First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I am ready to get this done. Selfish I know but a consolidated recipe would be very cool - and I appreciate you have other better things to do. But I am definitely figuring this one out. Thank you!
Sponsored

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
awesome man. Can’t wait to finally get this all finished up.
Haha now if you figure out the rear tail lights let me know. Waiting on my replacements to come in.
I think my taillights should be in by the weekend, gonna try to mess around with them and hopefully have some positive results.

I am ready to get this done. Selfish I know but a consolidated recipe would be very cool - and I appreciate you have other better things to do. But I am definitely figuring this one out. Thank you!
hopefully we can have something for you by this weekend

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
geez, that fast? Are yours with blind spot ? I got one light in for new ones with the blind spot but the other is back ordered right now with no ETA. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long. They look so good on it.

I think my taillights should be in by the weekend, gonna try to mess around with them and hopefully have some positive results.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
geez, that fast? Are yours with blind spot ? I got one light in for new ones with the blind spot but the other is back ordered right now with no ETA. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long. They look so good on it.
no BSM and hopefully I ordered the right ones haha

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...

No rush! You are saving me a ton thank you!

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well taillights are in, BCM is pinned, working with the JSCAN and i'm currently stumped. There's two settings in JSCAN that I mainly played with.

1. "Rear Turn Lamps Output Present" - the tip tells you pin E3 and F42 - which is how I wired them in the BCM currently. When you activate this, it changes nothing, the top portion of the taillight still acts as the brake and the turn signal, nothing on the bottom.

2. "Combined Rear Lighting" - This was active and I deactivated it and I got power to the bottom amber turn signals but it's just a quick hyperflash and for every 7-8 ticks on the directional, you get 1 flash out of the amber ones. With this deactivated, the top was my brake and did not act as a turn, which is what we want, just not the hyperflash.

I've messed with every setting I can think of relating to the taillights. I'm not sure if there's some combination of them needing to be activated and deactivated but I can't figure it out. I'll work on it tomorrow but if anyone has ideas.... i'll try anything.

@JTRUBI - if you get a chance, take a pic of your US LED tail harness... I want to see how many wires are in there. I don't have BSM so I want to see the difference. I guess my curiosity is how many wires are coming from the BSM module.
EDIT: NEVERMIND - Found that pin 6,9,10,11,12 on the taillight is all for BSM. Which is good... was hoping no extra wires were needed for the EURO models.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Well taillights are in, BCM is pinned, working with the JSCAN and i'm currently stumped. There's two settings in JSCAN that I mainly played with.

1. "Rear Turn Lamps Output Present" - the tip tells you pin E3 and F42 - which is how I wired them in the BCM currently. When you activate this, it changes nothing, the top portion of the taillight still acts as the brake and the turn signal, nothing on the bottom.

2. "Combined Rear Lighting" - This was active and I deactivated it and I got power to the bottom amber turn signals but it's just a quick hyperflash and for every 7-8 ticks on the directional, you get 1 flash out of the amber ones. With this deactivated, the top was my brake and did not act as a turn, which is what we want, just not the hyperflash.

I've messed with every setting I can think of relating to the taillights. I'm not sure if there's some combination of them needing to be activated and deactivated but I can't figure it out. I'll work on it tomorrow but if anyone has ideas.... i'll try anything.

@JTRUBI - if you get a chance, take a pic of your US LED tail harness... I want to see how many wires are in there. I don't have BSM so I want to see the difference. I guess my curiosity is how many wires are coming from the BSM module.
EDIT: NEVERMIND - Found that pin 6,9,10,11,12 on the taillight is all for BSM. Which is good... was hoping no extra wires were needed for the EURO models.
Hey sorry just got home from work. Do you have halogen tailights as your standard tail lights or did you have the Led package? That might be the reason for the hyper flash, the lack of a load resistor.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey sorry just got home from work. Do you have halogen tailights as your standard tail lights or did you have the Led package? That might be the reason for the hyper flash, the lack of a load resistor.
No worries and yeah I had halogens but I upgraded to US LEDs months ago and those have been working fine. The US and EU LEDs without BSM both have the same exact wire setup too.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
getting closer.... I think. I just need to figure out how to get this setting to ON.

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1611301164458

I can toggle it via modules > body controller > activations and it works fine, no short or anything. I can power it so the amber light is always on or toggle it for 5 flashes. Once I find this setting somewhere in this jscan app, we should be 100%

Sponsored

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just a little preview while I finish working the kinks out with Jscan. Still get some hyperblinking.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just a little preview while I finish working the kinks out with Jscan. Still get some hyperblinking.
Looks great man.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So one of the pages I follow on Instagram recently posted a picture of their Gladiators they have. Australian spec. And they posted two gauges cluster pictures and I noticed something we don’t have on North American versions.
It has a rear seat passenger indicator on them. When asking about the picture they advised me that it is due to the fact that there are no passengers in the rear seats.
See the top right hand of the gauge cluster.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 028A6CA6-64F0-4F12-8632-1023B7C99954
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 49EEFD16-D5A6-4FE3-8A3E-3E1FF5523CF5

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
That's interesting, looks like something that can be selected in the cluster setup menu too, like you might be able to assign it to any position. I wonder what the purpose of having that info on the dash is? a regulatory requirement?

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That's interesting, looks like something that can be selected in the cluster setup menu too, like you might be able to assign it to any position. I wonder what the purpose of having that info on the dash is? a regulatory requirement?
I think it might be regulatory so people don’t forget babies or children in the back seat.
Sponsored