Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Who has the factory sprayed Bedliner? Would you do it again OR would you skip it and have Line-X/Rhino do it instead?

Price wise; they are about the same. With the factory one, it can be rolled into the loan.
Mopar is $500
Rhino is $450
Line-X is $400 (under rail)
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Mine has the factory bed liner. It seems a little thinner than the Line-X that I had on my previous truck. I bought my JTR off the lot instead of ordering it. I found one with everything I wanted on it.
If I were to order another one, knowing what I know now, I would probably not order the bed liner.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Factory one here ands it looks great. Mines definitely not thin! Love that it's part of the factory build.
I would for sure do it again. No complaints at all except the holes being sprayed over vs plugged first. Hope they finally corrected this by now.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Mine came with the factory spray in bed liner. I’m pretty happy with it, I use the bed quite a bit and haven’t had any issues with the thickness of the coat. The line-x I had done to my tundra is about the same in durability if not better. I remember in the tundra I had a few places that got chunked up after throwing tools in there.

Is it worth saving $50-100 that you would have to pay out of pocket/not financed, and then have to take it somewhere and drop it off and leave it? Definitely not.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
why can’t the lineX be done as part of the loan? Lots of dealers do it

Sponsored

OP
OP
wvuviv30

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
why can’t the lineX be done as part of the loan? Lots of dealers do it
Direct from Line-X is $400... If its through the Dealer, it's an up-sell for them and they charge $600. (from my dealers)

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Direct from Line-X is $400... If its through the Dealer, it's an up-sell for them and they charge $600. (from my dealers)

This is similar to katzkin... the local place will charge you and the dealer 1399, but if you pay the dealer as the middle man they up charge you at least $400.

Breyton

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2020 KTM Super Duke R, 2015 991
Happy with mine. Would have ordered again. The hard top, not so much.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mine has the factory bed liner and I have had it for 20 months with no issues at all. Seems plenty durable for my needs.

If I were throwing really heavy tools or gear in the bed constantly that could potentially damage it, I'd probably go Line-X. For my occasional lumber, mulch bags etc, the factory liner is perfect.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have the factory spray-in bedliner and factory installed trail rails. I would definitely do it that way again. Bought in July 2019, and have no issues with it.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
This is similar to katzkin... the local place will charge you and the dealer 1399, but if you pay the dealer as the middle man they up charge you at least $400.
i guess that’s dealer specific.
every dealer I’ve ever dealt with was willing to take an invoice on various parts and add it to the loan provided they didn’t have to deal with the logistics of the process

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I have the factory. It is thinner than aftermarket for sure. Plus I would of had then put GLADIATOR on the top of the back wall. I seen it once but now I cant ever find the photo online.

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Mine came with the factory spray in bed liner. I’m pretty happy with it, I use the bed quite a bit and haven’t had any issues with the thickness of the coat. The line-x I had done to my tundra is about the same in durability if not better. I remember in the tundra I had a few places that got chunked up after throwing tools in there.

Is it worth saving $50-100 that you would have to pay out of pocket/not financed, and then have to take it somewhere and drop it off and leave it? Definitely not.
I had the same experience with my Tundra. It had the semi gloss coat and showed wear and tear a little more. Stuff slid around all over. I also do not like to leave my rig at any shop - including dealership.
Factory one here ands it looks great. Mines definitely not thin! Love that it's part of the factory build.
I would for sure do it again. No complaints at all except the holes being sprayed over vs plugged first. Hope they finally corrected this by now.
Exactly this! I would do the factory option again. Only complaint is they spray over the holes and should be plugged first.