the EVO 2.5" on my Gladiator, just waiting for the metalcloak trackbars I ordered to arrive. the rear driveshaft spacer you mention did it come with your kit? or you got that separately and is it required for this lift? mine doesn't seem to have that, I got the overland stage 4 with all control arms and CA drop brackets. thank you.
mine included it. I bought the kit from Northridge and it was included. I did buy the kit as a stage 2 though and added other components later.

haze521

First Name
haz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
e commerce
Vehicle Showcase
mine included it. I bought the kit from Northridge and it was included. I did buy the kit as a stage 2 though and added other components later.
got it, thanks

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I appreciate all of the posts with measurements. It helped me decide on my lift.

Has anyone installed this kit with the ecodiesel? I just ordered the 2.5 HD kit for my Overland. I will be running some 37” Toyo RT’s on a set of Warn Moonsault wheels. I already have a front and rear adjustable trackbar, Fox shocks for the 3 1/2-4” lift, along with drop brackets for the front lowers.

I also have the Mopar stubby bumper with a winch. Since I have non Rubicon fenders I am wondering if I should include a 1” spacer in the front to help compensate for the weight of the winch and a 1/2” spacer in the rear for a bit more clearance with my fenders. Thoughts?
Sponsored