Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well, since mine is a manual Rubicon, is it at least "max tow" for manual Gladiators? All the other manual gladiators have a lower towing capacity than the Rubicon Manuals do. It tows more than the other manuals, just less than most of the automatics (except Rubicon and Mojave auto). I want a badge that says Max Tow, but with an asterisk*.
I hope you guys know I did that just for the goof. No way I would ride around with a silly homemade sticker on my truck.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Next time you steal one of my pics for your "post" at least pick a better one where you don't see my reflection in the tailgate. :facepalm:
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ didnā€™t notice you crouched down to get the perfect shot of your new sticker.

Oh, I thought you were leaving your Min Tow sticker on there.

I guess youā€™re right, that one doesnā€™t match the Rubicon sticker very well. Did you order one with same font and red outline then?šŸ¤”

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Since your were creeping so hard through my pics, then you know I have a JTR. Your ridiculous hood is the inspiration of my goof. You sport guys are so quick to defend your entry level trim. The fact that jeep engineers did not even put a trailer brake in your "Tow" vehicle should tell you how seriously to take it. That extra 700 lbs capacity, oh my the possibilies. Bottom line, in the world of towing the Gladiator is a joke.

Easy now, I am just handing back what you are dishing out. Obviously you canā€™t take it.

Really who cares what trim you have if you like it great. I am not defending my purchase, I could buy a Rubicon if I wanted one, I just donā€™t see the point. Many of us ā€œSportā€ guys have purchased a sport for the same reason.

Iā€™ve had a Rubicon, and I used the lockers and sway bar DC a few times in 3 years. The sway bar DC quit working, fixed under warranty $700.00. The rear locker sensor had issues two different times. The rear locker would engage On its own. Flashing lights on the dash and wouldnā€™t unlock until the dealer replaced the sensor under warranty, $900.00 each time.

This time I didnā€™t want those issues and the inflated price wasnā€™t worth it. I bought mine October 2019 and price difference sport s Max Tow vs Rubicon was $12,000. I can build a lot of Jeep JT for that kind of cash if I want too.

The Rubicon is good for people that;
1- like the sticker, lots of soccer Momā€™s drive them... and Soccer Dadā€™s and they NEVER, take them off road.
2- people that donā€™t want to take the time to build a JT with the best parts and just want to go off road and have things replaced as they break them.
3- enjoy some mild off roading and like the way the Rubicon looks... just the way it is... nothing to prove.

All, good, I get it, to each their own.

For me the Rubicon is a great out of the box wheeler but it comes with a name that inflates the price, kind of like a ā€œlimitedā€ model for other vehicles.

Some of us donā€™t want the ā€œlimitedā€ version of the JT. Some of us would rather use the extra Jeep Rubicon ā€œ cash for better aftermarket parts.OR we just need a non Rock Crawler rig for everyday use.

Your Rubicon comes with
1- lockers that are prone to fail if you actually rock crawl, or can fail even during daily driving use like 99% of Rubicon owners do.
2- The Fox shocks you pay a premium for (they look pretty) are just mass produced for Jeep. There are so many better aftermarket shocks for the JT, I think itā€™s a waste to pay for Jeepā€™s Fox Shocks. I like Fox and their aftermarket shocks are the same or better and cost less.
3- the sway bar dc is a failure waiting to happen. Luckily after market like EVO manufacturing has a fix, at a price for it.
4- almost everyone that gets the Rubicon replaces wheels and tires... sells their take offs for $1000 or less. You paid a premium for those from Jeep.
5- 4:1 T-case is descent but unless you are rock crawling you donā€™t need it.
6- the steel bumpers and bed guards are ok for those that do some mild off roading but hit some rocks and they get bashed to hell. Most that actually do rock crawl will replace stock steel bumpers and bed corner guards you paid a premium for from Jeep.
7- the fancy hood does look nice but the vents arenā€™t functional. I can add the same vents to my sport hood for $60.00
8- the rocker guards on the JT Rubicon are a pinch seem body attached joke. another premium Jeep item you paid for. Most people that do any real off roading will replace these too.
9- the 8.5ā€ screen again a premium Jeep priced item does have the off road pages which is nice. The aftermarket already has much better options available now and with off road pages as well.
10- so you go 37ā€™s on your Rubicon. Now you need to add some gears, stronger axles and beef the 44ā€™s up if you are really going to rock crawl. Of course you will probably want 40ā€ tires for crawling as the break over angle and departure angle need that size tire to really work for rock crawling.
11- speaking of shine, better decide thatā€™s not important to you ... you know if you really are going to go Rock Crawling in a JT. That bed has a lot of sheet metal that wonā€™t last long on tight rock strewn trails.

-Ohhh, so you have a rig for Rock Crawling donā€™t you?

So all the limited stuff on your gladiator ā€œRubicon ā€œ is for the first choice I stated at the beginning, Soccer Dad! šŸ˜

For me the Max Tow is perfect. For some reason that seems to drive you and people like you crazy (I am not including all the normal Rubicon owners that donā€™t have to be so defensive about their purchase).

The Max Tow is a pickup that does everything I need it to do and it does it very well.

My Max Tow JT is a convertible doors off Jeep that has the same gears and axle width that you have. I just paid a lot less than you because I donā€™t need the ā€œlimited ā€œ version of a JT. I am not Rock Crawling this Jeep. I Tow with it, daily drive it, pick stuff up for projects for my house, carry my mountain bikes to the trails and go camping with it.

If I decide to
1- put 37ā€™s on Iā€™ll re-gear and put ARB lockers in the axles with new stronger axle shafts etc. (ARB much stronger than Jeep e-lockers)
2- if I want to, Iā€™ll add LED lights. Actually I am going to do that.
3- bumpers and winch, yes aftermarket will take care of that better than stock Rubicon stuff. You know that though because you already replaced your front bumper.
4- Frame mounted rocker guards
5- Rock Crawler or Metal Cloak Game changer suspension with premium external res. Adjustable Shocks.

Etc... Etc...

If I want to buy a rubicon hood and have it painted to match, I will.

If I want to put Rubicon stickers on my Max Tow I would... but again that is not me. Remember I didnā€™t want the Rubicon?

So... wow... long explanation, but people like you sometimes need the whole novel since you think you are the only ones that write. šŸ¤”šŸ˜

Us ā€œSport guysā€ as you call us donā€™t need to defend our purchase like you seem to have a need to do.

We can say we purchased based on our needs.whether that be for a sense of fiscal responsibility, we need just a truck and realize the JT is not a good Rock Crawler, we need to tow... MAX TOW ( thatā€™s for you since it just makes you šŸ„œs). Oh I am sure there are lots of reasons us ā€œSport Guysā€ šŸ¤” there are ā€œSports Girls too BTWā€ bought what we did for good reason.

Go enjoy your Rubicon, and if you do add a Min Tow to your hood Us Sport peeps wonā€™t judge or care a bit.

Have a great weekend... Sport! šŸ¤£

Last edited:

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Oh, forgot about your trailer brake comment.

Jeep has the harness all set plug and play. I donā€™t want Jeeps factory trailer brake, I will use REDARC as I have used in my 1 Ton diesel trucks previously.

Again, that aftermarket thing seems to trip you up. Jeeps trailer brake control is another example of something I did not want from the factory. Premium price, lose a charging port and aftermarket has a much better offering.

Does that make sense to you? Probably not, have a good night... Sport!

Please feel free to hit that ignore button for me.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You deleted your angry post. That is priceless!

Here it is in case everyone missed it.

Usethis83 said:
Since your were creeping so hard through my pics, then you know I have a JTR. Your ridiculous hood is the inspiration of my goof. You sport guys are so quick to defend your entry level trim. The fact that jeep engineers did not even put a trailer brake in your "Tow" vehicle should tell you how seriously to take it. That extra 700 lbs capacity, oh my the possibilies. Bottom line, in the world of towing the Gladiator is a joke.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Here is my friend Robynā€™s Sahara JKU, code name ā€œShot Crawlerā€. She is a professional photographer, and this Jeep started pretty tame, until a friend of hers wanted to use the Jeep in a country music video. Iā€™ll have to find out which video it was in. A Jeep fab shop truck drove up to her house to set her Jeep up for the video. This is what it ended up looking like after some wrenching. . Although I am not a big fan of the Grumper, I do love her Jeep! And the name she gave her Jeep!

AC19AA0A-C0EF-4D5C-8A0C-6D5434838A34.jpeg

E6311BDD-4A1C-41B0-AFFA-D98F48943D2C.png

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I think my hood sticker is pretty cool, and Jeep should have put one on the Max Tow and made it a special package. Added a picture of my JKUHR. Those cut fenders cane from Robynā€™s Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Fake trim levels? 4DA1D62F-B515-42AD-940D-2521DD3A3F0C

C51DF7A0-C9A7-47E5-B877-8DFFB6C1E11B.jpeg

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I hope you guys know I did that just for the goof. No way I would ride around with a silly homemade sticker on my truck.
Understood. Just joshing. This is all in good fun for me. I have a Rubicon just like you. I bought a rubicon because 1) I don't need to tow 7650 lbs. The vehicle I'm towing is only 2000 lbs and 2) I wanted a turnkey vehicle for the local off-road parks. I've modified plenty of cars in my day. This time I wanted to keep my warranty fully intact and still be ready to hit the trails.

It's my policy not to hate on any Wrangler, Gladiator, or built XJ Cherokee. They all get the jeep wave.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
A Jeep bragging about towing is like a catfish that walks on land. It might be doing something better than others of it's kind, but it's not meant to be doing that and it's not winning any land speed records.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Im toying with the idea of swapping out my Mojave hood/cowl with stock Sport parts. The Mojave hood is like the fake Rubicon sticker. Pure vanity item.
Plus it weights far more than the sport hood! Since Mojave mission is going fast over rough terrain moving weight off the front wheels is always a good thing.
Sponsored