Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
Jumping back to the rear fogs.
I spoke with someone from Tazer over the weekend (didn't catch their name) and they are going to look into being able to enable/activate the rear fogs. They've seen it in the BCM, just never added it as a user feature.

Also got my harness in (68349976AC) - this harness is for the license plate lights only (no parksense sensors), which was already confirmed in this thread that it's the same plug for the rear fogs. It has a 90 degree bend to it but it's just a plastic clip so it comes off if you want. It will fit into the rear fog light either way...

This is the only body harness I'm going to pin it to just incase the rear bumper ever needs to come off. This is my existing rear bumper harness, which is mounted/connected on the frame right near the exhaust. For US models, it will be pinned as follows.

pin1: LICENSE PLATE LAMP DRIVER
pin2: empty
pin3: empty
pin4: GROUND

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8209

I went ahead and grounded the rear fogs then pinned them into the existing bumper harness.
So now it is pinned as follows:

pin2: FOG RR LAMP FEED 2
pin3: REAR FOG LAMP FEED
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8210

That was the easy part. From here, I pinned the other side of the harness and ran it all the way up through the passenger firewall near the BCM.

Now I just need to wire them to the BCM as follows
pin2 from rear bumper harness(FOG RR LAMP FEED 2) --> pin 39 on BCM C5/E
pin3 from rear bumper harness( REAR FOG LAMP FEED) --> pin 5 on BCM C6/F

I went ahead and bought the BCM harness's off eBay because I could not for the life of me find the corrects pin size. This came off a 2015 grand cherokee but there are 40+ models that I found that share this same BCM. Example - he's sending me the 7 harnesses with cut wires:
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator bcmsss.PNG

Once those harnesses come in and I hear from Tazer about adding that feature, I will let you know if all our knowledge paid off! haha
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hbfieldii

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USAF Firefighter
Jumping back to the rear fogs.
I spoke with someone from Tazer over the weekend (didn't catch their name) and they are going to look into being able to enable/activate the rear fogs. They've seen it in the BCM, just never added it as a user feature.

Also got my harness in (68349976AC) - this harness is for the license plate lights only (no parksense sensors), which was already confirmed in this thread that it's the same plug for the rear fogs. It has a 90 degree bend to it but it's just a plastic clip so it comes off if you want. It will fit into the rear fog light either way...

This is the only body harness I'm going to pin it to just incase the rear bumper ever needs to come off. This is my existing rear bumper harness, which is mounted/connected on the frame right near the exhaust. For US models, it will be pinned as follows.

pin2: empty
pin3: empty

IMG_8209.jpg

I went ahead and grounded the rear fogs then pinned them into the existing bumper harness.
So now it is pinned as follows:

pin2: FOG RR LAMP FEED 2
pin3: REAR FOG LAMP FEED
IMG_8210.jpg

That was the easy part. From here, I pinned the other side of the harness and ran it all the way up through the passenger firewall near the BCM.

Now I just need to wire them to the BCM as follows
pin2 from rear bumper harness(FOG RR LAMP FEED 2) --> pin 39 on BCM C5/E
pin3 from rear bumper harness( REAR FOG LAMP FEED) --> pin 5 on BCM C6/F

I went ahead and bought the BCM harness's off eBay because I could not for the life of me find the corrects pin size. This came off a 2015 grand cherokee but there are 40+ models that I found that share this same BCM. Example - he's sending me the 7 harnesses with cut wires:
bcmsss.PNG

Once those harnesses come in and I hear from Tazer about adding that feature, I will let you know if all our knowledge paid off! haha
jScan already has that feature to turn on the rear fog. You push the button once front dogs activate, push it again rears turn on, push again rears turn off, and finally one more push turns front fogs off. That according to the lights on the dash that light up.

Edit: it’s a one time flash and done with JScan.

Hbfieldii

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USAF Firefighter
So I tested out the light. So without any rewiring they will work as a brake and turn signal in only the upper portion of the tail light. The Amber I still need to figure out how to get that one to work.
These light will be forsale shortly since I ordered the ones and these are not the ones with the Blind spot and I won’t be able to swap it over.
But already love how they look.
lit was -10 today so I had to find a parking garage to just test fit and do them. The lack of having anywhere to work on my truck, besides being out doors and my work schedule is being a consistent delay on progressing all all these export projects. But rest assured I will get them all wired up and working like OEM.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1610419273417
I decided to go the Quake LED route instead of euro spec. But when I installed them (I went from halogen to quake led) I not only had to activate my led over halogen. But also I went it and had to go change from US Spec tails to Euro tails. Which stopped my blinker and brake flashing together. Other wise I didn’t do and rewiring. I know it’s different then factory but worth a shot be fore changing wiring up.
I used JScan for my setting adjustments

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
View attachment 126996
jScan already has that feature to turn on the rear fog. You push the button once front dogs activate, push it again rears turn on, push again rears turn off, and finally one more push turns front fogs off. That according to the lights on the dash that light up.

Edit: it’s a one time flash and done with JScan.
My issue is that I already have the tazer, if I can avoid having to invest $$ into JSCAN as well, that would be nice.

Sponsored

Penecalea

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
So good news and bad news. Good news is my tail lights finally showed up. Bad news is I messed up and ordered export tail lights without the blind spot. I mixed up the numbers when I ordered them and didn’t notice. I’m hoping I can figure a way to transfer the blind spot modules over to them.

JTRUBI. How much are you selling them for ?

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Gentlemen....... we DID IT! Fogs are wired to BCM and work like OE!!

1st click: Front fogs on

2nd click: Front and Rear fogs on

3rd click: Front fogs only again

4th click: all off

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8247
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8252

Sponsored

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@mjoneil, oh wow, excellent work man! - thanks for your help in piecing together the process for us!
It was awesome actually seeing it work once wired up haha, and it's a thanks to everyone on the thread that chipped in!

Did you use your Tazer or did you get JSCAN?
I had my buddy add a vin for $20 on the JSCAN for now. I spoke with TAZER over the weekend again and he is currently working on getting it added from the sounds of it.

Dadzo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator North Edition
Occupation
Director of IT Services (Retired)
@mjoneil Thank you for your persistence and systematic methodology. Would it be possible to compile and compress the “recipe” and “ingredients with part numbers” along with sources into a document that can be harmed with and used by your fellow forum members?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but we would all be indebted to you for slaying this dragon! All Hail @mjoneil!!

Hbfieldii

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USAF Firefighter

So did it just come down to adding those two wires to the plug side of the BCM and running them down to the rear fogs?

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So did it just come down to adding those two wires to the plug side of the BCM and running them down to the rear fogs?
correct!
@mjoneil Thank you for your persistence and systematic methodology. Would it be possible to compile and compress the “recipe” and “ingredients with part numbers” along with sources into a document that can be harmed with and used by your fellow forum members?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but we would all be indebted to you for slaying this dragon! All Hail @mjoneil!!
I was actually working on one while I waited for the pins! It's a lot to read but let me know if any changes are needed

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/write-up-for-adding-euro-spec-rear-fogs.39373/

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link