Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Hello All,
Looking to put on an aftermarket exhaust. Looking for some throaty sound with no drone. Looking at AWE Tread, AFE Apollo and B2 Fabrication. The AFE and B2 are 409 Stainless and AWE is 304L Stainless. Any input, advice or discount hook ups are appreciated.
Sponsored

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I did a lot of research when I was looking to replace the Mopar Performance Exhaust my Gladiator came with. I was looking for something very quiet with a little growl to it. Apologies for not having any feedback on the exhausts you mentioned, but dont ignore the dynomax quiet crawler. I got it through RockAuto for something like 450 to my door (cheapest I could find). Its 409 SS and comes with everything needed to install it. I think some kits might come with a new clamp at the front, but I had to buy one separate for 15 bucks on amazon. Its one of the cheapest options, sounds great, and fits awesome.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I'm getting ready to order the AWE Trail exhaust.

AWE is running a sale 15% off til the 29th

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I went the cheap route and had my middle suitcase muffler cut out and replaced with a straight pipe. Throaty? Not so much. But I like it. My primary goal was just to make my exhaust just loud enough to hear as I find aural cues make driving manuals easier.

Quiet enough for around town and no drone. Gotta a nice ring to it... but nobody is going to mistake it for a v8. You can find videos of the pentastar with multiple different levels of muffler/resonator delete online and straight piped the engine would sound more at home in a Japanese sports car than a truck.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Looking for some throaty sound with no drone.
I hate to be that guy who completely ignores your topic, but ...

I was 100% set on getting an exhaust for for my JT. Like you, I wanted a little more 'growl' without any drone, especially since this is my family road trip vehicle.

Instead of an exhaust, I ended up with the Mopar Performance Intake part number 77072433AC, but I only installed the top half of the air box and the intake tube, and I use the stock air filter with it. It adds a little intake noise across the board, but a fairly loud/aggressive throaty growl when you are 'on it'. A few of my car guy friends have even commented on how good it sounds.

Just something to consider.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I have to agree with JacO4, the Mopar CAI with out cutting the hood, and although I am using the supplied Mopar high performance air filter it is still a basically stock
just deeper filter , but it sounds great when getting on it , and as in a exhaust upgrade don’t expect a big improvement or any at all in MPG. The Mopar CAI gets lumped in with all the CAI open ones and the oiled ones , but it is different as it is basically the same as stock including the front air intake in grill. The intake pipe is huge, all the resonators are gone and under hood looks so much more open. Everyone says it makes no difference, but when comparing to factory the pipe is about twice the size. It is like sucking a thick milk shake through a big straw instead of a small one less work for more shake😂!…..Jack

Last edited:

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
B2 Fabrication sucks. I have a B2 exhaust laying in the dirt behind my shed. My recommendation is anything but a B2 exhaust. I replaced the B2 with a Corsa Sport Dump after less than a week. The B2 Fabrication drone was so bad it gave me a headache, I even emailed the owner before I purchased and he said it had very little drone, I believed it, there's one born every minute, yeah I'm a sucker. The B2 bends were tight and wrinkled. The Corsa has much bigger radius bends and absolutely no wrinkles, nice and smooth. No comparison in quality, Corsa wins hands down. Slight drone with Corsa just over 2k rpm with a load, very acceptable.

Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I hate to be that guy who completely ignores your topic, but ...

I was 100% set on getting an exhaust for for my JT. Like you, I wanted a little more 'growl' without any drone, especially since this is my family road trip vehicle.

Instead of an exhaust, I ended up with the Mopar Performance Intake part number 77072433AC, but I only installed the top half of the air box and the intake tube, and I use the stock air filter with it. It adds a little intake noise across the board, but a fairly loud/aggressive throaty growl when you are 'on it'. A few of my car guy friends have even commented on how good it sounds.

Just something to consider.
I also have the Mopar Performance Intake and it's ok. I never considered it an aggressive throaty growl, but hey that's subjective to each individual. The exhaust definitely made the biggest difference. I wanted some audio feed back with my manual transmission, hence the intake and exhaust. Happy with my setup, but there's a lot of good stuff out there, some better some worse. My combo intake/exhaust is, Mopar Performance Intake, Fastman ported and half shaft throttle body, Corsa Sport Dump exhaust. Loud enough to satisfy my sound input for the manual transmission, quite enough I drive all day without fatigue.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
DITTO on TroutfishinginAmerica.. B2 has a DRONE between 2K and 2400 rpm.. I'll be going with AWE next spring if AWE does the Free installs at Carlisle Pa, like they did last year .. if not I plan to do the 60s/70s and BEAT a LARGE DENT into the muffler.. see if that changes the damn drone.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No feedback on the systems you mention but I love my Borla Climber S Type. It dumps behind the axle and tucks up mostly out of harms way. Sounds good - not too loud but let’s me shift the manual trans by ear.

OP
OP
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Law Enforcement
DITTO on TroutfishinginAmerica.. B2 has a DRONE between 2K and 2400 rpm.. I'll be going with AWE next spring if AWE does the Free installs at Carlisle Pa, like they did last year .. if not I plan to do the 60s/70s and BEAT a LARGE DENT into the muffler.. see if that changes the damn drone.
The AWE does sound good on video clips. I was hoping they would have a better Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale prices.
Sponsored