Sponsored

Falcon E-Adjust Adapt

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
New update on these shocks. I tried to get an update on my order yesterday and received a "another 3-5 months"....so I cancelled. Fox 2.5 from Accutune maybe?
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
New update on these shocks. I tried to get an update on my order yesterday and received a "another 3-5 months"....so I cancelled. Fox 2.5 from Accutune maybe?
Ugh... That sounds way more extensive than the wait times in 2020. My wait time for the 2.2, 3.3 manual adjust was about 7 weeks. Thanksgiving to January. Is that extended wait time just for the E-Adjust or for the manual adjust also ?
Are they making changes to the E-Adjust ? or is it a huge supply chain issue ?

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
Their reasoning behind the delay varies. Anywhere from, the electrical isn't up to par to the latest being that the are behind on orders and need to catch up. I've been waiting since the first of December so I gave up.

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
have mine on (3.5) and love them.. did a trail that I had done withe fox shocks and these things rock!!! wow what a difference..I love them... they were hard to fit on the diesel but we Edapted lol...

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
have mine on (3.5) and love them.. did a trail that I had done withe fox shocks and these things rock!!! wow what a difference..I love them... they were hard to fit on the diesel but we Edapted lol...
Cool, that sounds great ! Congrats on your ingenuity. I also really like my manual 3.3s. I saw on "Casey250" that Falcon now has a diesel version for the front shocks where they shorten the horizontal piggy back cylinder to fit the diesel easier... It was some kind of prototype. Not sure when they actually will be available from Falcon.

Sponsored

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I figured the resi had to be changed to fit the diesel .. just not enough room for everything to fit.. can’t wait to see what they look like.. one person said he was a dealer but havnt seen any pics.. would think maybe he had a little earlier access than the rest of lower level guys..

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I figured the resi had to be changed to fit the diesel .. just not enough room for everything to fit.. can’t wait to see what they look like.. one person said he was a dealer but havnt seen any pics.. would think maybe he had a little earlier access than the rest of lower level guys..
Here is a pic and a link to the installation of the new Diesel shock. It still barely clears.

Jeep Gladiator Falcon E-Adjust Adapt 1620398735810

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Figured the resi would change .. looks funky lol.. compared to mine but it’s going to work without mods? Ahh what’s the fun in that?

OP
OP
HemiMagnum1

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
Ordered a set about a month ago at the beginning of December. Now they say they won't arrive until September 2022...

• Wow
Reactions: mog

Sponsored

Tdemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Bad experiences turned completely around to a great one. I have added updates through out:

Older thread but in case anyone is considering these, I will share my experience. I found the A-dapt shocks on you tube (automated and app controlled version) in October of 2021. I called Terraflex/Falcon to place my order. Their sales rep said they would be 6 months if not longer, before they got them in to ship. About 1 month later my credit card was charged and I got a notice saying they were being shipped. I didn't have them installed until mid December 2021 as I was also adding a new lift. I got to the shop that installed them for me to find out there was no app or automated functions. That's when I learned of this version, the e-adjust. This never came up as a comment or question from the Falcon rep. I even recall stating "I am looking forward to the automation and app functionality". Basically I was stuck with a different product than what I was expecting. I would not have spent the money on this version. In the last year I have not done as much offroading as prior years. Maybe one semi-difficult trail and a handful of overlanding trips with moderate obstacles.

How the shocks perform: I noticed a difference from my Fox shocks. That was partly due to the difference of the bigger lift though so its kind of hard to say for sure. For the Soft/Hard switch: there is literally NO difference when you switch between Hard and Soft on the grab handle switch. Absolutely nothing! I called Falcon several times for trouble shooting. I followed their instructions which presented no issues. I even had my offroad shop run through them and they found no issues. I kind of gave up on bothering with them after the last troubleshooting call.
Falcon/Terraflex has been consistent about promising they would get back to me on whatever the open question/tooic was at the time, yet they don't. I came to expect that I will need to follow up with them, tell my story again, remind them they were going to look into XXXX topic, wait a month, dont hear anything and do it all over again.
[12/15/22 Update]
As far as the Hard/Soft not working, they are going to not only warranty it, but allow me to replace the harness with the A-dapt version. This will bring me back to what I originally thought I was ordered. 2 birds with one stone! Super excited for this.

One of my queries they were supposed to find out if I could switch to a new harness for the A-dapt features. I always had to follow back up with them on that as well and I would get varied stories depending on who I spoke with. "We aren't selling them", "We are selling them but don't know a price" "They aren't compatible" etc.
[12/15/22 Update] The Falcon team did have some back and forth, which with any changes could cause a bit of confusion or difficulty keeping up to date on current info proved to the sales/customer service folks. Also, they identified parts within the harness, which were not up to the quality they wanted and had to go back to the design table to ensure it was up to their standards. I thought this was great to hear and would say my perception increased in a positive manner, very much so.

Now to add salt to the wound: having them installed for just under a year and barely any use, one of the rear shocks blew out completely. The oil leaked and puddled on my shop floor. They have a 3 year warranty, but you have to (or you pay a shop to) remove the shock, ship it to Falcon, they will rebuild and ship back to you. I finally found a sales rep that gets back to me when she says she will.
[12/15/22 Update]
I may have just gotten lucky with a bad seal or something with two of my shocks, but they are covering these under warranty. I was able to coordinate dropping them off vs shipping as I will be in Utah for the holidays. Jane helped with the warranty RMA which she made very easy to do.

Overall rating with my experiences: too expensive for quality (less then a year and they fail) and poor customer service with the exception of being courteous.
[12/15/22 Update]
I was able to get in contact with the right folks. Jane and Jeremy. They listened to my whole story, returned communications when they said they were, provided explanation and owned areas that could have been (or have been) improved. I will have to say, not only is everything being resolved, but they went beyond what my expectations were. I am glad I decided to make that last additional call that got the balll rolling in the right direction!! I definitely have changed my opinion and perspective enough to say, it's back up with the majority of other's reviews (which I see are typically 5 stars and positive).

Lastly, not the shock that blew out, but the other rear shock seeps oil at the seam. Picture of this included. I really don't know if this normal. Since I don't know enough to say if this is to be expected or not, I am leaving this for the last of my comments.
[12/15/22 Update] This will be covered under warranty.

I hope you all have better experiences than me. My next shocks will NOT be Falcons, unless by some miracle they decide to help make this right.
[12/15/22 Update] Well, the miracle happened! Complete turn around and great support. Huge thanks to Jane and Jeremy! Rough start with my experiences, but in ending winderfully.

Jeep Gladiator Falcon E-Adjust Adapt 20221213_160848

Last edited:

STORY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Occupation
retired
I'm in need of a new set shocks for a 2020 JTR and I've been looking at these. I really like the concept of the E adjust & being able to control the settings in cab. I hate the Mopar Fox shock because on a stock Rubicon they should not be going out at 25k miles only to have them replaced one at a time under warranty. Me thinks Fox shot themselves in the foot making this crap for Mopar. You pretty much just made up my mind on these E adjust Falcons too. I'll look at those standard SP2 3.3 Falcons to see if reviews are any better but after reading your posts I don't feel warm & fuzzy about the Falcon line at all. Thanks for your honesty with the great posts and details. Just shows even great customer service on a crappy product only go's so far. They should have sent you out either a new shock or a rebuilt one right away until they got your core back. I couldn't go without a vehicle that long to take the risk on the product. Thanks again!

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I'm in need of a new set shocks for a 2020 JTR and I've been looking at these. I really like the concept of the E adjust & being able to control the settings in cab. I hate the Mopar Fox shock because on a stock Rubicon they should not be going out at 25k miles only to have them replaced one at a time under warranty. Me thinks Fox shot themselves in the foot making this crap for Mopar. You pretty much just made up my mind on these E adjust Falcons too. I'll look at those standard SP2 3.3 Falcons to see if reviews are any better but after reading your posts I don't feel warm & fuzzy about the Falcon line at all. Thanks for your honesty with the great posts and details. Just shows even great customer service on a crappy product only go's so far. They should have sent you out either a new shock or a rebuilt one right away until they got your core back. I couldn't go without a vehicle that long to take the risk on the product. Thanks again!
SDI E-Click Pro’s are what you’re looking for instead. More expensive than the falcons, but better in every way.

OP
OP
HemiMagnum1

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
I have installed a set of the eadjust adapt shocks on my 2020 Gladiator Max Tow, they work well and are an improvement over the stock max tow shocks. No problems so far. It’s been about 6 months since the install.
Jeep Gladiator Falcon E-Adjust Adapt 906050E7-A9F6-4DBD-82A8-5E81D9D66020

STORY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Occupation
retired
I have installed a set of the eadjust adapt shocks on my 2020 Gladiator Max Tow, they work well and are an improvement over the stock max tow shocks. No problems so far. It’s been about 6 months since the install.
Jeep Gladiator Falcon E-Adjust Adapt 906050E7-A9F6-4DBD-82A8-5E81D9D66020
I think he said he blew one out just under a year so keep us posted. And as far as the max tow, even those stock shocks are better than the Fox 2.0 that came on the 2020 Gladiator. I honestly don't know why there is not a poll on worst factory shocks ever but pretty sure 2020 JTR would be the worst. Bounce bounce bounce..
Sponsored