Sponsored

Fake trim levels?

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Was out on a group drive once when we came up on another group with a Wrangler trying to get past an obstacle holding up the line. We watched as this Wrangler kept struggling to get up a pretty easy climb when we noticed it said Rubicon on its hood. We all yelled out "are both lockers on?" After asking several times the driver said he doesn't have a front locker, we replied "but you have a Rubicon" he said it's just the hood. Everyone in our group started silently laughing. I felt bad for the dude.
Sponsored

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
AMG and M up-badgers are the worst though.
Lol right. I laugh every time I see a Merc AMG then look to the right of the trunk to see a 550 or 650. The poor soul went through the trouble to look cool with the AMG badge and forgot to remove the 0. šŸ˜†

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Was out on a group drive once when we came up on another group with a Wrangler trying to get past an obstacle holding up the line. We watched as this Wrangler kept struggling to get up a pretty easy climb when we noticed it said Rubicon on its hood. We all yelled out "are both lockers on?" After asking several times the driver said he doesn't have a front locker, we replied "but you have a Rubicon" he said it's just the hood. Everyone in our group started silently laughing. I felt bad for the dude.
If I had a non Rubicon and upgraded the hood I would definitely delete the badge.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Iā€™d feel sorry for him on an easy climb WITH a rear locker and couldnā€™t make it.

My old ā€˜96 XJ with no lockers and 32 BFG MTs. Could hang on just about any trail because of crazy flex (articulation) Flexy Jeep, a good driver even without lockers will take on most any poor or lazy driver with lockers.

I love the Rubicon, but it spoils a lot of you off road.

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
I had a friend buy me a toyota "hybrid" emblem... and I put it on the back of my very modified JK... I had so many people ask me about what sort of mpg I got with it... LOL. It's still on the back...its for fun!

Sponsored

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
At the bank, they installed special parking for high efficiency vehicles..... just like mine!

What absolute bs.... if they look carefully theyā€™ll not find the loan on the new jeep on their books. Looks like someone else was more efficient with the rates.... maybe they should worry about that?

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I almost ordered a hybrid emblem. Mainly to park next to a prius in the hybrid parking areas. ;)
When I sold my Prius I meant to grab my green HOV lane sticker for the Jeep! If you have a hybrid in TN you can drive with out extra occupants in the HOV lane... because your so green. you just register it with the state and you get your green sticker to let the police know you can be in that lane.

The funny thing to see are the ā€œhybridā€ Yukonā€™s and suburbans with those stickers in that lane because they really are a hybrid... getting 14 mpg šŸ˜

Another reason to have a wrangler 4XE, especially in California.

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Earlier this century I worked for a doctor who also owned a motorcycle dealership. (an unmitigated disaster) He purchased a lowest trim SUV and ordered/installed all of the exterior badges for the top of the line model. His golf buddies were surely impressed. Kind of like "I wanted a supermodel but stopped by the trailer park instead."

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
My experience around here is everyone who doesn't do hardcore offroad, wants a Rubicon. The real hardcore people buy a Sport or Willy's and mod the heck out of it.
I've owned Jeeps for 30 years and saw my first Rubicon on a trail when I bought my 17 Recon JKU :). And, honestly, I bought it for those cosmetics everyone's making fun of (hood,bumpers,interior) . I didn't remove the hood decals because the Recon decals are just cool :jk:
On the Gladiator, the Mojave gives the Rubicon a run on looks. I'll be swapping my Sport hood for 1 or the other shortly...maybe I'll even remove the decals ;)

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
If the term 'fuel infected' wasn't a thing, it sure is now!
Oh good old spell check and my too fast texting.

I drove that car a couple of weeks ago and ... I love a big block V8 in a old school Resto mod muscle car. The coil overs keep that thing planted and second gear full throttle makes keeping up with the next shift challenging! Biggest smile Iā€™ve had on my face since the last time I drove my JT.

jo.jacques

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys - Sting Grey
This is like the kids that were adding a "Type R" emblem on their shitty Civics back in the days
Sponsored