First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
They blow away my nitto Ridge grapplers on my 5th gen ram, that tire is way overrated in every sense besides longevity....these tires are very solid, one of my favorites I’ve had in a very long time.
Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Didn't wait long enough to test them in the snow, but hated them on the road. They were awful in my opinion and I love the Patagonia MTs I replaced them with and they work well in the snow.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Just got my Willys. How are the BF Goodrich mud terrain tires in the snow? I have selec-trac too which should help

MojaveBart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Ducati Panigale 1199s, Harley-Davidson 114 Fatboy, Harley-Davidson FLSS, Aprilia Tuono Factory, Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
I'm always cautious with tires I've not used before in the Snow and Ice. I will say those Falken M/Ts do very well. I've been pleasant surprised about stopping traction. Next week we head deep into the Rockies we'll see how they do offroad in deep snow...

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm always cautious with tires I've not used before in the Snow and Ice. I will say those Falken M/Ts do very well. I've been pleasant surprised about stopping traction. Next week we head deep into the Rockies we'll see how they do offroad in deep snow...
Have fun and report back!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
mine has the factory m/t As well. Are they as good as a duratrac? No, but i have to say they did orders of magnitude better than i expected In the snow. Really impressed with this tire so far.

i did find that a few bags of sand helped out the rear from slipping as much, but thats just mid size pickup truck life stuff.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
Just got my Willys. How are the BF Goodrich mud terrain tires in the snow? I have selec-trac too which should help
No as good from my experience in our old JKU willys, that said I never complained about them, rotated them often and got over 50,000 out of them (very loud at the end) but I replaced them with the exact same set, I spend a lot of time in the snow as well. These Falkens on the other hand perform way better then any MT I’ve had (in the snow, too early to say for everything else)and I’ve had quite a few.

drjmba

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Am I optimistic/crazy, or is anyone else surprisingly impressed with the factory Falken Wildpeak MT tires in the snow and ice?

My JT and the factory MT’s have 15k miles on them- not new by any means. I didnt have much snow experience with the tires last spring, but have been super impressed with road manners, noise, and especially offroad traction here in the northeast over the summer and fall. That being said I’ve been equally nervous about winter snow and ice traction, I even prepared myself to buy a set of 3 peak rated ATs for winter use.

Our first real storm of the year arrived this week here in NY. Locally we averaged around 1ft of snow. So far I am incredibly impressed with the MT’s in deep snow, sloppy slush, and packed snow/ice. I have an 1/8th mile long steep gravel driveway and haven’t needed 4wd yet. On the road I havent slipped that I’ve noticed. This morning I intentionally slammed the brakes on hard packed snow and ice at 20mph and was shocked that the abs kicked in for just a second before the tires grabbed and lurched me forward in my seat with an abrupt stop. The rubber compound even feels softer than I expected- especially at this mornings temp of 18.

Am I out of my mind, or is anyone else experiencing way better winter performance with these tires than they should be?

AGREE! I’m in Pennsylvania with a 2020 Rubicon.....about a foot of snow. Awesome performance on the stock Falken tires....

MuddBud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’m a Georgia resident and proud owner of a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with Falken Peak M/T’s for over a year. Last winter, we received 8 inches of snow in less than 5 hours in the north of our state and was utter chaos. I live on the spine of a mountain and must traverse a very steep incline to enter and leave my home. I decided to go for a drive when the snow hit (5 years driving experience in wintery South Dakota) and help some stranded motorists. I returned to my home street to find several vehicles parked at the base of our road whose drivers where forced to find other transportation to get back to their houses. One of these was a JK Unlimited with street tires which I later found out made it 1/8th up our street only to spin out, turn 180 degrees, and roll back down the hill. My Gladiator rolled the entire length of that unplowed, icy, snow-covered road without a single slip. I wholly endorse the Falken Peak M/T’s for anyone who lives in an area with snow and ice.

Sponsored

agloom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon; A4
Just got my '21 Rubi delivered last week- so have driven in nothing but snow. Great traction and super fun to bomb down the unplowed fire roads here in Northern Wisconsin. Took my boys Nordic skiing a few times this weekend and it's fun to be fearless.

only issue I had was glare ice and the front end shifted downslope in 2wd. So Audi with Blizzaks seems better on the pure ice.

I was also worried as the ATs were snow rated and the MT were not- but glad I took the risk.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Good to know!
Sponsored